United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 30-04-2023, 01:07 AM
The taste of...

Big Jim loves United

He’s waited all his life for this opportunity
Except for the time he got out muscled when trying to buy the renters…..
…… by a bunch of clowns currently £#%&!ing it up

Meanwhile

Newcastle and the Divs are solidly rising to/ dominating the top respectively with ME money
SHOULD Qatar buy US you can bet your bottom petro dollar the EPL will suddenly choose to actually rigorously enforce FFP
But at least we will be on that level playing field to be regulated …… whereas with Jim’s balls we’ll be told we still have to find value as the club must sustain itself including past debts……. As the barcodes and Bert’s with an EPL token gesture ease past FFP

Jim wants you all distracted with whether a couple of impotent Glazers is good or bad still involved. The question for me is if we don’t get the Qataris on board will the EPL really get to grips with the Saudis and Abuh Dhabis

…oh yes and will they buy the Verm instead. It wouldn’t bother me if Ratcliffe did somehow and that’s a worry

Question for the forum accountants….. if the debt is moved into inios books is that classed as income for the club or just shifting it from one creditor to another with the club still liable?

Unread 30-04-2023, 05:33 AM
shenwen

I'm edging toward Qataris over the Jim Glazer deal. but that whole Nine Two Foundation is so transparent.

Unread 30-04-2023, 07:18 AM
puressence

If we had real fans who just basically refused to go in the ground for the last couple of homes games they would sell. It’s been done before. The protests since 1958 have been great , but those @#%&!s are still here and if Jim gets it still gonna be around. Has to be 100 of nothing.

Unread 30-04-2023, 09:12 AM
magic_cantona

Unread 30-04-2023, 09:20 AM
Ethers

“ Christian & Watford Fan”

He seems itk tbf

Unread 30-04-2023, 09:23 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

He seems itk tbf
He doesn't mention anything about the debt there but what is happening with it? Jim's not paying it off, is he? I'm sure he'd said somewhere he'd just 'move it', or have I imagined that

Unread 30-04-2023, 09:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

He seems itk tbf
Backed by God and the ghost of Graham Taylor. Good enough for me 👍

Unread 30-04-2023, 09:50 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
He doesn't mention anything about the debt there but what is happening with it? Jim's not paying it off, is he? I'm sure he'd said somewhere he'd just 'move it', or have I imagined that
Seen it mentioned on twitter (yeah I know) that Ineos are taking it on?

Unread 30-04-2023, 10:25 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Seen it mentioned on twitter (yeah I know) that Ineos are taking it on?
Shifting the debt away is great - but what's to stop it being shifted back at some stage?

Unread 30-04-2023, 11:13 AM
RedMenace

There's nothing to stop any owner putting debt on the club. But the banks are going to very much prefer that it stay with the company that makes a lot more money. They aren't looking to buy United to take money out of it, they don't need to. Again if that sounds like I'm all in on Ineos and Ratcliffe I'm not but people need to stop thinking that it's the Glazers all over again because it's not. Based on all available evidence anyway.

Unread 30-04-2023, 11:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Shifting the debt away is great - but what's to stop it being shifted back at some stage?
INEOS made 69bn last year.....

Unread 30-04-2023, 11:28 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
That’s fine, but just say that - that you don’t want the glazers to stay at United in any capacity whatsoever. I think it’s a bit idealistic, but it’s a valid opinion to have.

There’s no need for the stuff about partnering with, buddying up, pandering to etc though because it isn’t true. He’s not entering into a relationship with the remaining glazers. He’s leaving them a taste because they think our value is going to rise significantly in the next few years, and they’re worried they’re getting out to soon.

I’d much rather it happen this way, with them having no influence, than them being that worried about getting out too early that they stay on in control.
He stated it in four separate posts, that he wants the Glazers out completely. This is just another example of the shite that you and your tag team post. It's not magic's fault that you have constant struggles to read posts and digest them properly, rather than already thinking of what you're going to post next from your high horse.

Unread 30-04-2023, 11:45 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
INEOS made 69bn last year.....
Weird they are having to borrow money to buy the club then.

Unread 30-04-2023, 11:51 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He stated it in four separate posts, that he wants the Glazers out completely. This is just another example of the shite that you and your tag team post. It's not magic's fault that you have constant struggles to read posts and digest them properly, rather than already thinking of what you're going to post next from your high horse.
It’s not ethers fault that magic posts a mixture of shitty remarks that dismiss or devalue some of the genuine reasons people are against Qatar or that he intersperses those remarks with statements of child like naivety that demonstrate a breathtaking lack of commercial understanding.

Unread 30-04-2023, 11:59 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Weird they are having to borrow money to buy the club then.
Exactly.

Or that he can't stump up enough of the purported 6m to own the club outright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s not ethers fault that magic posts a mixture of shitty remarks that dismiss or devalue some of the genuine reasons people are against Qatar or that he intersperses those remarks with statements of child like naivety that demonstrate a breathtaking lack of commercial understanding.
"Ooooh, love me".

You're like the ugly girl at the dance, desperate for some attention, aren't you? You keep tonguing arses whilst pretending hopelessly that everything about 'Big' Jim's bid is all you hoped it would be. #@&%!.

Unread 30-04-2023, 12:03 PM
RedMenace

They make £2-3 billion a year in profit in recent years. £69 billion would be the revenue. But they don't need to take £100m a year from United to fund the ownership. They're many multiple times bigger than United. Obviously there's a risk that they could take money out if they decide to but I don't see why they would. The Glazers didn't have any other income streams.

Unread 30-04-2023, 12:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Big Dunc with the early scarf shot?

Unread 30-04-2023, 12:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Big Dunc with the early scarf shot?
Imagine the photo:

Jim, Joel and Avram. Patting each other on the back, draped in United scarves and drooling at the thought of the size of the next dividend.

Unread 30-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Bunker Buster

REMOVE THE QATAR FLAGS FROM YOUR BIOS.....

there's a new sheriff in town

Unread 30-04-2023, 12:42 PM
Sparky***

Regardless of what amount of shares hes going to have in the club, what’s Ratcliffe’s ambitions exactly? Is he here to build an elite football team and invest in infrastructure or is it another addition to his “portfolio” along with petro chemicals or whatever?