United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2018, 08:48 AM
TheFatGoth

Football United "bemused" by Neville Woodward criticism

Quote:
Manchester United officials were left ‘bemused’ by Gary Neville’s vocal criticism of Ed Woodward on Monday.

Woodward watched on from the stands as Manchester United were beaten 3-2 by Brighton on Sunday, seemingly sending the club into turmoil after just two Premier League games.

Cameras were fixed on Woodward at full-time, with the executive vice-chairman offering his best ‘disgruntled man’ face.

Neville blasted the struggling United chief on Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football, branding it a “show of dissent”.

“The CEO sat in his spot for two minutes after the game on Sunday in what I can only describe as something I don’t want to see the CEO of Manchester United do,” Neville said.

“At the end of the game, stand up, go and shake the opposition CEO’s hand, tell him well done and that you’ll see him later in the season, smile and be bigger than anything.

“All I could see was a show of frustration, or something that could also be interpreted as another show of dissent. At the moment there is definitely angst between the club and Jose.”

According to the Daily Mail, United officials were ‘bemused’ by the criticism.

A source told Mike Keegan that Woodward ‘remained in his seat until the queue for the exit had died down’, then ‘later congratulated his Brighton counterparts on their victory’.
How sensitive is Ed?

Unread 22-08-2018, 08:49 AM
waynes ear's

£#%&! him. And £#%&! the daily mail. Oh and Mike Keegan

Unread 22-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Didn't Neville want to give Moyes more time?

Unread 22-08-2018, 08:58 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Didn't Neville want to give Moyes more time?
Yes. Still brings it up now.

Unread 22-08-2018, 11:57 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Yes. Still brings it up now.
We played better football to be fair.

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:01 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We played better football to be fair.
revisionist bullshit

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:04 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
revisionist bullshit
Bit word for you, pal.

Someone nicked your login?

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Why are united responding to £#%&!ing everything in the press these days? We didn’t used to respond to anything. Unless it’s just the press printing utter shite as usual.

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Why are united responding to £#%&!ing everything in the press these days? We didn’t used to respond to anything. Unless it’s just the press printing utter shite as usual.
Because we are a shadow of the club we used to be, pal.

No dignity or class anymore.

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Bit word for you, pal.

Someone nicked your login?
Koppas going for the clapback only to incorrectly spell "Big"

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Koppas going for the clapback only to incorrectly spell "Big"

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Mr_Ed

He’s got his press people spinning furiously hasn’t he. The #@&%!.

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:23 PM
AK14

First time I’ve watched it and everything that is said is bang on tbf.

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Ethers

Contracts mean £#%&! all, I don’t understand why everyone keeps bring it up.

The idea that the board have to do everything Mourinho asks for purely because they gave him a new contract at the start of the year is bizarre. It’s a desperate argument.

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

The idea that the board have to do everything Mourinho asks for purely because they gave him a new contract at the start of the year is bizarre. It’s a desperate argument.
Not really yiu should give your manager the best tools to do the job.

If Mourinho bought Lindelof and Bailly then he’s proven to the board maybe he can’t be trusted with big sums.

If he didn’t buy the players then he should walk on principle

Unread 22-08-2018, 12:59 PM
AK14

Quote:

I think it’s more the fact that they’ve come out and told the press about not wanting to back their manager in the transfer market anymore a few months after renewing his contract. If that is the case then replace him?

It’s even more evidence that we don’t know what we’re doing on the football side of things and have no clear plan. Unless of course they’re hoping he’ll quit soon, but again just proves we’re poorly run on the football side

Neville nails it when he said we need a football structure in place. We’re desperate for it.

Unread 22-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

If Mourinho bought Lindelof and Bailly then he’s proven to the board maybe he can’t be trusted with big sums.

is anyone really suggesting jose didn't sign or want to sign lindelof and bailly?

Unread 22-08-2018, 01:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Is £30m a big sum?

In modern day English football I mean?

We’ve bought two up and coming centre halves for £60m when our rivals are spending all of that on one player.

Unread 22-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

They don't, but I think it was a show of faith at the time. It was largely unnecessary but I 'sent out a message' that they trusted him and a few months later the club is veto ing all his signings.

It's not that he should get everything he asks for as that very rarely happens anyway, but to deny him all of them because they don't fit a profile they believe in is undermining and shows a total lack of alignment of any vision between the two.

Unread 22-08-2018, 01:08 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
is anyone really suggesting jose didn't sign or want to sign lindelof and bailly?
Think it's fair to have an opinion that he may have wanted someone older and more expensive but the club said you can have the younger ones for a cheaper fee and he's taken them instead of getting nothing like happened this summer
Closed Thread