United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:53 PM
goldfinger II

I'd keep Young. Surprised he hasn't had a run out at left-back this season, given no-one else has done well there. Now that I think of it, don't see why Fosu-Mensah or Borthwick-Jackson haven't had a go there. Both did well last season. Jose out!

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I'd keep Young. Surprised he hasn't had a run out at left-back this season, given no-one else has done well there. Now that I think of it, don't see why Fosu-Mensah or Borthwick-Jackson haven't had a go there. Both did well last season. Jose out!

Young, Darmian, rojo, Blind they have all played left back this season. Which tells me we are desperate in that position so there must be BIG problems with Shaw. The lad is / can be a beast will be really disappointed if/when he leaves I had high hopes.

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:55 PM
dunk

CBJ is at Wolves.

TFM is right sided.

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Bit harsh tbf. You could have said that about the previous two #@&%!heads but Jose is definitely making the best of a badly dealt hand. He's got to replace players and players cost money these days. As long as he spends big on players that will make a difference then I can't see what he's doing wrong.
I think people did say this about the previous two #@&%!heads (although without any confidence in moyes's ability to attract anyone not called fellaini). and about fergie, whilst he milked what he could out of some elderly gentlemen.

it would be quite something to get the best out of the players we have and... ahem.... give youth a chance.

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
CBJ is at Wolves.

TFM is right sided.
Not any more. Playing for Utd U23s last I read because the belm at wolves (lambert? CBA checking) wouldn't play him.

He can put in a quality cross tbf which would be handy.

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:52 PM
waynes ear's

Vidal

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Vedder

We need two top quality full backs imo. Valencia is 32 this year and Darmian and Shaw are absolute fannies.

Love big Grizzy but if we are to drop 80m+ on a player then surely it has to be Carrick's replacement?

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
We need two top quality full backs imo. Valencia is 32 this year and Darmian and Shaw are absolute fannies.

Love big Grizzy but if we are to drop 80m+ on a player then surely it has to be Carrick's replacement?
Agreed. Griezmann isn't a priority for me. We need a proper CB and someone at the back of midfield much more.

Especially as Griezmann would presumably be playing instead of Mata or Mhki. There's no way he'd be the centre-forward.

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder

Why can't he do both?

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Why can't he do both?
Because we apparently need another defender, full-back, midfielder and winger too

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:37 PM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so, to recap, all jose has to do is spend loads of money bringing in world class players in order to improve the team. same as always.

Same as any other manager.

It's the way of the world now.

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:38 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Because we apparently need another defender, full-back, midfielder and winger too
I'm sure the 250 million previous managers have spent will cover it

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm sure the 250 million previous managers have spent will cover it
Talk about net spend, fella. Don't talk about spend. Talk about net spend.

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Talk about net spend, fella. Don't talk about spend. Talk about net spend.
Wasn't a personal attack pal My point is that if he wants to spend 200 million on getting it right then let him, if he thinks he has to spend a billion then why not? The whole game is geared about the big teams winning stuff at whatever cost so why are we any different?

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Wasn't a personal attack pal My point is that if he wants to spend 200 million on getting it right then let him, if he thinks he has to spend a billion then why not? The whole game is geared about the big teams winning stuff at whatever cost so why are we any different?
Hasn't there been talk of scaling back the spending this summer?

Tbh I don't think we need that much. Shaw should get more of a chance and Mensah surely gets involved next season.

A proper centre-back who can teach Bailly what to do, then replacement for Carrick. And Rooney if/when he goes.

Brought in a few quid in January tbf. Maybe could go on a squaddie or two.

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:54 PM
believe

Why would we scale back now in an era where money literally means nothing when we've been outspending everyone for 20 years? It's a question of spending the right money on the right players.

League winner/CL winners > how much money some business makes.

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:57 PM
suffolkred

Thumbs up

Quote:
Why would we scale back now in an era where money literally means nothing when we've been outspending everyone for 20 years? It's a question of spending the right money on the right players.

Word.

Unread 27-02-2017, 04:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Because we are run by men who only care about how much money their business makes.

But we did bring in about £40m in January, and hopefully selling Fellaini and one or two others and losing Rooney's wages gives us plenty of room. Whether we qualify for the Champions League could affect the type of player we go for, too.

Unread 27-02-2017, 04:25 PM
forwardirektion

Why do people keep saying play Shaw? It's not gonna happen

He's not playing now when all the other left back options are awful, he's done.

Did you see Anders vid from the dressing room after the match? All the players celebrating apart from shaw who's tucking into the buffet

Unread 27-02-2017, 04:34 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Why do people keep saying play Shaw? It's not gonna happen

He's not playing now when all the other left back options are awful, he's done.

Did you see Anders vid from the dressing room after the match? All the players celebrating apart from shaw who's tucking into the buffet
How dare he eat some of the fruit on offer.

Clearly there's a issue with Shaw (harsh as it is), but he's still a kid and hopefully we won't be making any daft decisions regarding his future this summer, nor should he take the easy option and walk away.

As for the original question, more quality. Top CB, top midfielder, top winger, Griez.

We're not far off.
Closed Thread