rebelcountyred

Default Re: Eikrem

Gutted

Unread 17-12-2010, 12:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
my point is that not many (if any) of these fantastic reserve team players make it into the first team. whether they are good enough or not remains to be seen as we never seem to find out. it's been a cycle for almost twenty years now (10 on forums). New player emerges, months of speculation whether or not he'll get his chance in the first team, moves on to pastures new (usually mid table mediocrisy or lower (molde)), months of it turrns out he wasn't good enough anyway, (player scores for birmingham agaist sunderland after 20 starts with said club), days of "i knew he'd be great" repeat ad nauseum.
So, in other words, they are all shit and there is £#%&! all point in paying any attention to the young players at the club.

Unread 17-12-2010, 12:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So, in other words, they are all shit and there is £#%&! all point in paying any attention to the young players at the club.
what the £#%&! are you talking about?? all you seem to be doing now is twisting my words.

Unread 17-12-2010, 12:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
what the £#%&! are you talking about?? all you seem to be doing now is twisting my words.
Just reading between the lines. You are criticising people for having any hope with regards to young players coming through and are expecting all of them to be sold, fail or be shit, correct?

Unread 17-12-2010, 12:55 PM
believe

Quote:
Just reading between the lines. You are criticising people for having any hope with regards to young players coming through and are expecting all of them to be sold, fail or be shit, correct?
no. i'm saying that we shouldn't be so suprised when they move on. read my first post again.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
no. i'm saying that we shouldn't be so suprised when they move on. read my first post again.
In the case of the good 'uns such as Eikrem, we should be surprised.

If he weren't into the last 6 months of his deal, I doubt he'd be going.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:04 PM
believe

Quote:
In the case of the good 'uns such as Eikrem, we should be surprised.

If he weren't into the last 6 months of his deal, I doubt he'd be going.
or maybe he's not good enough. seems strange that he's not even got close to the first team despite our problems earlier on in the season. also if you want to get picky about a non point can you name more than one great prospect from the reserves that has gone on to anything better or even close to the standard at united?

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
or maybe he's not good enough. seems strange that he's not even got close to the first team despite our problems earlier on in the season. also if you want to get picky about a non point can you name more than one great prospect from the reserves that has gone on to anything better or even close to the standard at united?
He got on the bench once or twice. As has been mentioned, he's a bit lightweight and will probably take another year or two to properly fill out, which is probably why he wasn't sent out on loan.

Spector, Richardson, Shawcross, Ebanks Blake, Pique, Rossi and so on and so forth. Better timing and a bit more patience/luck and any one of them could still be at OT, not to mention the twins, Evans, Gibson () and then Welbeck and Cleverly, with many others to come.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:10 PM
believe

Quote:
He got on the bench once or twice. As has been mentioned, he's a bit lightweight and will probably take another year or two to properly fill out, which is probably why he wasn't sent out on loan.

Spector, Richardson, Shawcross, Ebanks Blake, Pique, Rossi and so on and so forth. Better timing and a bit more patience/luck and any one of them could still be at OT, not to mention the twins, Evans, Gibson () and then Welbeck and Cleverly, with many others to come.
you could have just said no

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Rhodzy

Probably have better players underneath him in his position.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
you could have just said no
No I couldn't.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:20 PM
believe

Quote:
No I couldn't.
so it's true that you're not actually reading what I post and making your own story up. thanks for clearing that up.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
so it's true that you're not actually reading what I post and making your own story up. thanks for clearing that up.
No. It's just true that you're wrong, but won't ever admit or accept it.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:24 PM
believe

Quote:
No. It's just true that you're wrong, but won't ever admit or accept it.
wrong about what? stop making things up? i asked you to name a player who came through the reserves who have gone on to better things. you replied with a list of players that are currently at wigan or sunderland, still at united or didn't even come through the reserves

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
wrong about what? stop making things up? i asked you to name a player who came through the reserves who have gone on to better things. you replied with a list of players that are currently at wigan or sunderland, still at united or didn't even come through the reserves
You didn't say better things. You said better or close.

Spector scored 2 against United the other week, for instance.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:27 PM
believe

Quote:

wum

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
wum
No, you're right, he didn't.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:29 PM
believe

Imagine Ole will have quite a bit of influence over the reserve team players. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or more follow.

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Imagine Ole will have quite a bit of influence over the reserve team players. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or more follow.
Not a bad move tbh, Amos was at Molde on loan last season, can see a few more going there on loans. Especially as they seem to be leaving to go on loan at younger ages than they used to.

Perhaps we can talk them into buying Diouf back

Unread 17-12-2010, 01:45 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

ffs

You've been 'dunked' believe. Happens to the best of us
Closed Thread