United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Part 36 Offer

Default Arsenal v United - Player ratings

Quote:
Van der Sar: Never really tested by the Gunners who lacked fire-power and were out of the tie after 11 minutes. Could do nothing about the well-struck penalty. Having won the trophy with Ajax in 1995 and losing with them in the final the following year, the Dutch ace will be making his fourth appearance in the Champions League final in Rome. 7

O’Shea: United’s utility man proved once again to be Mr Reliable on the right-hand side of the defence. Nothing got past him all night. Then switched to the left after Evra was replaced by Rafael and continued normal service. However, won’t be happy at being nutmegged by Bendtner. 7

Vidic: Strong defensive header began the break for United’s third goal. Nasri and van Persie didn’t even have a hint of a chance all evening. 8

Ferdinand: It is difficult to believe less than a week ago he was leaving Old Trafford in an ambulance after coughing up blood following the first leg. A rock at the back as always. 8

Evra: Must have been difficult knowing a booking would rule him out of the final, but he never held back in a challenge and Walcott barely had a sniff. In the end the Arsenal youngster was taken off, quickly followed by Evra. 7

Fletcher: Referee made a complete howler, Fletcher got the ball. What an injustice he won’t be playing in the final and why is there no right to appeal? One minute he was the furthest forward United player chasing a lost cause in the Arsenal box, the next he was back in his own third dispossessing a Gunner. Ran his socks off for the cause and deserved better. 8

Carrick: Anchored the midfield trio and snuffed out the threat of Arsenal’s dangerman Fabregas. Will have an even more important role to play in final now Fletcher is out but will be up for the challenge. 7

Anderson: Lovely through ball to set Ronaldo off in the build-up to the first goal but after that was probably the least effective of the midfield three. Was replaced by Giggs after an hour. 7

Park: A surprise selection ahead of Tevez and Berbatov, but repaid Sir Alex Ferguson’s faith in him within the first eight minutes with a coolly-taken opener. Played a major part in the killer third goal with a lovely ball to Rooney. 7

Ronaldo: Great run and intelligent pull back for the first goal, added to his ever-increasing collection of wonder free-kicks, this one from 40 yards, to knock the stuffing out of the Gunners and then topped it off with the third for his 25th strike in what some have said has been a disappointing season for the world player of the year! Fizzed a late free-kick over the crossbar. 9

Rooney: Despite feeling under the weather and knowing he was a booking away from missing the final, it didn’t stop him playing his normal tenacious game. Looked a threat going forward, and tirelessly worked back to help Evra look after Walcott. Forced a great first-half save from Almunia, and pulled the ball back beautifully for Ronaldo to slot home the third. 8

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....atings?rss=yes

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:48 AM
dunk

Pretty much spot on that, tbf.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
you missed one.

Quote:
Berbatov (Rooney, 65): Won’t be happy not starting - 5

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you missed one.

You're supposed to be a United fan, why do you have so much bitterness running through your body

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Withers

Thought Park and maybe O'Shea deserved a little higher.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
You're supposed to be a United fan, why do you have so much bitterness running through your body
Good question.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Withers

Quote:
Should be chucked in the badger pit for 24 hours.

He's doing his best to put a dampener on the mood.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
im not bitter.

im over the moon united won yesterday.

im warming to park tbh. saw a glimpse of very good technique when he pushed the ball forward in our 3rd goal.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
im not bitter.

im over the moon united won yesterday.

im warming to park tbh. saw a glimpse of very good technique when he pushed the ball forward in our 3rd goal.
£#%&! me, thanks Rinus Michels

i'm sure parkingtons will sleep easy knowing he has finally won you over

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:15 PM
armchair

Quote:
imo it's because he watches the games with arsenal fans.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:23 PM
dodger

Quote:

Wise after the event. What a surprise.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:23 PM
eddie_red

Quote:
you missed one.
He missed more than one. I wonder why you chose that one?

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Wise after the event. What a surprise.
yep. crazy of me to want to see a spade before calling it one.

edit - sorry to say this but you complain to armchair about ignoring me , armchair grants you the option of it, you thank him yet dont ignore me.
its like getting out a restraining order then playing 'knock down ginger' at the persons house who you got the order against

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_red
He missed more than one. I wonder why you chose that one?
his avatar .

anyway no bickering today. we are going to rome.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
armchair

'He (Park) is one of most underrated players in the game. We gave him a two-week rest after his sojourn to Korea. He came back really tired.

I think it was the best thing we did because when I brought him back into the team on Saturday you saw the results of that freshness.
'He never stopped running. His movement and his understanding of space is really, really good. I think you saw a maturity of performance. We were not overcome by Arsenal's start to the game when they were so aggressive and so attacking. The ball was moving. The crowd was going and we still tried to play football. When we transferred the ball to Ronaldo it was a big problem for them. Ronaldo was the difference but if you watch the game and see the movement of Park and the running of (Darren) Fletcher you might say 'Who were the star men?' It is very difficult.'

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM
dodger

Quote:
yep. crazy of me to want to see a spade before calling it one.
I think you're mixing your metaphors. Regardles of that, you gave your opinion of Park on many occasions, at least have the courage of your convictions.
What are you saying now? You hadn't seen enough of him? Dick.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think you're mixing your metaphors. Regardles of that, you gave your opinion of Park on many occasions, at least have the courage of your convictions.
What are you saying now? You hadn't seen enough of him? Dick.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=46

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:30 PM
dodger

Quote:
I'm enjoying watching you back track on your bullshit opinions thanks.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
playing 'knock down ginger' at the persons house who you got the order against

Lets not bring Rossi the Red into this

sullers

Parkers was an 8 or 9. Otherwise spot on.
Closed Thread