United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 07-06-2023, 06:47 PM
andyroo

If Radcliffe means no debt it's grand. The debt is the worst thing about the Glazer ownership, that's what we most need rid of. Their interference in transfers etc all comes back to that.

Unread 07-06-2023, 06:53 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If Radcliffe means no debt it's grand. The debt is the worst thing about the Glazer ownership, that's what we most need rid of. Their interference in transfers etc all comes back to that.
The debt isnt cleared, its just moved. He will only own half the club too, glazers n shareholders own the rest.

He'll have to pay off the glazers n shares some time i guess...just like the glazers had to pay the 400mil debt.....oh wait they never did and its doubled !

We're doomed. top 4 is all he will want, just like his step brothers.

Looks like a fancy tramp who rides an old-fashioned bicycle.

Unread 07-06-2023, 06:53 PM
dunk

The debt is a massive negative from an FFP perspective, as it’s taking money away from expenditure budget every year. You’d think they’d have to shift it in some way to make any progress in revamping the squad.

Plus I’m sure I read somewhere that the finance agreements on the debt stipulate they are due in the event of a change of ownership. That may be why the Glazer’s are being kept on to some degree, to stave that off..?

Unread 07-06-2023, 06:59 PM
ScarFace

Hope im wrong btw because this is £#%&!ing aids.

I hope Worzel Gummidge comes in, announces the debt is gone, has full control, will fix the ground, will plough 300 mil into players and fill the club with people who know what they're doing, rather than people there just to tickle the Glazers figures.

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:12 PM
Jethro

The parasitic @#%&!s have sucked the life out of them leaving. Just go ffs.

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The parasitic @#%&!s have sucked the life out of them leaving. Just go ffs.
Kind of apt summary of their entire tenure.

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Hope im wrong btw because this is £#%&!ing aids.

I hope Worzel Gummidge comes in, announces the debt is gone, has full control, will fix the ground, will plough 300 mil into players and fill the club with people who know what they're doing, rather than people there just to tickle the Glazers figures.
Yeah, not happening is it pal.

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:20 PM
Ethers

Good read again for anyone wishing to avoid the hysterics

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
If they haven’t got any power I’m not arsed. Everybody would have taken this outcome a year ago. It’s only because Qatar got involved that some people have had their head turned by the promise of unlimited funds.
This is true tbf.

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:23 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The debt is a massive negative from an FFP perspective, as it’s taking money away from expenditure budget every year. You’d think they’d have to shift it in some way to make any progress in revamping the squad.

Plus I’m sure I read somewhere that the finance agreements on the debt stipulate they are due in the event of a change of ownership. That may be why the Glazer’s are being kept on to some degree, to stave that off..?
That is the biggest concern of all. Two of the gimps stay, no "new debt", no riddance of the old debt, no stadium development, nothing, just a Chelsea season ticket holder in his 70s replacing some parasites.

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:41 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

The glazers aren’t been kept on
They would have a minority shareholding

It wouldn’t affect the debt having to be dealt with as it’s a change of control clause and since there would be a change in control at the club then the clause would be triggered

Suspect the debt would be refinanced against INEOS so the club would be debt free

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

It wouldn’t affect the debt having to be dealt with as it’s a change of control clause and since there would be a change in control at the club then the clause would be triggered

Suspect the debt would be refinanced against INEOS so the club would be debt free
We'll see. He only pledged no new debt, not to rid the club of existing debt.

Unread 07-06-2023, 07:57 PM
Jack Duckworth

The Qatar fella looks like an AI image

Unread 07-06-2023, 08:00 PM
Danoli

We are in a much better position than we were in 12 months ago, and in a few weeks it will be better still.

I’ll be delighted if SJR is the new owner, it’s the safest option

Unread 07-06-2023, 08:07 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
The Qatar fella looks like an AI image

Unread 07-06-2023, 08:08 PM
erictheking7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
We are in a much better position than we were in 12 months ago, and in a few weeks it will be better still.

I’ll be delighted if SJR is the new owner, it’s the safest option
He’s got about 5-10 years max in him and then what? Spoilt little trust fund #@&%!head sons inherit? Sound familiar?

Unread 07-06-2023, 08:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

I’m thinking some sort of shenanigans tbh, minor shareholders or not.

Unread 07-06-2023, 08:16 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
He’s got about 5-10 years max in him and then what? Spoilt little trust fund #@&%!head sons inherit? Sound familiar?
Yup, lucky if he makes it to the PS6 release. Then we're owned by a faceless company. Probably run by GPT.

Unread 07-06-2023, 08:17 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
Not at all, the Glazers had very little cash to inherit, and the assets they inherited (shopping malls) were hardly cash cows.

This is a much different scenario.

Also, there’s more than 5-10 years left in SJR, he’s a proper action man

Unread 07-06-2023, 08:18 PM
NedKelly

Honestly surprised at the vitriol aimed at Sir Jim. It’s not very top-reddy at all.