United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Sparky***

Default That wasn't even a contest.

I know City have battered us a few times in the last few years (even before the oil money) But if ever a game illustrated the gap between the respective sides, that was it. At least in the 6-1 game we had the excuse of being down to 10 men and switching off for the last 5 mins.

But that today? That wasn't even a contest.

At no stage where we ever in that game or allowed to be in that game. They took their foot off the gas a bit but as soon as there was even a sniff of us getting back in to it, they adjusted and then swatted us down like an annoying dog snapping at their heels. A 40 pass move before a completely un marked City player cooly slotted home was pretty much the perfect summation of what was a completely and totally one-sided game.

The gap in quality is stark and that there reminded me of what we used to do to them in the mid 90s when they had a bunch of cloggers and journeymen playing for them. 1 shot on target, and that was a penalty. 30% of the ball most of which was just recycled between our defenders and midfield. It was like watching a league 1 team playing away in the FA cup, hoping for a 0-0 draw and a replay.

That's how far we've sunk. The manager needs to go and so do most of the players. There is serious change needed at this club and it needs to start with the £#%&!ing mindset and attitude going into games like that.

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:46 PM
utd99

We’ve made such a pigs ear of things it’s hard to know where to even begin putting it right. Is it the manager; half the squad; the chairman? Who the £#%&! even knows?

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We’ve made such a pigs ear of things it’s hard to know where to even begin putting it right. Is it the manager; half the squad; the chairman? Who the £#%&! even knows?
The owners.

It all starts with the owners. As so often with football clubs who are ailing.

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The owners.

It all starts with the owners. As so often with football clubs who are ailing.
Yeah ok, great. So let’s start with the very thing we have no control over...

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:49 PM
ScarFace

We just needed more setpieces handed to us on a plate and we'd have done whats kept him in a job since September.

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:49 PM
waynes ear's

Yes we are well aware of that. You remind us after every loss

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:50 PM
ziggyman17

Chris Smalling has took part in over 300 games for Man Utd...... Just let that settle in, that tells you all you need to know about the 2 clubs, the roles of the 2 clubs have completly changed in the last 10 years, before then we would laugh at them now the shoe is on the other foot.......

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah ok, great. So let’s start with the very thing we have no control over...
Doesn't make it any less true though

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Yes we are well aware of that. You remind us after every loss
Go watch broom broom cars, #@&%!

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Go watch broom broom cars, #@&%!

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Doesn't make it any less true though
Who cares? We have no control over who owns the club just like we have no control over refs calls, City cheating or sunspot activity, so why obsess over it?

Managers we can fire, players we can bin off, chairman can be replaced, scouting and football structures can be reorganised. I just don’t know if we need to do just some or all of that. It’s a £#%&!ing mess.

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:59 PM
armchair

i'd keep the manager and give him money to spend.

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Chris Smalling has took part in over 300 games for Man Utd...... Just let that settle in, that tells you all you need to know about the 2 clubs, the roles of the 2 clubs have completly changed in the last 10 years, before then we would laugh at them now the shoe is on the other foot.......
Can you imagine him playing that many times for the clubs United used to measure itself against? I’ve no words left about it really, so I always end up repeating how hard it is to believe my eyes seeing this Fulham-level £#%&!ing nobody still at the heart of United’s defence.

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Boom.

We've just beaten Juventus away. Should have won at Chelsea. Beat Bournemouth away. 'League two side. Midtable fodder'.

All with little backing from the board.

City are a better side, playing at home, after a home game in Europe. Our best player was injured.

Utter crybaby bullshit from the usual suspects.

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Boom.

We've just beaten Juventus away. Should have won at Chelsea. Beat Bournemouth away.

With little backing from the board.

City are a better side, playing at home, after an home game in Europe. Our best player was injured.

Though that statement is pretty revealing in itself.......

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Boom.

We've just beaten Juventus away. Should have won at Chelsea. Beat Bournemouth away. 'League two side. Midtable fodder'.

All with little backing from the board.

City are a better side, playing at home, after an home game in Europe. Our best player was injured.

there are none so blind..

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Then I would question your sanity.

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
there are none so blind..
Finish your sentence, I £#%&!ing dare you.

Sparky***

Quote:
Finish your sentence, I £#%&!ing dare you.
As that stupid @#%&! Cream

puressence

There’s a match thread for this ?????
Closed Thread