United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
_
Closed Thread
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Chorlton74
 
Default 1990 raves

check out the granada presenters. class.

 
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Sparky***
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

considering there were virtually no mobile phones and no internet back then, it's amazing how they managed to get the word out where the rave was at the last minute.
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
newsie
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
considering there were virtually no mobile phones and no internet back then, it's amazing how they managed to get the word out where the rave was at the last minute.
Word of mouth?
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Wez
 
Thumbs up Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
considering there were virtually no mobile phones and no internet back then, it's amazing how they managed to get the word out where the rave was at the last minute.

Used to meet up a service stations, outside pubs, country road laybys etc...

Went to loads in warehouses, caves, farmers fields, quarry's. Did go to a cracker in the mid 90's in a quarry in Wales.

Meet up at some country pub, ended up having to go through a stream (knee deep) through a load of fields and someones back garden* to get to the quarry


* One of the funniest thing seeing 100's of people jumping over this garden fence and running through this garden as the family were sat in their living watching tv wondering wft was going on


Happy days indeed
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Sparky***
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsie
Word of mouth?
Sorry, I keep forgetting it was in Blackburn so everybody must have been related.
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Here's one about some club called Shelleys in Stoke on Trent...

 
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
believe
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Burtonwood services sat in a car telling a bloke i'd met 5 minutes before that he was my best friend are some of the best memories of my life
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Wez
 
Thumbs up Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Burtonwood services sat in a car telling a bloke i'd met 5 minutes before that he was my best friend are some of the best memories of my life
That'll be a good pill
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
believe
 
Thumbs up Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
That'll be a good pill
good times
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:24 PM
ralph
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Here's one about some club called Shelleys in Stoke on Trent...

YouTube- Shelleys Rave,Longton Stoke documentary
That girl with the melon at the end
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Wez
 
Thumbs up Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
good times
Showing my age a bit here, but I remember getting pills for 20-25 each proper white doves, dennis the menance's (red and black caps) rhubard and custards (green & yellow caps I think) white burgers, flatliners, I wonder how many shite tablets that would buy you nowadays
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
believe
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Showing my age a bit here, but I remember getting pills for 20-25 each proper white doves, dennis the menance's (red and black caps) rhubard and custards (green & yellow caps I think) white burgers, flatliners, I wonder how many shite tablets that would buy you nowadays
sounds expensive but it was very rare that you had more than one and if you did you regretted it. the last time i had a session on the pills i had 30 at a cost of a 1 each.
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Sparky***
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Are pills better now or worse?
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:04 PM
believe
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Are pills better now or worse?
they're f***ing shit. when i was at leeds festval this year i had about 8 at 7 in the morning and they had worn off by the time my missus was ready and we were on the ale at 12. i used to have 1 in the mid 90's and they would last all night and you'd be off your face. i once double dropped in smiths and thought i was going to die.
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Wez
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
sounds expensive but it was very rare that you had more than one and if you did you regretted it. the last time i had a session on the pills i had 30 at a cost of a 1 each.
Yup, one used to last all night and you'd be hammered

Quote:
Are pills better now or worse?
Load of shite nowadays Sparky, may as well buy some pro plus from Tescos
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Sparky***
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

Load of shite nowadays Sparky, may as well buy some pro plus from Tescos
I've never been one for pills and powders myself. Don't trust them. If they've been made by some c*** in his kitchen then god knows what's in them.
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
red @rmy
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Used to meet up a service stations, outside pubs, country road laybys etc...

Went to loads in warehouses, caves, farmers fields, quarry's. Did go to a cracker in the mid 90's in a quarry in Wales.

Meet up at some country pub, ended up having to go through a stream (knee deep) through a load of fields and someones back garden* to get to the quarry


* One of the funniest thing seeing 100's of people jumping over this garden fence and running through this garden as the family were sat in their living watching tv wondering wft was going on


Happy days indeed
Same here, we went in a mates transit van, trouble was he used to deliver fruit and veg, we were covered in rotten tomatoes and grapes by the time we got there. used to go to Angels, and also Kinetic is Stoke.
Happy days indeed.
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Wez
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've never been one for pills and powders myself. Don't trust them. If they've been made by some c*** in his kitchen then god knows what's in them.
Nowadays, yes youre right; but as believe says, back in the day , they did what they said on the tin, clean and strong
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Sparky***
 
Default Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Nowadays, yes youre right; but as believe says, back in the day , they did what they said on the tin, clean and strong
If Believe was taking jack n jills in 1990 then I'd seriously question how he was raised.
 
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Wez
 
Thumbs up Re: 1990 raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Same here, we went in a mates transit van, trouble was he used to deliver fruit and veg, we were covered in rotten tomatoes and grapes by the time we got there. used to go to Angels, and also Kinetic is Stoke.
Happy days indeed.


Some good sunday mornings at Knutsford Services as well

I cut my teeth in Sequins in Blackpool, Mix Factory DJ's, class
Shellys in Stoke
Hippo's in sunny Middleton
Then moved onto The Gallery in Leeds; one of the Utah Saints part owned it, some great nights

To go back to those days, just for one night, would be class
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: 1990 raves
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roy's rants and raves - the best of United legend Keane in quotes fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 05-12-2008 12:50 PM
What if SAF was sacked in 1990 Fuzzy Dunlop Football 11 25-11-2008 06:53 PM
1990-1991 Mr_Ed Off Topic 10 08-03-2008 10:48 AM
Rio raves about Fletcher dakpul Football 14 16-04-2007 08:49 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.