Originally Posted by Carrick
Not true.
My point exactly.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
My point exactly.

How can you compare that group of youngsters to the present situation?

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:32 PM
S/Side.Red

There must be an element of wum in this, surely?

Selling one of the best centre-havles in the world and replacing him with a 19-year-old rookie who has never even kicked a ball for us in the Premiership.

I don't believe this is serious.

Sell O'Shea, Silvestre, Richardson and Smith, and give Simpson, Evans, Gibson and Rossi their places in the squad.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
How can you compare that group of youngsters to the present situation?
I don't really understand your question? I am suggesting bringing ina superbly talented young player just as we did in the past?

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
There must be an element of wum in this, surely?

Selling one of the best centre-havles in the world and replacing him with a 19-year-old rookie who has never even kicked a ball for us in the Premiership.

Or selling one of the best centre mids in the world and replacing him with a 20 year old off-striker? Or selling a world class right winger and replacing him with a 20 year old midfielder? Madness.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I don't really understand your question? I am suggesting bringing ina superbly talented young player just as we did in the past?

Well, you are not as clever as you think.

'just as we did in the past'....when they were ready.

Think about it.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well, you are not as clever as you think.

'just as we did in the past'....when they were ready.

Think about it.
He'll be ready for next season. Again what is your point? Oh and never said I was "clever", so cut out the snideness.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Or selling one of the best centre mids in the world and replacing him with a 20 year old off-striker? Or selling a world class right winger and replacing him with a 20 year old midfielder? Madness.
Neither were world class.

But anyway, it's a different Premiership these days.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

But anyway, it's a different Premiership these days.
Really? Cos Kolo Toure seems to have just stepped in and played rather well for Arsenal at a very young age and Djourou too. It's the United way to give youth a chance and we should do this with Evans before we waste him.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Neither were world class.
They were as world class as Rio.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:54 PM
S/Side.Red

I think Toure was integrated, though, like all Arsenal youngsters. He wasn't just thrown in at the beginning of the season as first choice without having played previously. In fact, at one stage I remember him looking a bit of a weak link when he was being used as a versatile squad player. I think it was when Keown and Campbell were the first choice.

As for Ferdinand's comparison with the other two, Rio has excelled at levels the other two never did - in Champions League & World Cup.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Luffy

why break up the best defence in the league and one of the bigger personalities in the dressing room if its not broken?

There are many players we should ditch before we sell Rio.

Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I don't believe this is serious.

Sell O'Shea, Silvestre, Richardson and Smith, and give Simpson, Evans, Gibson and Rossi their places in the squad.
Gets my vote.

Ferdinand can play like he does for at least 5 more years. We had this discussion on here the other day about taking the cash and promoting Evans. Shouldn't happen; Evans will be pushing for a place, and sometimes playing in a 3 if we get a Hargreaves.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:

As for Ferdinand's comparison with the other two, Rio has excelled at levels the other two never did - in Champions League & World Cup.
I don't think Rio has got close to excelling in the Champions League, in fact at times he's been distinctly average. As for World Cups, he was undoubtedly superb in 2002 but got nowhere near that form in 06 nor for United since.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't think Rio has got close to excelling in the Champions League, in fact at times he's been distinctly average. As for World Cups, he was undoubtedly superb in 2002 but got nowhere near that form in 06 nor for United since.
Ferdinand was England's best defender in Germany, and United's defensive record in the CL in always is pretty good these days.

Unread 25-01-2007, 03:28 PM
puressence

ferdinand isnt world class ffs

Unread 25-01-2007, 03:29 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Ferdinand was England's best defender in Germany, and United's defensive record in the CL in always is pretty good these days.
nicky butt was englands best player in 2002

Unread 25-01-2007, 03:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ferdinand isnt world class ffs
How you can play centre back and be hopeless in the air but be considered world class I don't know. You'd have to be adaquate at least. Also tobe so lacking in leadership.

Unread 25-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Gets my vote.

Ferdinand can play like he does for at least 5 more years. We had this discussion on here the other day about taking the cash and promoting Evans. Shouldn't happen; Evans will be pushing for a place, and sometimes playing in a 3 if we get a Hargreaves.
No thank you. 4-4-2 please.
Closed Thread