United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
-
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM
trans2000

Default Ballots for Away tickets

Just wondering who has been successful this season on the ballots for premiership away matches and if you have, was the match close to your postcode?

Most years i get 2-3 away tickets. All have been London clubs as im living on the outskirts of north london now....long story

This season i have had squat. Not even an AJax away ticket aswell. Im praying on a Spurs ticket now.

I thought the chances of getting away tickets would have improved with the amount of people not renewing their season ticketsover the years, since the glazers and the recession. Do you think the execs are getting more?

Unread 07-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Withers

No one on here goes mate.

Might be quicker to just pm stoney and carlo.

Unread 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM
carlosartorial

I've had 14/17 but....that's being in the loyalty pot.

The thing to do is to phone a couple of days before every away asking for returns, that way you get put on the list of people they contact when they receive them...

Edit: Another tip my brother swears by is applying for single tickets. ie dont apply for 2 or 3 together, put in 3 x separate apps for each game.

Unread 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
toseeunited

i've had 0 out of every away game this season!!

normally get a good 4-5 a season, and all of the euro aways but not ha a sniff this season (had a year out of euro aways though).

i got returns for chelsea on sunday which was a nice surprise but it's been my worst season by far this one for aways.

Unread 07-02-2012, 03:47 PM
elephantstone

I got Liverpool this season. I rely on execs and get my usual 2 tickets for every game.

Unread 07-02-2012, 04:18 PM
trans2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i've had 0 out of every away game this season!!

normally get a good 4-5 a season, and all of the euro aways but not ha a sniff this season (had a year out of euro aways though).

i got returns for chelsea on sunday which was a nice surprise but it's been my worst season by far this one for aways.
Seems like you and me on in the same boat. I didnt get a Chelsea one so i must be garanteed a Spurs one now

Unread 07-02-2012, 04:23 PM
The Watcher

Only got Euro aways off the club. I get f*** all for domestic games.

I'd love to be in the LP

Unread 07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
f*** KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2000
Just wondering who has been successful this season on the ballots for premiership away matches and if you have, was the match close to your postcode?

Most years i get 2-3 away tickets. All have been London clubs as im living on the outskirts of north london now....long story

This season i have had squat. Not even an AJax away ticket aswell. Im praying on a Spurs ticket now.

I thought the chances of getting away tickets would have improved with the amount of people not renewing their season ticketsover the years, since the glazers and the recession. Do you think the execs are getting more?
I wouldn't hold your breath on a Spurs ticket as the allocation has been cut to 1,600 apparently

a lot more away tickets are going to execs and also they are selling away games as 'packages' so they can charge for hotel plus transport plus ticket...they are considering scrapping the loyalty pot next season and they may as well for all the use it is now plenty in the loyalty pot been chubbed this year

Unread 07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I've had 14/17 but....that's being in the loyalty pot.

The thing to do is to phone a couple of days before every away asking for returns, that way you get put on the list of people they contact when they receive them...

Edit: Another tip my brother swears by is applying for single tickets. ie dont apply for 2 or 3 together, put in 3 x separate apps for each game.
YMMS ....and I mean really I want to call you a p**** in a kind of don't mean it as bad as it sounds but you are kind of way ...

I had 1 in all the seasons I had a season ticket ! Now I get my euros and homes through membership and aways through top reds, begging and touts.

That loyalty pot sounds like the only option to having half a chance tbh

Unread 07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
lookingforeric

Thinking of getting an exec season ticket next season. How much do they start from and what extra benefits do I get besides a lot better chance of getting away tix?

Unread 07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
Thinking of getting an exec season ticket next season. How much do they start from and what extra benefits do I get

A blow job of Malcolm Glazer

Unread 07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
Thinking of getting an exec season ticket next season. How much do they start from and what extra benefits do I get besides a lot better chance of getting away tix?
A seat with a cushion on

Unread 07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Ben

nothing all season domestically. got 4 or 5 last year. luckily my LP contact sorts me more often than not

Unread 07-02-2012, 05:22 PM
TravellingRed

Thumbs up

Get one for pretty much every game I ask for, only a bgr these days though.

Unread 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Kidnapper

Used to get 10+ a season due to knowing when the returns came in as I know someone who works in the TO.

They have changed their policy now and ring out to people, although I haven't had one of these calls.

Got Everton away and that is it, apart from returns up until October. I think my away days are coming to an end.

Unread 07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Hoping you get a spurs.....

Unread 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM
trans2000

And so the 100% chubbing continues:-

Sorry - your ticket application for Tottenham away was unsuccessful. If any tickets become available we will randomly select and call unsuccessful applicants.

Probably explains the people who they kept calling yesterday offering AJAX away tickets and when I phone them up they say 'returned Ajax tickets, we haven't heard or seen anything'. Only for them to continue ringing people up offering tickets.

1. I hate the TO
2. I hate execs. If they don't want them why not say from the start. Instead of returning them.

Unread 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
elephantstone

I got a spurs in the ballot.

Unread 10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I got a spurs in the ballot.
me too. my first this season

Unread 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM
trans2000

Quote: