United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2009, 10:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
they are ok. but i prefer your first which hit the nail on the head.

regarding this description of park.

i agree 100%
its all that that gives me the confidence to stick my neck out and say he is one of the best in his position in europe.
At doing what he does, he probably is, as he isn't a 'Winger' as such.

I wouldn't say Tevez is one of the best in his position as a striker, but probably is in terms of what he actually does.

If you had an ounce of intelligence or education, you would be able to see the point I am making here rather than getting hug up on the player comparison and who is better. Something I have never once mentioned, intimated or alluded too.

But you just £#%&!ing LOVE your player comparisons, don't you Marlo You're too £#%&!ing easy.

Unread 31-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 31-01-2009, 10:55 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Correct. Anderson didn't prove anything in terms of assists. Decent passing at times, but nothing really incisive. He may have got 1 assist, I think that was about it.
agreed.
i love this post of yours by the way from earlier today.
Quote:
Park has proven in the past that he is capable of creating and scoring goals. In his first season, I believe he had numerous assists (I'm not sure if he was top of the list, but he wasn't far off).

I'm not sure someone who constantly bleats on about Anderson should be slagging off other players for their lack of goals and assists. Especially players who have shown they are capable in the past, when Anderson has shown next to nothing.

it basically says park can be excused because he showed he can do in the past.(a)
also says anderson ha shown next to nothing since being at the club.(b)

thats quite a contrast to this post of yours from last year.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=32
Quote:
Carrick is not in his debut season.

And passing to a red shirt isn't that difficult.

He does not impose himself whatsoever.

He doesn't stick his foot in and win enough tackles.

He doesn't bomb forward and get into the box.(b)

Last season, is last season. It means £#%&! all.(a)

This season he has been poor. Anderson should be picked ahead of him everytime.

It is Anderson and ANOTHER.

Already.

And he is £#%&!ing 19!
anyone know a coroner????

Unread 31-01-2009, 10:58 PM
wonky no

Quote:
agreed.

it basically says park can be excused because he showed he can do in the past.(a)

not that busy then?

Unread 31-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Wez

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
not that busy then?

Unread 31-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
agreed.

I'm glad to see you have missed the point with most of my points Marlo...

I said Anderson had proved nothing in terms of assists and goals, which was the topic YOU brought up with regards to Park. And I didn't say Park should be excused from anything. He has the ability to create was my point, not that he has created in the past, so he never needs to create again.

In addition, I do rate Anderson highly. But unlike you, I don't have my #@&%! lodged firmly up his arse. He has gone backwards a hell of a lot over the past 12 months. And yes, Carrick has proved me wrong. I'm big enough to admit that.

Unread 31-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Alan

Park is gash.

Should not be anywhere near the 1st team when other players are fit.

Unread 31-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Park is gash.

Should not be anywhere near the 1st team when other players are fit.
possibly your most clueless ever post, for example

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Alan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
possibly your most clueless ever post, for example
And this is one of your most predictable ones, too.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:40 AM
jem

Default park

is, indeed, gash.

tevez has no vision, no touch on his passing and shoots wildly. every goal he has scored could just as easily have hit the corner flag.

fletch is a talentless git as well.

they are all jolly enthusiastic so we applaud their effort. tevez is tireless in closing down people (every now and then he even makes contact with the ball, just to show it's not a complete waste of time).

but, let's be honest, along with o'shea, we could replace all of them tomorrow and see change from a 20.

it's lucky every other team in the league is shit or we'd be mid-table.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:48 AM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is, indeed, gash.

tevez has no vision, no touch on his passing and shoots wildly. every goal he has scored could just as easily have hit the corner flag.

fletch is a talentless git as well.

they are all jolly enthusiastic so we applaud their effort. tevez is tireless in closing down people (every now and then he even makes contact with the ball, just to show it's not a complete waste of time).

but, let's be honest, along with o'shea, we could replace all of them tomorrow and see change from a 20.

it's lucky every other team in the league is shit or we'd be mid-table.
I'm amazed we've won so much with so many shit players in our team/squad

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'm amazed we've won so much with so many shit players in our team/squad
you're telling me!

but look at the £#%&!ing opposition.

chelsea at old trafford... what a £#%&!ing shower.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:56 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
tevez is tireless in closing down people.
he hasn't got round to you yet which is a bit of a shame. or alan, for example

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Alan

What do you gents think Park brings to the side?

To me, he brings lots of enthusiasm, lots of running, and a decent end product in maybe 1 attempt from 10.

An ideal player to have in the squad who will sit on the bench and not complain, is about where it begins and ends in my opinion.

This £#%&!fest over an ordinary and often poor quality footballer is bizarre, or perhaps an elaborate WUM.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:00 AM
jem

Default you could learn

a lot from alan.

a £#%&!ing army of tevezes couldn't close me down. I don't think he'd make past the border patrol into my zone of terror.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:02 AM
jem

Default nice cameo

from nevland today, incidentally. reminds me of an uncomplaining substitute we had. :0)

Unread 01-02-2009, 05:18 AM
Ether

I can't be arsed slagging of individual players, partly because to be fair Park is having a very good run of form. But to compare him to Tevez is just taking the piss.

If Fergie really thought that Park was good enough as a long term solution to the winger problem, he wouldnt have signed Tosic and be in the market for Valencia.

Unread 01-02-2009, 05:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I can't be arsed slagging of individual players, partly because to be fair Park is having a very good run of form. But to compare him to Tevez is just taking the piss.

If Fergie really thought that Park was good enough as a long term solution to the winger problem, he wouldnt have signed Tosic and be in the market for Valencia.
The point being, he was never, at any point, compared to Tevez.

Unread 01-02-2009, 05:43 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Thumbs up

park was awesome today, love the lad

Unread 01-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Tronics

woah. im baffed at the level of praise Park is getting.

he had a good game, didnt stop running and the defenders life hell.

but lets be honest as a creative force on the wing he's shit.

ill be the first to say that he has improved but for all that running on the wing he didnt manage to get one cross past the 1st man. the same thing happened @ WBA

the same people rejoicing at Parks ability to run non stop for the duration of the match would be the first to start laying into Nani for a misplaced cross/pass.

when in reality Nani takes the greater risks in his pass selection or attacking play.
Closed Thread