United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread
 
Unread 01-01-2020, 11:41 PM
Gypsum Fantastic
 
Default Recommend some good TV: 2020

Nearly finished Sex education on Netflix. Gillian Anderson looking good. Aside from that has some enjoyable bits but pretty ridiculous.

6.5/10

Did the end of the f***ing world 2 in about a week. Not as good as the first series but still way better than most of the shite out there.

8/10
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 08:51 AM
chooch
 
Default

Wisting on BBC 4 has been good so far. Two episodes on the iplayer.


https://www.imdb.com/video/vi371571993
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 09:00 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Pretty much a Casualty reboot - BBC One, Saturday Nights.

After a shocking opener last week - I can't remember a bigger TV shock in ages - the pieces are going to be well and truly shaken up.

Watch last week's on th'iPlayer and hop onto the Casualty Train in 2020.
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 09:02 AM
jaffo
 
Default

Haven't seen either yet but both Dracula (BBC) and Messiah (Netflix) have had good notices
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 09:45 AM
Drexl
 
Default

Finished A Christmas Carol last night, very good. (The mike from neighbours mini series). Just gutted I watched it AFTER new year, as I want Christmas to start all over again now.

Tiny Tim was

They were all good tbf, except Ali Baba, but that is because I cannot take him seriously. Rubber dingy rapids brother
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 09:53 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Haven't seen either yet but both Dracula (BBC) and Messiah (Netflix) have had good notices
Not heard of this one?

Who is your notice provider?

Google says 'panned by critics', Rotten Tomatoes has it at 29%
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 10:27 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Not heard of this one?

Who is your notice provider?

Google says 'panned by critics', Rotten Tomatoes has it at 29%
This is the one where
Spoiler:
click to showhide


the name of the character gave away the plot apparently
click to showhide


so won't even bother watching this one.
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 10:39 AM
Stone Monkey
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Haven't seen either yet but both Dracula (BBC) and Messiah (Netflix) have had good notices
Dracula was absolute bobbins!

Managed about 15minutes but had to turn it off as we were all just laughing at it!

 
Unread 02-01-2020, 12:14 PM
jaffo
 
Default

Looks like I've begun 2020 with a bang.

The Grauniad gave both Messiah and Dracula good reviews.
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 01:06 PM
Baron
 
Default

Mentioned on the last post in the 2019 thread....

Brockmire

Hank Azaria as a degenerate baseball commentator, available on Prime.

It's bite-sized 22min or so shows so you can rattle through it. Absolutely love it.
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Jethro
 
Default

A Year in the Life of a Year in iPlayer. f***ing superb. Bit like what Screenwipe used to be but funnier
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 09:18 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Mentioned on the last post in the 2019 thread....

Brockmire

Hank Azaria as a degenerate baseball commentator, available on Prime.

It's bite-sized 22min or so shows so you can rattle through it. Absolutely love it.
Absolutely f***ing brilliant Hank is superb.

I love Amanda Peet
 
Unread 02-01-2020, 09:34 PM
Cream
 
Default

Don't f*** With Cats on Netflix.

Like a 3 episode version of Making A Murderer. Just finished it in one sitting.

Internet nerds set about solving the case of a hooded little runt posting youtube videos of himself murdering cats. Though they stop just short of showing the hideous crimes, you very much get the picture, so be aware it has some uncomfortable moments.

Things escalate, turns into an international manhunt.

It's excellent.
 
Unread 03-01-2020, 03:21 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Don't f*** With Cats on Netflix.

Like a 3 episode version of Making A Murderer. Just finished it in one sitting.

Internet nerds set about solving the case of a hooded little runt posting youtube videos of himself murdering cats. Though they stop just short of showing the hideous crimes, you very much get the picture, so be aware it has some uncomfortable moments.

Things escalate, turns into an international manhunt.

It's excellent.
Watched all three last night. Brilliant. The way it escalated

That scene - "Let me tell you who Manny is"
 
Unread 03-01-2020, 05:28 AM
Street Magician
 
Default

Finished The Mandalorian, brilliant! Why they couldn't let John Faverau (sp) have a go at one of the last three films is beyond me. Apart from Chapter 4 it was a jolly good Star Wars story... tbc apparently!
 
Unread 03-01-2020, 05:42 AM
puressence
 
Default

christmas carol was ace
 
Unread 03-01-2020, 07:42 AM
believe
 
Default

Watched Donít **** with Cats yesterday and it was very good. Couldnít help think of this place though all the way through it

Started Messiah too and three episodes in and itís very good, donít let the bastards grind you down Jaffo.
 
Unread 03-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Watched Donít **** with Cats yesterday and it was very good. Couldnít help think of this place though all the way through it

Started Messiah too and three episodes in and itís very good, donít let the bastards grind you down Jaffo.
He'd
Spoiler:
click to showhide
still be at large
click to showhide
if Windy was on the case.

Also started Messiah. Looks good. Will all end in tears.
 
Unread 03-01-2020, 09:15 AM
Lazlo Panaflex
 
Default

2 eps into The messiah and I'm hooked.
 
Unread 03-01-2020, 09:21 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He'd
Spoiler:
click to showhide
still be at large
click to showhide
if Windy was on the case.

Also started Messiah. Looks good. Will all end in tears.


Have also started Messiah. One episode in. Already think I've sussed it.

Spoiler:
click to showhide
When he told the copper he knew about the boy during the interrogation, I reckon he knows this because he WAS the boy...
click to showhide
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Recommend some good TV: 2020
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recommend some good TV: 2019 Gypsum Fantastic TV / Film / Books / Arts 1125 01-01-2020 11:13 PM
recommend some good tv: 2018 Gypsum Fantastic TV / Film / Books / Arts 752 06-01-2019 08:54 PM
Recommend me a good camera Mr_Ed Science & Technology 20 03-08-2015 08:13 PM
Recommend me a good film... buryboy TV / Film / Books / Arts 30 12-10-2007 11:47 PM
Recommend a good book. MUFC One Love Off Topic 41 02-06-2007 12:25 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.