United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Default Ange Postecoglou

Had no idea this guy was Australian until about 2pm yesterday.

He’s getting a load of stick for this on Twitter. Apparently it’s negative body language and awkward….maybe a bit, but I’ll take that over @#%&!s like Arteta and Pep who make it all about them. Just seems like a fairly normal bloke making an announcement. Not a stanky leg dance in sight.

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:34 AM
Ethers

Why is Son doing the worlds slowest clap?

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:44 AM
Coracao

absolutely nothing wrong with it. He is talking to his team, not playing for the cameras or making some national public address

Probably complained about by a bunch of virgins who have never managed anyone in their life, but have seen some psychologist say that folding your arms is the end of the World.

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:47 AM
Stickman

Big Ange has grown on me.

The only awkward thing about that is the missed hug at the handshake. That aside, it’s just a chilled out speech

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
absolutely nothing wrong with it. He is talking to his team, not playing for the cameras or making some national public address

Probably complained about by a bunch of virgins who have never managed anyone in their life, but have seen some psychologist say that folding your arms is the end of the World.
Exactly. It was being discussed on another thread somewhere, but I absolutely cringe at some of these clips from Arsenal Dare To Dream or whatever the Ł#%&! it’s called. They’re such shallow, transparent ‘motivational’ talks.

It’s just a guy taking, but of course that’s weird to Twitter.

Unread 14-08-2023, 08:33 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Had no idea this guy was Australian until about 2pm yesterday.

He’s getting a load of stick for this on Twitter. Apparently it’s negative body language and awkward….maybe a bit, but I’ll take that over @#%&!s like Arteta and Pep who make it all about them. Just seems like a fairly normal bloke making an announcement. Not a stanky leg dance in sight.

https://twitter.com/stoolfootball/st...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
Guess it won't be too hard to work out who leaked that clip...

"Ok, who was sat behind Son..."

Unread 14-08-2023, 08:45 AM
History

If everytime you act like an excitable child when speaking to a group of adults, then it's means nothing.

Twitter would lose its mind of they found out the biggest pre match talk fergie would do was stand at the changing room door and shake people's hand as they walked out onto the pitch

Unread 14-08-2023, 09:33 AM
Whip Hubley

seems like an alright bloke tbh. not that that will help at spurs.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:02 AM
Baron

Aussie Ardiles is sound, if they can get a striker I actually think his approach will make them entertaining to watch and up where they’ve usually been. His biggest obstacle is Levy.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Aussie Ardiles is sound, if they can get a striker I actually think his approach will make them entertaining to watch and up where they’ve usually been. His biggest obstacle is Levy.

Stolen?

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:38 AM
andyroo

He's making me like Spurs a bit. The bastard.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:39 AM
wiganste

Should be an excellent game next Saturday.

I did notice Brentford rinsed their right back several times, I'm sure Rashford is licking his lips thinking about it

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:51 AM
redhegemony

hopefully a trend of decent ordinary managers rather than the @#%&!s who think it's all about them

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Stolen?
Yeah, I’m not witty enough to come up with that but I bloody love it

Unread 16-09-2023, 09:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Seems like a very likeable guy.

Refreshing change from the try-hard breed of modern managers.

Unread 16-09-2023, 06:26 PM
red in cumbria

Though it is pretty remarkable how they actually seem to be a better team without him.

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:20 AM
Weekend Hussler

Glazer's never interviewed him or he'd be would here.

Would take him to be fair.

He's top level.

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:22 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzLViaixGz1/

Glazer's never interviewed him or he'd be would here.

Would take him to be fair.

He's top level.

He's started well but, tbf, you can't use success at celtic as a barometer of how good a manager is

He'd have the same issue ETH is anyway; trying to communicate to a group of players who by and large believe they are bigger than the club and have all the power.

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:25 AM
suedeshoes

He's doing OK and is flavour of the month.

The type of thinking that suggests he's top level is why modern football has the attention span of a 5 year old.

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:25 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He's started well but, tbf, you can't use success at celtic as a barometer of how good a manager is

He'd have the same issue ETH is anyway; trying to communicate to a group of players who by and large believe they are bigger than the club and have all the power.
yeah winning a tin pot league with a much bigger budget than your competitors doesn't make you a world class manager.