United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Wish United showed half the effort and work rate that Dunk shows on here after a defeat
Apologies for caring. We can't all be apathetic.

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Wish United showed half the effort and work rate that Dunk shows on here after a defeat

He’s certainly a stalwart when we lose.

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Sparky***

He has to go. I'm man enough to admit it's not worked out, i was wrong and enough is enough.

I'm sorry but the odd scabbed result here and there isn't going to save him or his job. When the season is over we'll end up exactly where our performances deserve to be, which is nowhere near the top 4.

Did anyone on here honestly think the late, scabby victories over Bournemouth and Juventus were the start of a turning point rather than just United flattering to deceive again? Exactly. Nobody did. We've had the £#%&!ing hope beaten out of us and that yesterday was as stark an illustration of just how £#%&!ing bad we are at the moment as you're likely to see.

Derbies are supposed to be exciting, unpredictable. "form goes out the window" and all that. There was nothing even remotely unpredictable about what unfolded there in the Etihad on Sunday. It was at no stage even a contest , we'd simply turned up hoping to win rather than having any actual plan of how to win. There will be teams who've had a fraction spent on them compared to what we have over the last 3 years who will give City far stiffer challenges than that.

Their 3rd goal illustrated the emphatic differences between the two sides these days. A 40 odd pass move during which we made nothing more than token efforts to get the ball off them, culminating in Gundogan stood totally alone in the middle of our 6 yard box for the easiest goal of his life. No focus, no drive, no intensity and completely unwilling to match these sides for effort either. We are not only technically inferior but even worse we don't even work half as hard as them.

I am aware of our players' technical limitations but what i can't abide is surrender. Drab, miserable, spineless, fear-ridden submission. The whole mentality of the team is wrong and that comes from the manager. He sets the tone, the intensity and the drive. Years ago our players were terrified of under performing because they knew Fergie would be waiting for them in the changing room ready to tear strips off them. Now I don't think they care. Mourinho probably barely says a word and they all skulk off back home or make vacuous social media posts.

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:55 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He has to go. I'm man enough to admit it's not worked out, i was wrong and enough is enough.

I'm sorry but the odd scabbed result here and there isn't going to save him or his job. When the season is over we'll end up exactly where our performances deserve to be, which is nowhere near the top 4.

Did anyone on here honestly think the late, scabby victories over Bournemouth and Juventus were the start of a turning point rather than just United flattering to deceive again? Exactly. Nobody did. We've had the £#%&!ing hope beaten out of us and that yesterday was as stark an illustration of just how £#%&!ing bad we are at the moment as you're likely to see.

Derbies are supposed to be exciting, unpredictable. "form goes out the window" and all that. There was nothing even remotely unpredictable about what unfolded there in the Etihad on Sunday. It was at no stage even a contest , we'd simply turned up hoping to win rather than having any actual plan of how to win. There will be teams who've had a fraction spent on them compared to what we have over the last 3 years who will give City far stiffer challenges than that.

Their 3rd goal illustrated the emphatic differences between the two sides these days. A 40 odd pass move during which we made nothing more than token efforts to get the ball off them, culminating in Gundogan stood totally alone in the middle of our 6 yard box for the easiest goal of his life. No focus, no drive, no intensity and completely unwilling to match these sides for effort either. We are not only technically inferior but even worse we don't even work half as hard as them.

I am aware of our players' technical limitations but what i can't abide is surrender. Drab, miserable, spineless, fear-ridden submission. The whole mentality of the team is wrong and that comes from the manager. He sets the tone, the intensity and the drive. Years ago our players were terrified of under performing because they knew Fergie would be waiting for them in the changing room ready to tear strips off them. Now I don't think they care. Mourinho probably barely says a word and they all skulk off back home or make vacuous social media posts.

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Red Al

Quote:

Nailed it

When sparkys on form he's £#%&!ing on form

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:02 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The first thing i thought when i read that entirely justified but scathing assessment of the team that i support is 'cool'

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:03 PM
messhead

Was never pro-mourinho nor was I ever particularly anti-mourinho, always thought he deserved time (especially based on his achievements) and whilst I'm aware of this idea that mourinho has alway played boring negative football I remember his 1st Chelsea team being fantastic to watch and Real Madrid were definitely more entertaining under him than under Zidane, so I hoped maybe he could bring that here. He's just a bit of a relic now isn't he, talking about bringing fellaini on to cause trouble ffs. What makes fergie a one off and separates him from your wengers and mourinhos was his ability to adapt with the game, and Jose just seems so stubborn that I really don't think he will ever look to try something different. He has his methods, and he's been very successful with them, but it hasn't worked here because the game has moved on. We mock some of the quality in the premier league but the sad thing is each and every one of then (including those in the relegation zone) probably look more cohesive when in attack than we do. It's embarrassing and as others have said, the season is a write off anyway, so I'd rather just get the rebuild started now rather than sit through another 7 months of this shite,

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
The first thing i thought when i read that entirely justified but scathing assessment of the team that i support is 'cool'
The ‘’ was for the accuracy of the post.

Got a problem?

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Was never pro-mourinho nor was I ever particularly anti-mourinho, always thought he deserved time (especially based on his achievements) and whilst I'm aware of this idea that mourinho has alway played boring negative football I remember his 1st Chelsea team being fantastic to watch and Real Madrid were definitely more entertaining under him than under Zidane, so I hoped maybe he could bring that here. He's just a bit of a relic now isn't he, talking about bringing fellaini on to cause trouble ffs. What makes fergie a one off and separates him from your wengers and mourinhos was his ability to adapt with the game, and Jose just seems so stubborn that I really don't think he will ever look to try something different. He has his methods, and he's been very successful with them, but it hasn't worked here because the game has moved on. We mock some of the quality in the premier league but the sad thing is each and every one of then (including those in the relegation zone) probably look more cohesive when in attack than we do. It's embarrassing and as others have said, the season is a write off anyway, so I'd rather just get the rebuild started now rather than sit through another 7 months of this shite,
There will be no slow thoughtful rebuild while those @#%&!s from florida are still at the top and pulling the strings of that chinless @#%&! Woodward because they signed deals with sponsors that carry penalty clauses on two or more years out the CL.(or so I heard)
They will throw enough money at the problem to hit 3rd or 4th as winning either the PL or CL will cost more in investment than they will get in return.

They are not here for future glory they are just living off past glory.

We are the new Arsenal and will be untill they £#%&! off

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Some of his points certainly have merits - just getting rid of the manager won't solve it instantly as Moyes and Van Gaal proved. The hierachy is rotten. But it's Neville's unwillingness to adapt - if he had his way Moyes would still be in charge. If he had his way Wenger would be at Arsenal until the day he dies.
Eric Djemba-Djemba WEIGHED IN (as football journalists like to put it) the other day, saying that Giggs not Mourinho should be our manager.

Nice to know that his opinions are as shit as his football was

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:43 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Got a problem?

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Lol

Unread 12-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
stopped reading at scabby victory over Juventus

we are all £#%&!ing devastated by yesterday's spineless shit show but dear me have a £#%&!ing word with yourself...

er, no.

Unread 12-11-2018, 07:45 PM
ryanMUFC

Shit result..obvs.

We were outplayed by a better side. They’re a better side solely because they pay the price for better players.. not because of some tactical genius in the dugout.

Don’t buy into the stats or the media telling you that City gave us a master class like Juventus apparently gave us at Old Trafford (one goal would have changed that opinion like the 2 in Turin). Yesterday the players gave it a good go.. some underperformed.

Unread 12-11-2018, 07:54 PM
puressence

Hasn’t sparky started a thread it’s not good enough ???? Are we having a comp who can say the same thing in the most words

Unread 12-11-2018, 07:57 PM
ziggyman17

would like to see Bailly given another run.. Victor has come on since he has had a run in the side, maybe a sustained run with both of them playing together has to be better than Smalling, Jones and the like..........

Unread 12-11-2018, 08:13 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
he's been phoning it in for Spain too how do you explain that

but whatever the reason he has gone from the best keeper in the world the last three seasons to the Spanish Joe Hart

Unread 12-11-2018, 08:15 PM
utd99

Quote:

I agree, but my fear is that if we only bin the manager then all our shit @#%&!s get another clean slate, and on we go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

We were outplayed by a better side. They’re a better side solely because they pay the price for better players.. not because of some tactical genius in the dugout.
But surely we laughed when they paid 50m each for Stones, Sterling and Walker. City have very few players who would not be at Old Trafford if we weren’t seriously in for them. In fact now is probably the only moment in their history where players might choose them over us for footballing reasons.

Unread 12-11-2018, 08:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

But surely we laughed when they paid 50m each for Stones, Sterling and Walker. City have very few players who would not be at Old Trafford if we weren’t seriously in for them. In fact now is probably the only moment in their history where players might choose them over us for footballing reasons.
yep footballing reasons and the £300 k a week the @#%&!s are on...

Unread 12-11-2018, 08:34 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I agree, but my fear is that if we only bin the manager then all our shit @#%&!s get another clean slate, and on we go..

It’s not just the recent signings that have made them thus strong. We could have bought Silva and Aguero under Fergie. We haven’t stumped up the market price for a top defender since Ferdinand.