United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2019, 07:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
And that's why people like him, even if he is insufferable in so many ways.

Unread 21-11-2019, 07:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And that's why people like him, even if he is insufferable in so many ways.
The press know he's good for business. I don't think they've liked him for a long while.

Same goes for general football fans. He's not liked, but a lot more people will watch Spurs on Saturday now.

Unread 21-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Sparky***

Wish the boss all the best.

He’ll be a success there.

Unread 21-11-2019, 10:06 PM
dunk

The man is a @#%&!, liked by @#%&!s who aspire to be as @#%&!ish as he is.

Unread 22-11-2019, 05:41 PM
S/Side.Red

If I were a Tottenham fan I'd be quietly optimistic about the way he's speaking. Saying his self-analysis over the last 11 months has been on the basis of blaming nobody else; says he won't make the same mistakes; growth from the personal point of view etc.

Imagine Spurs get the old Mourinho

Unread 22-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If I were a Tottenham fan I'd be quietly optimistic about the way he's speaking. Saying his self-analysis over the last 11 months has been on the basis of blaming nobody else; says he won't make the same mistakes; growth from the personal point of view etc.

Imagine Spurs get the old Mourinho
Rewatch his press conference for us though, he basically came out with a load of %@#$&!s and reverted to type. I am pretty confident the same will happen again and im quite looking forward to it. The tiff with Levy, rubbing certain players up the wrong way, saving his own back, and on a limited budget. It should be good.

On the flip side, he may pull something off in the next 2 years more impressive than a Europa League before it crashes and burns

Unread 22-11-2019, 07:03 PM
doudou

8 mill a year after tax he's on apparently, less than what financial genius Woody was paying him

Unread 22-11-2019, 07:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Must be great to be a spurs fan right now.

Unread 22-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Rewatch his press conference for us though, he basically came out with a load of %@#$&!s and reverted to type. I am pretty confident the same will happen again and im quite looking forward to it. The tiff with Levy, rubbing certain players up the wrong way, saving his own back, and on a limited budget. It should be good.

On the flip side, he may pull something off in the next 2 years more impressive than a Europa League before it crashes and burns
This, he'll fall out with someone I reckon. Be it players or the board. Give it a couple of years and someone will wind him up enough for him to crack. He'll boil some piss on the sidelines and turn reasonable fans and the press on him, he'll start acting out and it will all go to shit.

Reckon he'll get them some silverware in the meantime though. Swings and roundabouts.

Unread 22-11-2019, 07:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
8 mill a year after tax he's on apparently, less than what financial genius Woody was paying him
He wasn't clearly a busted flush and a poisonous influence when United hired him. Well, he was, but a lot hadn't accepted it then.

Unread 22-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He wasn't clearly a busted flush and a poisonous influence when United hired him. Well, he was, but a lot hadn't accepted it then.
Do you think all the bullshit he put Real Madrid, Chelsea, and ourselves through, with Spurs potentially next , was worth the silverware he won ?. It would be interesting what Chelsea and Real Madrid fans think, but for us, for me, I am not sure it was. Maybe thats because of our past success.

And do you think fans almost put his past success before him now, or its too early to say that.
For instance, when Real Madrid got rid of him was probably when he started to lose that aura of invincibility ? That was 6 years ago now. He had us fooled didnt he ? Why did we expect him to play great football, why did we think it was a long term thing, that he'd retain faith in youth etc Are Spurs doing the exact same thing we did ? Why ? We hoped he'd sort us out ? Spurs are hoping he'll win them the league ? But is that hope slowly being based on not a great deal...

Unread 22-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Do you think all the bullshit he put Real Madrid, Chelsea, and ourselves through, with Spurs potentially next , was worth the silverware he won ?. It would be interesting what Chelsea and Real Madrid fans think, but for us, for me, I am not sure it was. Maybe thats because of our past success.

And do you think fans almost put his past success before him now, or its too early to say that.
For instance, when Real Madrid got rid of him was probably when he started to lose that aura of invincibility ? That was 6 years ago now. He had us fooled didnt he ? Why did we expect him to play great football, why did we think it was a long term thing, that he'd retain faith in youth etc Are Spurs doing the exact same thing we did ? Why ? We hoped he'd sort us out ? Spurs are hoping he'll win them the league ? But is that hope slowly being based on not a great deal...
He's taking over a far superior spurs team to the one he took over at United.

let's just worry about our own shit show. Our manager currently has racked up less points in the last 6 months than Pochettino

Unread 22-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Ethers

Yes, there’s definitely not enough moaning about our own shitshow on here tbf

Unread 22-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes, there’s definitely not enough moaning about our own shitshow on here tbf
Have a moan Ethers. List your top 5

Unread 22-11-2019, 08:21 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's taking over a far superior spurs team to the one he took over at United.

let's just worry about our own shit show. Our manager currently has racked up less points in the last 6 months than Pochettino
Six months ago today was 22nd May 2019

Since then Spurs have gained 14 points. Manchester United have gained 16 points.

Unread 22-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Six months ago today was 22nd May 2019

Since then Spurs have gained 14 points. Manchester United have gained 16 points.
Apologies, the stat i was trying to recall was over the last 24 games

Ole has 24 points in the last 24 games
Poch had 25

Unread 22-11-2019, 11:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I actually said after that first presser at United that he hadn’t changed. To me he stank of same old Mou. One of the first things he did was start digging out LvG, which was bizarre for many reasons. Then went on about how it was a sad club. Basically everything self-serving and framing himself as the hero.

At Spurs the first thing he did and continues to do is applaud Poch. Whether he’ll prove to be different is another matter, but his demeanour is certainly more placid and cautious.

Unread 22-11-2019, 11:39 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I actually said after that first presser at United that he hadn’t changed. To me he stank of same old Mou. One of the first things he did was start digging out LvG, which was bizarre for many reasons. Then went on about how it was a sad club. Basically everything self-serving and framing himself as the hero.

At Spurs the first thing he did and continues to do is applaud Poch. Whether he’ll prove to be different is another matter, but his demeanour is certainly more placid and cautious.
Maybe because he knows the Spurs fans loved Poch and for fifteen years hated him. It's a win-win to praise the work of his predecessor and try to appeal to the fans who won't overnight revise their take on him. He has to win them over.

I give him eighteen months. Like at Chelsea and here I expect him to blow up. Because not only does Levy count every penny on transfers he does all he can to cut costs on contracts. I am pretty sure he's not going to suddenly throw money around on new, big signings and sign up Eriksen, Alderweireld, and all the others who will expect a big upgrade on salary.

Unread 22-11-2019, 11:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Maybe because he knows the Spurs fans loved Poch and for fifteen years hated him. It's a win-win to praise the work of his predecessor and try to appeal to the fans who won't overnight revise their take on him. He has to win them over.

I give him eighteen months. Like at Chelsea and here I expect him to blow up. Because not only does Levy count every penny on transfers he does all he can to cut costs on contracts. I am pretty sure he's not going to suddenly throw money around on new, big signings and sign up Eriksen, Alderweireld, and all the others who will expect a big upgrade on salary.
We'll see. I doubt it'll take too long to get an idea if it's going to be any different this time.

He'll love the idea this is a fairly modest squad, as it seems from the outside. Don't appear many big egos there; their best players seem the ultra professional types. I suspect combined with the underdog role of the club, he feels he can build that Inter/Chelsea vibe.

Unread 29-11-2019, 01:07 PM
NedKelly

If Mourinho does end up being a success at Tottenham, would people finally give Ole a bit of breathing room? It would essentially confirm that Mourinho, despite what you think of his style of football, had never “lost it” and that the issues really do lie with the the people at the top. It would also cast doubt on anyone being able to do much better with the squad we have.

Just curious to know, as some people seem to almost want him to succeed there, whilst writing off OGS.
Closed Thread