United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Fountz

Default Re: Hannover 96's Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I'd rather deal with anything other than dog turd but shitting the setee is original. Does your youngest have an intestinal complaint?
No my youngest (3) has been plagued by ENT and gland problems, ears in particular. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon. His hearing's badly affected aswell.

My middle Son, is fit as a butcher's dog, however over the last few weeks he's become constipated. He know's it's going to hurt when eventually he has to go, so he hangs onto it which just makes it worse. I believe he tried to do a sneaky trump and followed through. :shakehead:

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
No my youngest (3) has been plagued by ENT and gland problems, ears in particular. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon. His hearing's badly affected aswell.

My middle Son, is fit as a butcher's dog, however over the last few weeks he's become constipated. He know's it's going to hurt when eventually he has to go, so he hangs onto it which just makes it worse. I believe he tried to do a sneaky trump and followed through. :shakehead:

The technical term is 'sharting'

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Your on my list of the 20 or so good eggs on here Keith awell.

However, as for dodge, he know's his stuff when if comes to parenting and fish pie recipes.. we won't mention politics.

Incidentally Keith, you raise some good points re Suicide ( and depression ), and like yourself our extended family has had been through it aswell, however I have to agree with Duckworth ...one of the most attention seeking, stupid, futile and selfish things I've ever seen. The carnage it leaves behind ( she had two young daughters ) is heartbreaking.
Only joking re Dodge. Someone called him 'miserable' once and it tickled me.

No argument re the carnage/futility/selfishness etc. it's all of those things to those of us that can evaluate matters in the cold light of day. Many of those afflicted simply can't do that whilst suffering from depression - hence it's a slightly unfair assessment.

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
koppas

Whilst it must be very hard losing a kid and he obviously felt he couldn't go with his life, surely he could've done it another way than the way he did? Very selfish imo. The train driver is now probably gonna be driven to suicide 'cos of what he saw.

Unread 11-11-2009, 05:29 PM
dodger

Quote:
Sounds nasty for the lad and for you too no doubt. Hope it's sorted soon ( if it's not try knocking some BLOODY SENSE INTO HIM!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Only joking re Dodge. Someone called him 'miserable' once and it tickled me.
Whoever it was wasn't the first. I'm still lots of fun though.

Unread 11-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Obviously, but like Dodger said, losing a child is hardly a precise science and people put under intense pressure and stress will react in different ways.

People who suffer from depression do not, quite simply, react in ways that we would expect the vast majority to react. Self obsession is a big part of depression ie you have an inability to see beyond your own woes.

Jack's a little too quick and easy to judge here in my view.
Agreed.

Unread 11-11-2009, 06:21 PM
elhombre

Quote:

in no way am i laughing at your plight, but your description has had me in tears for the last five minutes.

Unread 11-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Fat Al

Reading on the BBC, he'd had depression for some years now & was petrified that their adopted kid would be taken away if the true extent of his depression was discovered.

Can't begin to imagine what was going on in his head, but he obviously saw himself in a lose-lose situation. He probably thought that it was better that his wife lost him because of his illness than his wife lose the kid because of his illness.

Horrible to even try to put yourself in his shoes.

Unread 11-11-2009, 07:16 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Agreed.
Agree with your agreement.

Unread 11-11-2009, 07:23 PM
koppas

I was under the impression he sat in his car at the crossing etc but turns out he got out and waited to be hit. Sweet jesus.

Unread 11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
Agree with your agreement.
Thirded.

Unread 11-11-2009, 09:59 PM
red @rmy

Respect to his missus coming out and giving an interview.

Can't go wrong with a German bird imo, tough as boots and sexy as £#%&!.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:58 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I was under the impression he sat in his car at the crossing etc but turns out he got out and waited to be hit. Sweet jesus.
laid down on the track apparently

i'd never heard of him before yesterday.

Unread 12-11-2010, 01:39 PM
redhegemony

Very moving programme on Radio 5 last night still on iPlayer, what a tragic story and makes you think about how powerful an illness depression is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ife_Too_Short/

Unread 12-11-2010, 01:44 PM
redhegemony

According to his agent Fergie was in for him and spoke to him but he chose Barcelona.

Unread 13-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Grimson

I've just finished Ronald Reng's book 'A Life Too Short - The Tragic Story of Robert Enke'. Terrible tragedy. Anyone who still thinks he was 'selfish' doesn't know a fraction of this story. He thought - in his own horribly sick mind - that the authorities would take away their adopted daughter if they found out how sick he was (and he was convinced they would find out). He wasn't trying to escape his pain - he was trying to prevent his wife losing another child. He was ill. He wasn't selfish. His brain didn't work right.

I would guess this is probably the case in a huge percentage of suicides. How come we don't blame people when they get bone cancer but we blame them when they get clinical depression? You can't think rationally and act logically when your brain is physically not working right.

Unread 13-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Stone Monkey

Is that the guy who committed suicide? Terrible shame that.

Unread 13-01-2012, 08:25 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I've just finished Ronald Reng's book 'A Life Too Short - The Tragic Story of Robert Enke'. Terrible tragedy. Anyone who still thinks he was 'selfish' doesn't know a fraction of this story. He thought - in his own horribly sick mind - that the authorities would take away their adopted daughter if they found out how sick he was (and he was convinced they would find out). He wasn't trying to escape his pain - he was trying to prevent his wife losing another child. He was ill. He wasn't selfish. His brain didn't work right.

I would guess this is probably the case in a huge percentage of suicides. How come we don't blame people when they get bone cancer but we blame them when they get clinical depression? You can't think rationally and act logically when your brain is physically not working right.
fazackerly. "selfish" doesn't even come in to it - it's an attempt to describe utter despair as a childish fit of pique.

Unread 13-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Fat Al

Quote:

I'd like to read that book but I don't think I could manage it to be honest.

Unread 13-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Jethro

Quote:

A truly tragic story. I got the book over Christmas but haven't given the time to sit down and read it.
Closed Thread