Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default Re: Hannover 96's Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Poor form Jack and Jablonski.
not really. i just think suicide is very selfish, especially as his wife has gone through the same thing and he has decided to jump in front of a train and heap more misery on her, instead of being there to support her. not to mention the train driver and the poor bastards who had to scrape him up.

poor form from the german, imo.

dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
damn those germans and their efficient and punctual trains. if he had been english, he'd probably still be waiting for the train to arrive.

seriously though, what a selfish bastard. i feel sorry for his poor wife losing her husband so soon after losing a child
Yes difficult one that. if I lost my daughter I would be on such a rampage of self medication and self destruction that it would be obvious to anyone what was going to happen so they'd have time to get out of the way. And certainly not adopt a child.
Different people react in different ways though, very difficult to be logical about it, you have a point though.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Poor form Jack and Jablonski.
Has teacher officially made you for(u)m monitor now?

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
MUFC One Love

Jack has a point tbh. His wife has gone through the same pain, now it's even worse for her 'cos her Husband has killed himself.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Sparky***

his pain is over now. What his poor wife and family must be going through is anyone's guess.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:28 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Jack has a point tbh. His wife has gone through the same pain, now it's even worse for her 'cos her Husband has killed himself.
Obviously, but like Dodger said, losing a child is hardly a precise science and people put under intense pressure and stress will react in different ways.

People who suffer from depression do not, quite simply, react in ways that we would expect the vast majority to react. Self obsession is a big part of depression ie you have an inability to see beyond your own woes.

Jack's a little too quick and easy to judge here in my view.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:28 PM
toseeunited

Just been on SSN confirmed he left a suicide note in his car.

Apparently the lad has been very ill (depression) for a long time and they've not recognised just how bad it actually was.

very sad.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Obviously, but like Dodger said, losing a child is hardly a precise science and people put under intense pressure and stress will react in different ways.

People who suffer from depression do not, quite simply, react in ways that we would expect the vast majority to react. Self obsession is a big part of depression ie you have an inability to see beyond your own woes.

I was just pointing out Jack has a point, it wasn't 'poor form' from Jack.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

you're probably right, keith. sadly, though, i've experienced what suicide can do to a family so my views are understandably clouded by that.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
My Name is Keith

Fair enough Jack. Not having a go as it's an understandable view point.

We've had two suicides in my extended family and my brother has had depression aswell so I've got a little bit of experience.

Thankfully, it doesn't run in the family as I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Yes difficult one that. if I lost my daughter I would be on such a rampage of self medication and self destruction that it would be obvious to anyone what was going to happen so they'd have time to get out of the way. And certainly not adopt a child.
Different people react in different ways though, very difficult to be logical about it, you have a point though.

Is it just the one kid you have dodge ?

You come over as a good Dad ( and a good egg in general ).. remember reading a couple of long threads where the main thrust was about being a Dad/Parent ...getting ready to add my twopenneth and found that you'd beaten me to it and summed things up far better than I could've done.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Fair enough Jack. Not having a go as it's an understandable view point.

We've had two suicides in my extended family and my brother has had depression aswell so I've got a little bit of experience.

Thankfully, it doesn't run in the family as I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

glad to hear it, my friend.

(the fact that you're happy, not the suicide bit)

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:50 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

You come over as a good Dad ( and a good egg in general ).. remember reading a couple of long threads where the main thrust was about being a Dad/Parent ...getting ready to add my twopenneth and found that you'd beaten me to it and summed things up far better than I could've done.
Yes just the one. If I had more than one then I would keep it to a serious six month bender, coupled with loss of house and job scenario, and pick up the pieces afterwards.

Thank you Fountz, I like to think I'm a good dad, kind and loving but firm...ish, and my daughter certainly likes me so far.
I was cleaning dog shit off her shoes at 8.55 this morning though so any complaints about my parenting would have been met with a less than kind and pehaps more than firm response.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up Re: Hannover 96's Keeper

Quote:
Yes just the one. If I had more than one then I would keep it to a serious six month bender, coupled with loss of house and job scenario, and pick up the pieces afterwards.

Thank you Fountz, I like to think I'm a good dad, kind and loving but firm...ish, and my daughter certainly likes me so far.
I was cleaning dog shit off her shoes at 8.55 this morning though so any complaints about my parenting would have been met with a less than kind and pehaps more than firm response.

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:58 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Duckworth has nailed this thread

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:02 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Stop choking on his #@&%! Fountz.

He's a miserable @#%&!.

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

He's a miserable @#%&!.
Thread takes a sharp turn.

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Fountz

Quote:

Yep.. cleaning shit and vomit up is one of the duties of being a Dad. My youngest has had loads of issues and during his bad periods our house can smell like a cross between a Geriatric Ward and a public baths the amount of disinfectant and bleach we've been through.

Wasn't counting on my middle Son shitting the settee last night though. Came into the horrendous acrid smell like burnt rubber.. realised he was missing.. he was upstairs trying to force out a bowling ball.. unfortunately the advance notice was left on the settee ( actually the cover, seeing as our settee's knackered )

It's a well practiced military operation.. I deal with child, Mrs F deals with clean up operation.

Ran him a warm bath, not only to clean him up but also to help his tummy. Fortunately it worked.

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:08 PM
dodger

Quote:
Yep.. cleaning shit and vomit up is one of the duties of being a Dad. My youngest has had loads of issues and during his bad periods our house can smell like a cross between a Geriatric Ward and a public baths the amount of disinfectant and bleach we've been through.

Wasn't counting on my middle Son shitting the settee last night though. Came into the horrendous acrid smell like burnt rubber.. realised he was missing.. he was upstairs trying to force out a bowling ball.. unfortunately the advance notice was left on the settee ( actually the cover, seeing as our settee's knackered )

It's a well practiced military operation.. I deal with child, Mrs F deals with clean up operation.

Ran him a warm bath, not only to clean him up but also to help his tummy. Fortunately it worked.
I'd rather deal with anything other than dog turd but shitting the setee is original. Does your youngest have an intestinal complaint?

Unread 11-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Fountz

Quote:

He's a miserable @#%&!.
You're on my list of the 20 or so good eggs on here Keith awell.

However, as for dodge, he know's his stuff when if comes to parenting and fish pie recipes.. we won't mention politics.

Incidentally Keith, you raise some good points re Suicide ( and depression ), and like yourself our extended family has had been through it aswell, however I have to agree with Duckworth ...one of the most attention seeking, stupid, futile and selfish things I've ever seen. The carnage it leaves behind ( she had two young daughters ) is heartbreaking.
Closed Thread