United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2018, 07:58 AM
andyroo

Yes with his superb mobility, dominant aerial presence and inscrutable calm, he'll be a raging success. Nice one.

Unread 25-10-2018, 08:21 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yes with his superb mobility, dominant aerial presence and inscrutable calm, he'll be a raging success. Nice one.
Point taken. I retract my statement your honour.

Unread 25-10-2018, 03:53 PM
red in cumbria

He's another one who really didn't look that bad when we first bought him.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:00 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He's another one who really didn't look that bad when we first bought him.
He had a few years of not doing anything (inbetween some good ones), hence why Chelsea weren't that arsed letting him go.

He was a sensible signing (better than Dier) but for 12 months now he's really been poor and he's hidden behind the Pogba "debate" lets not forget his role in the Sevilla game, a few decent games now and then but overall he's turned out to be a disappointment and another I'm not sure will survive the new manager.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:04 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He had a few years of not doing anything (inbetween some good ones), hence why Chelsea weren't that arsed letting him go.

He was a sensible signing (better than Dier) but for 12 months now he's really been poor and he's hidden behind the Pogba "debate" lets not forget his role in the Sevilla game, a few decent games now and then but overall he's been a very disappointing signing and another I'm not sure will survive the new manager.
He was great during Mourinhos title winning season at Chelsea. He was shit the next season. We bought him season after. I'm sure I remember someone supposedly Itk on here talking about how matic was one of the players who got rid of mourinho at Chelsea, shows how much %@#$&!s get spouted.

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:24 PM
dunk

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Sparky***

Ah the dressing room with more leaks than the uss Indianapolis.

the minute we lose a game - they're out in force again

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Great innit

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:32 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

They're bang on it too.

Perreria had a bad 45 minutes and hasn't been seen since.

Matic has been £#%&!ing dreaful for a year now. Even some of the journos were picking up on it a year ago!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8051306.html

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
They're bang on it too.

Perreria had a bad 45 minutes and hasn't been seen since.

Matic has been £#%&!ing dreaful for a year now. Even some of the journos were picking up on it a year ago!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8051306.html
If the journos said so it must be true!

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:41 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
It is tho

We'd be better off with a well placed wheelie bin in midfeild

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:51 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Point is, this isn't a discussion recently but FIVE MINUTES into his time at United.

Players have every right to question why he's still not been dropped, especially when others have a bad game and dropped.

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Lok

Matic was good for the first month. Since then he's had the odd half decent game but more often than not he's shit.

Too slow, too ponderous, gets caught out of position and turns like the QE £#%&!ing 2. He gets an easy ride because he's playing with clowns but he's as bad as them. Creates nothing and gives very little protection to the back 4.

Can't believe it has taken so long for most to see it.

Unread 12-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
It is tho

We'd be better off with a well placed wheelie bin in midfeild
I don't disagree with that. I was never in favour of signing him in the first place.

Just don't put stock on "football journalists".

As far as Matic goes, he needs to be taken out of the team. Fred and/or Pereira need game time and are younger, more mobile (doesn't take much tbf) and got something to prove.

Both Brazilian too so hopefully see some joga bonito rather than this nonsense

Unread 12-11-2018, 10:01 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Matic was good for the first month. Since then he's had the odd half decent game but more often than not he's shit.

Too slow, too ponderous, gets caught out of position and turns like the QE £#%&!ing 2. He gets an easy ride because he's playing with clowns but he's as bad as them. Creates nothing and gives very little protection to the back 4.

Can't believe it has taken so long for most to see it.
Too many were busy pointing fingers at Pogba.

I've been calling it for £#%&!ing ages, he's a complete fraud.

Unread 12-11-2018, 10:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Matic, Herrera, Pogba

Best midfield in the country I think and will prove themselves to be.

Watch them eat Madrid alive if they dare to go with Isco in a three again.

Unread 12-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Tiberian

Matic has been abysmal defensively all season, provides very little protection for the back 4. The whole midfield is dreadful in that aspect of the game, but we have been so busy shitting on the CB's(not without cause) that the midfield failings have been ignored.

Matic was good for about 2-3 months and then has been gradually regressing every since. Perhaps if Mourinho would rotate him that form would have lasted a little longer but he has been a player in decline for nearly 3 years, hence Chelsea looking to move on from him. Limits how the team can play because if the game becomes stretched at all he can't get back. Add to that his unambitious passing and he is offering very little at the moment.

Unread 12-11-2018, 11:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Matic has been abysmal defensively all season, provides very little protection for the back 4. The whole midfield is dreadful in that aspect of the game, but we have been so busy shitting on the CB's(not without cause) that the midfield failings have been ignored.

Matic was good for about 2-3 months and then has been gradually regressing every since. Perhaps if Mourinho would rotate him that form would have lasted a little longer but he has been a player in decline for nearly 3 years, hence Chelsea looking to move on from him. Limits how the team can play because if the game becomes stretched at all he can't get back. Add to that his unambitious passing and he is offering very little at the moment.
I don’t blame Mourinho for buying some players for the here and now; Matic has just turned out to be mostly there and then. Another Mou win in the market.

Unread 12-11-2018, 11:21 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t blame Mourinho for buying some players for the here and now; Matic has just turned out to be mostly there and then. Another Mou win in the market.
If Mou got all the players he wanted we might be lining up with Alderweireld and Boateng at Cb, Willian and Perisic on the wings, with Matic/Fellaini and Sanchez in that mix as well. How much of a window would that allow before it would have to be ripped up and rebuilt anew(no doubt under a new manager after Mou had pissed off leaving us in the shit and at best scabbing a cup or 2, no chance that line up is winning the league)

Unread 12-11-2018, 11:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
If Mou got all the players he wanted we might be lining up with Alderweireld and Boateng at Cb, Willian and Perisic on the wings, with Matic/Fellaini and Sanchez in that mix as well. How much of a window would that allow before it would have to be ripped up and rebuilt anew(no doubt under a new manager after Mou had pissed off leaving us in the shit and at best scabbing a cup or 2, no chance that line up is winning the league)
Who knows? Would have been better than what we have now and the purpose of buying players is to improve on what you already have. That was Fergie’s plan for the first 4/5 years. He didn’t really gamble on youth until we were stable and challenging every year.
Closed Thread