United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Truthfully? No idea. Whalefish is better on all that shite than me.

I'm just suggesting he might not be given the 4 or 5 years to develop like Fletcher has had the benefit of - based on the fact the step payments to Porto that'll become due as he racks up more games/team wins more titles.

I can see us flirting him off and cashing in if he doesn't start 'progressing' a bit more rapidly. Just my opinion...
There is nobody in world football that at his age could do the same job well that's my opinion, he's a young lad and needs to be given time.

It's unreal to think that some are on about selling him after his wonderful 1st season, in which he helped us with the European Cup, he even scored the most important penalty in the final.

His performances this season have been below last seasons but so have alot of players.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Whalefish

Oh here you go, two European central midfielders who may be worth a punt:

Marek Hamsik
Javi Martínez

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Marek Hamsik
Javi Martínez

Googling them now, will report back with my Scouting Report.

Or can you not just screen shot them in FM?

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Whalefish

Never played football manager or whatever it's called.

I have only seen Hamsik play and he looked alright. The other lad is a Bilbao player who Utd and Liverpool are supposedly very keen on. Haven't watched a La Liga match all season so no idea how good he is but a mate who has reckons he's good, nails too.

Oh and this was as well as Anderson, not instead of.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:17 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Never played football manager or whatever it's called.

I have only seen Hamsik play and he looked alright. The other lad is a Bilbao player who Utd and Liverpool are supposedly very keen on. Haven't watched a La Liga match all season so no idea how good he is but a mate who has reckons he's good, nails too.

Oh and this was as well as Anderson, not instead of.
The Spanish lad I've signed on FM, so i have heard of him before. Seen a couple of games with him in Spanish Football, seems a good player but always think there a risk (not alot of Spanish players have made it over here successfully)

Unread 21-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

anyone who argues that anyone who doesn't agree with them knows nothing about whatever the £#%&! it is they're on about knows £#%&! all about arguing

Unread 21-01-2009, 04:33 PM
MJ Ramone

I thought Anderson was excellent last night.
Typical that he should get injured

Unread 21-01-2009, 06:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Marek Hamsik
Javi Martínez

I've read a few times now that we've been watching Martinez throughout his time at Bilbao.

If we are looking for a creative midfielder, I wonder if we're keeping an eye on Yoann Gourcuff. He's been fantastic this season for Larry White at Bordeaux, especially recently. Still owned by Milan, but could be available over the summer. On a similar note, Hernanes of Sao Paulo could also be on the radar.

Unread 21-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I've read a few times now that we've been watching Martinez throughout his time at Bilbao.

If we are looking for a creative midfielder, I wonder if we're keeping an eye on Yoann Gourcuff. He's been fantastic this season for Larry White at Bordeaux, especially recently. Still owned by Milan, but could be available over the summer. On a similar note, Hernanes of Sao Paulo could also be on the radar.

Someone's been reading the Timesonline young players to watch out for.

Unread 21-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
On a similar note, Hernanes of Sao Paulo could also be on the radar.
Have you heard this somewhere, or is it just hopeful thinking?

Unread 21-01-2009, 06:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I honestly haven't.

Unread 21-01-2009, 06:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Mainly hopeful thinking. I heard a commentator during a game reel off a few clubs that could be interested in taking him and United was one, but that doesn't really mean anything. It's just that with him getting the Premio Craque do Brasileirao, I'd expect him to be on the radar of every club looking for a player of that type.

Unread 21-01-2009, 06:59 PM
marlo

Quote:
ask whalefish. he will know.

he goes to some park in south manchester every friday at midnight. sits on a bench. a man sits on the bench behind him and slides him a peice of paper with three new edition merlin football stickers on it and then leaves into the night. we are 'linked' to those players.

Unread 21-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Or The Times has been reading Fred.

Unread 21-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Mainly hopeful thinking. I heard a commentator during a game reel off a few clubs that could be interested in taking him and United was one, but that doesn't really mean anything. It's just that with him getting the Premio Craque do Brasileirao, I'd expect him to be on the radar of every club looking for a player of that type.
Ah. So you've been watching Sao Paulo. What do you think of him then?

Unread 21-01-2009, 07:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Stu the |Blue is a complete £#%&!wit...as his marks will testify every week

he gave Berbie a 6 for the Chelsea game nuff said

Anderson did well last night shame he got injured

Unread 21-01-2009, 07:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Just been reading it and the Times' list is appalling, by the way

Quote:
Ah. So you've been watching Sao Paulo. What do you think of him then?
I only really watched them in the last third of the season when they put the run together to overtake Gremio. I really liked their midfield. I can't remember the name of the player who played alongside Hernanes, but the commentators were saying they both came through the academy. Anyway, both very impressive. I wasn't setting out to watch him in particular, but he did stand out. It seems like quite a workman-like team they've got and he's very much the central part it.

Unread 21-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Whalefish

Sorry Marlo, as I said earlier and over the Summer I can't be arsed with it these days. I don't live in Manchester anymore either. Which is a pity. If I did, it wouldn't be a park. It'd be in the corner of Piccadilly Records and I'd ask the informer to wear a white rose and carry an old leather satchel.

I've got no idea who that Sao Paulo player is btw. Who he?

Unread 21-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Marek Hamsik
Javi Martínez

I mentioned Hamsik the other day, good player and scores from midfield which is something we need. Haven't seen much of Martinez but heard good things and that we've scouted him for a while.
Also Hernanes played at the Olympics with brazil right? he's pretty good.

O and Anderson was far from shit last night, Gibson looks scared to play.

Unread 21-01-2009, 09:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sorry Marlo, as I said earlier and over the Summer I can't be arsed with it these days. I don't live in Manchester anymore either. Which is a pity. If I did, it wouldn't be a park. It'd be in the corner of Piccadilly Records and I'd ask the informer to wear a white rose and carry an old leather satchel.

I've got no idea who that Sao Paulo player is btw. Who he?
I don't know how to link to specific posts, but Serenity posted a long video of him in the thread he linked earlier in the thread. Hernanes won the Brazilian Player of the Year award for 2008.
Closed Thread