Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2010, 07:43 PM
plopborsky

Default Re: Hargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Partly - but it was hardly treated in the optimum way subsequently, either

Also, last season we were promised at regular intervals that Hargreaves was "about to return" to training/the reserves/the subs bench - only for nothing to actually happen. I would certainly like to know what the hell has been going on here

(oh and Blazini and others - we could probably add the way Saha was handled to the case for the prosecution)
your trying to say that every player should be treated the same it dont work that way. Players bodies are different. Look arsenal had loads of injuries most seasons is that the fault of the medical team?

fact is saha was a lazy @#%&! and did not have the heart for playing for united. Rio has on going back issue we all know those things dont just £#%&! off. Hargo looked ok then was been a £#%&!ing mess, again not much the medical staff could do other than treat them.

Unread 13-07-2010, 07:44 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Ruud did his cruciate. It's hardly the same, is it?
when we signed hargo the issues were not the same as what they are now

Unread 13-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Spiffy

We were assured that they could 'manage' the injury. They haven't.
We had no luck getting Saha fixed, it looks like Rio is going the same way. It's either training or medical staff or a coincidence.

What a pisser, what we don't need now is to be within 12 months of replacing Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov and now Hargreaves. If the Glazers don't splash the cash now, those @#%&!s who renewed will be watching a team struggling to live up to its own high standards.

Unread 13-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Jethro

Poor £#%&!ing sod, a truly likeable player if there ever was one. If he does retire it will be with memories of my best summer ever, THAT freekick and a bang on performances in the CL.

Unread 13-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's amazing that you can type with Joel's #@&%! in one hand and Bryan's in the other.

I was guessing you were doing it via speech-to-text but that'd be pretty hard to do with Malcolm hanging out of your mouth.
congratulations. you are 6.

Quote:
Tbf, if he's not been applying himself properly in training, whilst making a mint for doing £#%&! all, people are bound to get irked.

It's probably not even true, anyway.
but whether that's true or not is irrelevant. all footballers and football clubs have insurance against these types of situations. suggesting that United would even be in a position to somehow force Hargreaves to retire so that it pays out is laughable. Hargreaves might want to consider his chances of getting another club though, of course.

Unread 13-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Grimson

I would bet this kind of thing happens at almost every club, it's just that United and their players are more high-profile, and the ones we're most interested in. So it's natural to think there must be something 'wrong' with United's medical staff. If you just pick a club at random, you'll find a player or two on staff who has played very little for a year or more, usually because of chronic inflammation (tendonitis) which the body can do little to heal because of poor blood supply to tendons (hence the new popularity of platelet-rich therapy, or 'blood spinning'), or because as soon as the player returns to training, the inflammation returns.

Unread 13-07-2010, 08:17 PM
shadowplay

According to Dt#Guardian, he's heard it's not true - and that the club officials in America have also denied it.

Unread 13-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
According to Dt#Guardian, he's heard it's not true - and that the club officials in America have also denied it.
It seems this rumour is gathering pace.

Unread 13-07-2010, 08:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It seems this rumour is gathering pace.
All we need now is KFC'ers to say it's true

Unread 13-07-2010, 08:30 PM
dunk

Remi Moses
Jesper Blomqvist
Norman Whiteside
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

And so on and so forth...

It's just one of those (sad) things (I hope) rather than the fault of the medical staff.

Schmeichel and Pallister suffered with similar back issues to Rio too.

Unread 13-07-2010, 08:38 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Remi Moses
Jesper Blomqvist
Norman Whiteside
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

It's just one of those (sad) things (I hope) rather than the fault of the medical staff.

love dunk

Unread 13-07-2010, 08:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Remi Moses
Jesper Blomqvist
Norman Whiteside
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Then there's Andersons deformed arse.

Unread 13-07-2010, 08:42 PM
dunk

I forgot Paul Lake

Unread 13-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Unhappy Re: Hargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Poor £#%&!ing sod, a truly likeable player if there ever was one. If he does retire it will be with memories of my best summer ever, THAT freekick and a bang on performances in the CL.
This.

As far as I'm concerned we got our money back that season, he was an integral part of some very important games and like every other member of the first 11, i'm not sure we'd have done the double without him.

I don't really understand how anyone can have a go at hargreaves, though. No one really knows the details and it's clearly a complicated case - point in kind Steadman saying it was one of the worst cases he'd ever seen.

I can hardly imagine Hargreaves not wanting to put every effort in to get back to fitness, given the way he plays the game.

Unread 13-07-2010, 09:06 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: Hargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
This.

As far as I'm concerned we got our money back that season, he was an integral part of some very important games and like every other member of the first 11, i'm not sure we'd have done the double without him.

I don't really understand how anyone can have a go at hargreaves, though. No one really knows the details and it's clearly a complicated case - point in kind Steadman saying it was one of the worst cases he'd ever seen.

I can hardly imagine Hargreaves not wanting to put every effort in to get back to fitness, given the way he plays the game.
In a nutshell.

Unread 13-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Ruud did his cruciate. It's hardly the same, is it?
He had patellar tendinitis and if treated properly you will be in a much better place than having done your cruciate ffs.

If the injury was as reported it is nothing but a complete and utter £#%&! up by the medical staff.

Unread 13-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Tiberian

If he had stayed fit over the last 2 seasons I think he would have been the next Captain after Neville/Giggs and Rio. Terrible shame, an excellent player, good professional, very committed and likeable lad from everything I know about him.

I hate all the personal abuse that a player gets when afflicted by injury, as if they mean or want to be injured, it is sadly a part of the game, and Utd have suffered more that most with these long term injuries in recent years, Saha, Ole, Neville, go back a little further and you had the likes of May, Blomqvist, Johnsen all have long term problems.

I hope it is not true re Hargreaves. I doubt he can ever come back to his very best, a large part of his game was his pace and mobility around the pitch, 2 years out of the game and approaching 30, very hard to see him make a successful comeback at Utd level even if he can get fit.

Fletcher's progression in the last 2 years has meant that Utd have perhaps not missed Hargreaves as much as initially feared, but in the really big games he would have been a great option to have available.

After the Champions League win in Moscow Utd looked to have a hugely powerful midfield group developing, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson, covering all the options in a 3 with Fletcher, Scholes and Giggs as back up, questions over the first 3 and we may go into the new season with the second group as our most likely midfield options.

Unread 13-07-2010, 11:06 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
If he had stayed fit over the last 2 seasons I think he would have been the next Captain after Neville/Giggs and Rio. Terrible shame, an excellent player, good professional, very committed and likeable lad from everything I know about him.

I hate all the personal abuse that a player gets when afflicted by injury, as if they mean or want to be injured, it is sadly a part of the game, and Utd have suffered more that most with these long term injuries in recent years, Saha, Ole, Neville, go back a little further and you had the likes of May, Blomqvist, Johnsen all have long term problems.

I hope it is not true re Hargreaves. I doubt he can ever come back to his very best, a large part of his game was his pace and mobility around the pitch, 2 years out of the game and approaching 30, very hard to see him make a successful comeback at Utd level even if he can get fit.

Fletcher's progression in the last 2 years has meant that Utd have perhaps not missed Hargreaves as much as initially feared, but in the really big games he would have been a great option to have available.

After the Champions League win in Moscow Utd looked to have a hugely powerful midfield group developing, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson, covering all the options in a 3 with Fletcher, Scholes and Giggs as back up, questions over the first 3 and we may go into the new season with the second group as our most likely midfield options.
good post pal

Unread 13-07-2010, 11:22 PM
wonky no

is this official yet?

a £#%&!ing shame if it's true. the total midfielder in my opinion and i said at the time of signing him he would be the closest player to robson we have ever had.
he had more to his game than keane, ince, etc.

Unread 14-07-2010, 08:23 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: Hargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
he had more to his game than keane, ince, etc.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What a load of shite!!!!!!!!

Daftest post on here I have ever read. Well done.
Closed Thread