United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-04-2023, 02:05 AM
iLoveScholesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well sort of - part of me still thinks shootouts don't really count
Sometimes i fully agree on this! Before the 6th penalty i was like ...Really? Villarreal again ffs? ...yeah, so glad we still there sniffin' around the trophy

Unread 24-04-2023, 04:12 AM
shenwen

Thought it was a good game. Lacked real quality but some good end to end football. Maguire can't get back in that team. Erik needs to drop the hammer on that @#%&!. The two CBs looked comfortable throughout. I initially thought Linders had mis-kicked, but was actually a very good pen.

I even though Weghorst did well when he came on. Pressed well and if I'm not mistaken he won more than one header

Hopefully by the final some of our players are back to full fitness and maybe a bonus like Varane being able to play.

Unread 24-04-2023, 07:22 AM
The taste of...

Christ, GMB newsreader just questioned whether Weggie was out of order for kissing the ball

How far does abuism stretch ffs

Unread 24-04-2023, 07:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Thought it was a good game. Lacked real quality but some good end to end football. Maguire can't get back in that team. Erik needs to drop the hammer on that @#%&!. The two CBs looked comfortable throughout. I initially thought Linders had mis-kicked, but was actually a very good pen.

I even though Weghorst did well when he came on. Pressed well and if I'm not mistaken he won more than one header

Hopefully by the final some of our players are back to full fitness and maybe a bonus like Varane being able to play.
Lindelof and Shaw were more suited to Brighton as they’re a little more ‘technical’.

Not that Maguire is any more suitable for anything else.

Most importantly, we were far less nervous with him not there. Not only is he shite, but he has such a bad influence on the rest of the backline.

We lose something with Shaw not at left back, but Dalot has deputised well enough there and AWB was very good at right back. Whole backline was good tbf.

Cas channelling his inner Dunk

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:02 AM
Hyman_Roth

Worth giving sanch a mention. Seems an obvious soft lad but stood up and BLASTED his pen. Was an obvious route to every united fan shrieking his head off if he £#%&!ed it so showed some proper balls imv.

Would love to see him come good.

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:03 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Lindelof and Shaw were more suited to Brighton as they’re a little more ‘technical’.

Most importantly, we were far less nervous with him not there. Not only is he shite, but he has such a bad influence on the rest of the backline.

We lose something with Shaw not at left back, but Dalot has deputised well enough there and AWB was very good at right back. Whole backline was good tbf.

https://twitter.com/jackyhenchman/st...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
That's genuinely me dancing at family do's.

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Worth giving sanch a mention. Seems an obvious soft lad but stood up and BLASTED his pen. Was an obvious route to every united fan shrieking his head off if he £#%&!ed it so showed some proper balls imv.

Him, Weggy, Dalot, Lindelof - all players I was worried about as they stepped up and they all had no issues.

Frankly, we were due to some moron blasting it over the bar. That Boro shootout we lost, I think we scored our first 5. The Villarreal one was 10 and that was 7. Not a single opposition in player had missed the target until Solly March yesterday. We’ve been on the wrong end of some tight ones where the takers have largely held up their end of the bargain.

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:24 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

This.

Underneath there is a man with sone character. Left the country to go to Dortmund as a teenager takes some cojones.

Not sure where he will fit in - he’s not zesty enough to be a United winger - but I also hope he comes good.

I think we have a lot of decent players - just need another 2 or 3 world class players and we will not be far off

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:37 AM
Hyman_Roth

Good thing Brighton had such an imposing keeper to impose himself as he watched 5 pens whistle past him.

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:37 AM
puressence

see every @#%&! is brighton were the better team honestly the desperation for pundits and the media and brighton players especially that @#%&! webster who should have been booked 4 times in staggering . Have an open top bus tour you @#%&!s

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:42 AM
Dr Stranger

Lovely pen, that.

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
stop doing match threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
This

Can a mod delete?
I’m doing the final

Unread 24-04-2023, 09:26 AM
dragflick

Should have booked today off work.

Unread 24-04-2023, 09:29 AM
Jethro

Seeing Erik lose his cool at the officiating spoke volumes. Absolutely rancid display.

Unread 24-04-2023, 09:58 AM
dunk

Quote:

https://twitter.com/jackyhenchman/st...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
Everybody knows he’s £#%&!ing useless, they’re just not allowed to say it.

‘Do something Dave, c’mon, anything.. ffs’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Seeing Erik lose his cool at the officiating spoke volumes. Absolutely rancid display.
It was horrendous, but in keeping with the rest of the season where we’re concerned. Something else we have to contend with in our attempts to get back to the top. Feels like absolutely £#%&! all has gone our way all season other than the Derby goal (worth it I suppose).

Unread 24-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Everybody knows he’s £#%&!ing useless, they’re just not allowed to say it.

‘Do something Dave, c’mon, anything.. ffs’

It was horrendous, but in keeping with the rest of the season where we’re concerned. Something else we have to contend with in our attempts to get back to the top. Feels like absolutely £#%&! all has gone our way all season other than the Derby goal (worth it I suppose).
Casemiro is looking like a marked man too. Ref was so quick to flash that card out, but clearly wanted to ‘keep his cards in his pocket’ elsewhere.

That one second half were the Brighton player (Webster?) hauled down Martial and stopped a clear counter was ridiculous. Just your standard cynical ‘take one for the team’ booking and he just gives a free kick.

Mitoma was very fortunate to not get a second yellow for the foul on De Gea too. Those always just get waved away as ‘he’s entitled to go for it’. Well yeah, any player is entitled to tackle if they want to. You’ve then got to get the ball.

Unread 24-04-2023, 10:25 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Casemiro is looking like a marked man too. Ref was so quick to flash that card out, but clearly wanted to ‘keep his cards in his pocket’ elsewhere.

That one second half were the Brighton player (Webster?) hauled down Martial and stopped a clear counter was ridiculous. Just your standard cynical ‘take one for the team’ booking and he just gives a free kick.

Mitoma was very fortunate to not get a second yellow for the foul on De Gea too. Those always just get waved away as ‘he’s entitled to go for it’. Well yeah, any player is entitled to tackle if they want to. You’ve then got to get the ball.
Casemeiro and Lindelof were both booked for their first foul. Didn't book a single Brighton player until the 92nd minute despite repeated offences ( one of their CB alone had about 5). The non booking for the foul on Martial stopping the counter was scandalous tbh.

Unread 24-04-2023, 10:25 AM
jem

there were two ridiculously late challenges on de gea. of course a striker has a right to go for the ball, but not after the keeper has it. mitoma's challenge was almost in the final.

Unread 24-04-2023, 10:33 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Agreed. But he won't.

Great pen though.

Unread 24-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there were two ridiculously late challenges on de gea. of course a striker has a right to go for the ball, but not after the keeper has it. mitoma's challenge was almost in the final.

Lineker would be proud of that one.