United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2007, 11:58 AM
TheNew

Default bit quiet on here today...anyway, good to see Ruud

back in the dutch squad and scoring for them at the weekend.

Was it a customary tap in?

Could have done with him with our goal shy start to the season eh?

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:24 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Thumbs up

Agreed

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Some of the goals he scored for Madrid last season were far from tapins. He looked £#%&!ing class but to be honest he didn't play like that for United for about 2 seasons for whatever reasons.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Ed Sullivan

people who slag him off are clueless @#%&!s.

nft.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:34 PM
steeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew

Was it a customary tap in?
Was a shot from just outside the box into the bottom corner, if I remember correctly

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Whalefish

We'd have 5 more points if he'd have played for us this season IMO.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Barca '91

Legend

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
MUFC One Love

Missed him last season.

We would have seen some great attacking football and an exciting season leading to United winning the league, getting to the F.A Cup final and CL Semi Final whilst doing it all playing the right way and a joy to watch. It would have been like the good old days where the team shows character and bounces back in games.

But instead, without Ruud, we got.......what?

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
neworder

Did dave speak to you about that Uproar CD mate?

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Ruud detractors always play the "we won the League last season because we sold Van Nisterooy" card, but I don't agree with that.
I'd say we won the League because of the form of Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Carrick etc..
Nobody can tell me that Ruud wouldn't have been a more than adequate alternative to Saha???
Yes we can, how about remembering the season before last?? Or the season before that??

Why is it in his last two seasons our best football came with him out of the team??

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Ruud detractors always play the "we won the League last season because we sold Van Nisterooy" card, but I don't agree with that.
I'd say we won the League because of the form of Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Carrick etc..
Nobody can tell me that Ruud wouldn't have been a more than adequate alternative to Saha???
Sorry mate but you're very knowledgeable on football and you know as well as me that different style striker can change how a team players. That is a fact. We barely played 4-4-2 last season yet when we didn't play 4-4-2 with Ruud and was shit it was all Ruud's fault. We couldn't p[lay the fluid 4-3-3 with Ruud, simple as.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:53 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Yes we can, how about remembering the season before last?? Or the season before that??

Why is it in his last two seasons our best football came with him out of the team??

It was a coincidence.
Nothing more.

You're not telling me that Ruud Van Nistelrooy isn't a better player than Saha or Larsson??
We'll never know of course, but with Ronaldo finally sorting his game out & the likes of Scholes, Rooney & Carrick in the side I think we still would have won the League last season with Ruud up front.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I think that is a very very small minority. I think the majority of - shall we say 'clued up' supporters - appreciate what he did for the club, but realised it was better for us and him that he moved on. There is no doubt whatsoever Ruud would help us in the occasional game where we dont score, yet create lots of chances, but on the whole we are better off without him playing flowing football now and i doubt he regrets the move either.
it's that simple.

But people make him out to be the single reason why we didn't the league for (shock horror) those few seasons.

I don't remember the fact that he may/may not have stifled our attacking formation, I just remember his goals in Europe and the fact he broke Lawmans record.

£#%&!ing superb for us and deserves better than he often gets.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Barca '91

Greatest goalscorer this club has ever seen.

And I include The Lawman .....

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sorry mate but you're very knowledgeable on football and you know as well as me that different style striker can change how a team players. That is a fact. We barely played 4-4-2 last season yet when we didn't play 4-4-2 with Ruud and was shit it was all Ruud's fault. We couldn't p[lay the fluid 4-3-3 with Ruud, simple as.
But how often did we really play that fluid 4-3-3??
Saha missed the majority of the season (for a change) ...Larsson was hardly a like for like replacement for Saha & we did pretty well with him in the side (Spurs away for example)

One thing is for sure, we certainly haven't started this season with flowing football.

Anyway, it's all irrellevant now anyway because Ruud isn't at the Club anymore.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Come off it. You must be a complete moron to ignore Saha's impact on the team's results and style of play pre new year/Larsson?

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:00 PM
The Return of JC

We'd have more goals this season if we had Rooney, Ronnie and Saha too.

You know, our strikers.

Ruud's time was up with us. For whatever reason. Just because he did well for Madrid last year doesn't mean he would've been the same for us. Don't people remember how turgid we were with him in the side.

I don't see why people can't wish him well, be pleased for him and be pleased for us.

We've benefitted and he's benefitted. I don't see the problem.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Come off it. You must be a complete moron to ignore Saha's impact on the team's results and style of play pre new year/Larsson?

Unfortunately the season doesn't last between August & Christmas.
Saha's impact for us was great, but from what I've seen of Ruud since he's been at Madrid he is simply the complete centre forward.
Great first touch, great movement, goals in the bucketload, great lay-offs & give&go's.

As I said, I'd sooner think we won the league last season because of our attitude, desire & quality of our midfield. Not because Ruud wasn't there.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Don't people remember how turgid we were with him in the side.
Ramone doesn't, he must, MUST be blind. One of my favourite ever players for United, but if he had stayed on for last year we wouldn't have won the league.
Closed Thread