United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:14 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve got visions of Osimhen going for £150m in the summer tbh. Napoli likely champions and with a good chance of going deep in the CL, unless Napoli are sanctioned I can’t see them letting him go. Chelsea may pay something ridiculous to get him though. Offer Lukaku in part-ex maybe.

Kane for £40-60m would be a very decent alternative.

Still need another 2-3 players, at least. Dropping £100+m on one probably isn’t wise at this stage.

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:15 PM
Baron

Quote:
I’ve got visions of Osimhen going for £150m in the summer tbh. Napoli likely champions and with a good chance of going deep in the CL, unless Napoli are sanctioned I can’t see them letting him go. Chelsea may pay something ridiculous to get him though. Offer Lukaku in part-ex maybe.

Kane for £40-60m would be a very decent alternative.

Still need another 2-3 players, at least. Dropping £100+m on one probably isn’t wise at this stage.
Yeah his transfer from Lille is being investigated, dodgy as £#%&! - it's just a bit of a ballache getting anyone from Italy isn't it with their financial nonsense.

Kane can play for 4 years at this level no problem, Shearer had shockingly bad injuries in comparison and was still playing at 35 - sports science has moved on, I bet Kane has his own physio / Dr on the payroll these days to keep him on a tailored program the way Zlatan did & he's still running off ACL injuries at 40+

I can't see Kane choosing Chelsea over Utd, their circus is undoubtedly just getting started. Ours, with any luck & ETH at the helm, is just steadying and on the up & up. I imagine their fans would begrudgingly accept him leaving for us, but not Chelsea & having a bit of a quiet life looks like it appeals to the fat tongue simpleton.

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
30, last year of his contract, new manager in all likelihood, if he demands out and wants United and we have new, competent negotiators, you never know. They owe him too..

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:41 PM
suedeshoes

Kane is a wonderful footballer. Much more than a goalscorer. Best forward in the league. We'd win it with him. I'd love it if he played for United.

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:42 PM
Coracao

Suspect we'd still end up paying around £70m for Kane, even with a year left.

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This. That’ll be levy’s cut price.

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:44 PM
dunk

What did Barca allegedly pay for Lewandowski in the end? That's got to be a decent yardstick/starting point.

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:52 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
That's peanuts for his quality. Get rid of Martial, Elanga, Diallo, Hannibal, Shortire, Fernandez, Pellistri (and I assume that the rapist will go) and Kane would cost nothing.

Unread 10-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Baron

Quote:
What did Barca allegedly pay for Lewandowski in the end? That's got to be a decent yardstick/starting point.
€50m, Mane went for €40m - all around the same age bracket. I imagine if Utd can stump that up in a single payment it would be what makes it happen. Any of that drip feeding over his contract shite & they'll get the hump.

Need to go in, slap it down & have Kane on the hook to demand it - a la Real Madrid when they did their best business. One year left, take it or leave it & move on.

Unread 10-03-2023, 06:16 PM
Coracao

I don't think the transfers of Mane and Lewandowski to external leagues really have a big bearing on the transfer of the England captain between Spurs and Utd. Levy will be looking at Utd buying a 30 year old (Casemiro) for £60m+, regardless of how many years Casemiro had left.

Selling Kane pretty much removes their chance of CL qualification (arguably European qualification full stop) and will likely result in a loss of revenue elsewhere - league position, sponsors, additional tv money etc.

I think Kane for around £40m is fanciful to say the least They'd just let him see his contract out than sell for that.

Unread 10-03-2023, 06:20 PM
Baron

Quote:
I don't think the transfers of Mane and Lewandowski to external leagues really have a big bearing on the transfer of the England captain between Spurs and Utd. Levy will be looking at Utd buying a 30 year old (Casemiro) for £60m+, regardless of how many years Casemiro had left.

Selling Kane pretty much removes their chance of CL qualification (arguably European qualification full stop) and will likely result in a loss of revenue elsewhere - league position, sponsors, additional tv money etc.

I think Kane for around £40m is fanciful to say the least They'd just let him see his contract out than sell for that.
Wouldn’t disagree, Dunk had a range & he’s mad about fees being ‘reasonable’ but still tipped out at £60m which would be a result tbh. Wonder if we could offload Martial to them in part-ex to sweeten it.

Unread 10-03-2023, 06:25 PM
dunk

I’m not mad so much about fees being reasonable as feasible.

Unread 10-03-2023, 07:31 PM
AK14

We should be going all out for Osimhen.

Unread 10-03-2023, 08:14 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah and if not him Goncalo Ramos who might not be as physical as Osimhen but is an excellent finisher, and who've we spoken to previously through intermediaries apparently.

Agree with others that Kane for anything like £40m is fantasy talk.

Unread 10-03-2023, 08:20 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This.

£100m + get it done.

Unread 10-03-2023, 08:34 PM
Travis Bickle

Kane would transform us. Pay what it takes

Other weaknesses in our squad need to be addressed, obviously, but for me this is the most important one.

Unread 10-03-2023, 08:55 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Yeah his transfer from Lille is being investigated, dodgy as £#%&! - it's just a bit of a ballache getting anyone from Italy isn't it with their financial nonsense.

Kane can play for 4 years at this level no problem, Shearer had shockingly bad injuries in comparison and was still playing at 35 - sports science has moved on, I bet Kane has his own physio / Dr on the payroll these days to keep him on a tailored program the way Zlatan did & he's still running off ACL injuries at 40+

I can't see Kane choosing Chelsea over Utd, their circus is undoubtedly just getting started. Ours, with any luck & ETH at the helm, is just steadying and on the up & up. I imagine their fans would begrudgingly accept him leaving for us, but not Chelsea & having a bit of a quiet life looks like it appeals to the fat tongue simpleton.
https://www.getfootballnewsitaly.com...mhen-transfer/

Unread 10-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Stickman

I’d be all over Kane, his first season with us would be off the charts.

He will still cost about 85m imo. Levy is twisted.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:21 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’d be all over Kane, his first season with us would be off the charts.

He will still cost about 85m imo. Levy is twisted.
More like it. Reality.

Unread 12-03-2023, 11:30 AM
Dr Stranger

Most expensive British player ever? Pfft, need to get Dunk on the case here.
Closed Thread