United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
_
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2021, 12:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Going to get on ZeroZeroZero this weekend. Seen Gabriel Byrne is in it?

Unread 05-02-2021, 12:13 PM
Ethers

First episode of ZeroZeroZero done. Excellent.

Unread 05-02-2021, 12:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Latest episode...

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Multiverse in the MCU... all leading to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
click to showhide
Spoiler:
click to showhide
Are the x-men coming in too? Ffs they couldn’t have done this 10 years ago when Huge Jacked Man was still Wolverine?!
click to showhide

Unread 05-02-2021, 01:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Spoiler:
click to showhide
Are the x-men coming in too? Ffs they couldn’t have done this 10 years ago when Huge Jacked Man was still Wolverine?!
click to showhide
Id say probably at some point but they’ll hold off for a while yet imo

Fantastic 4 will be before them.

Still think Jackman will return for cameos at some point too.

But not forgetting magneto is the twins father in the comics...

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:41 PM
Big Norm

The Investigation. Dramatisation of the true story about the bloke in Denmark who murdered a female journalist in his homemade submarine.

Like a Scandi noir thriller but real. Really well done. On BBC Iplayer.

Unread 07-02-2021, 05:33 AM
believe

Probably regret posting but the missus has me roped in to Married at first sight - Australia and I can't lie it's great entertainment.

Unread 07-02-2021, 07:40 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
First episode of ZeroZeroZero done. Excellent.
First one last night for me. Brilliant.

Unread 07-02-2021, 07:42 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Probably regret posting but the missus has me roped in to Married at first sight - Australia and I can't lie it's great entertainment.
I watched the couple of series of that which had the drama. Was brilliantly trash.

Unread 07-02-2021, 11:37 AM
Baron

The Mandalorian - s2

Incredibly satisfying, never knew I’d get so invested. Managed to really ramp up the second season after a slightly wobbly start, what an ending.

Unread 07-02-2021, 01:02 PM
shenwen

Another mention from me for French spy caper The Bureau (Le Bureau des Légendes). Just finished S3 and right into the next one. Couple of lapses in plot/character but still a superior show.

We are: the Brooklyn Saints. Last Chance U but with 10 year olds. Four parts. Started okay but only so much I can take of righteous black men (copyright Buggin' Out) telling young kids how to be righteous black men by spouting tired "be the change" platitudes. Plus all the teams in it seem to be especially shit so not much will they/won't they win tension. Spoiler: they won't.

Unread 08-02-2021, 09:04 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
The Investigation. Dramatisation of the true story about the bloke in Denmark who murdered a female journalist in his homemade submarine.

Like a Scandi noir thriller but real. Really well done. On BBC Iplayer.
I liked the way they never even mentioned the name of the killer. Either it was to give the guy zero publicity, or there may be legal issues with something so recent.

Those divers. How do you get out of bed in the morning knowing the size of the task that lays ahead of you

Unread 08-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I liked the way they never even mentioned the name of the killer. Either it was to give the guy zero publicity, or there may be legal issues with something so recent.

Those divers. How do you get out of bed in the morning knowing the size of the task that lays ahead of you
Read an article about the series and apparently not mentioning him by name or portraying him with an actor was deliberately done for the former.

Incredible how he nearly go away with it and, as you say, the divers were just amazing.

Unread 08-02-2021, 10:05 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Ridiculous woke bullshit.

Listen, retard, I don't just blurt things out for fun. When I say they shoehorned them in, I'm talking black woman living on the moon.

LIVING ON THE MOON.

Find me a picture of that?

Oh and von Braun's adopted granddaughter is making all the calls. Not as a secretary - as CHIEF OF NASA.

It's surprisingly watchable.

Unread 08-02-2021, 10:16 AM
Baron

Ramy

Described as "a muslim Fleabag" which feels sort of in the right ballpark. It's set in New York, it's got some top level racist bants in it with the uncle and generally it's smart, funny & has a bit more heart than most things out there but also touches on some dark shit. Only watched 4 episodes so far but I rate it. Loses points for a mention of Mo Salah in an early episode.

Would recommend.

Unread 08-02-2021, 01:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just finished The Boys season 2. Very good. Looking forward to Season 3.
Hated it. Horses for courses I suppose.

Unread 08-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
The Mandalorian - s2

Incredibly satisfying, never knew I’d get so invested. Managed to really ramp up the second season after a slightly wobbly start, what an ending.
Absolutely brilliant, me and the missus blitzed both series in about 4 days. Some of the little nods to past films are quality (feet up on the table in the cantina ). Also the end credits storyboard and music are class.

Unread 08-02-2021, 05:25 PM
Dueling Banjos

Resident Alien. Only 2 episodes in but it's amusing enough up to now.

Unread 08-02-2021, 05:28 PM
MUFC One Love

Anyone like Schitt Creek?

Watched the first and enjoyed it.

2nd episode of ZeroZeroZero done. Brilliant.

Unread 08-02-2021, 10:54 PM
NedKelly

Buzzing for this

Unread 08-02-2021, 11:02 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Resident Alien. Only 2 episodes in but it's amusing enough up to now.
I’m enjoying it. I like Alan Tudyk though. Top comedy actor
Closed Thread