United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2007, 03:48 PM
jem

Default the thing is

if the perspective is "chelsea dropped points and we dropped less, so we're doing ok", you can't really grumble.

however, if your perspective is "I don't know how chelsea are doing so badly, but they are still close and we have been very lucky with injuries; it's all going to change soon and we need every £#%&!ing point we can get because it is all going to come tumbling down around our ears - I'm scared!", that seems like two points dropped we should have had.

Unread 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Jack Duckworth

it's hardly doomlordery to suggest having a striker on the bench is preferable to not having one, surely? more like stating the bleedin' obvious.

Unread 02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Some stuff about this:

Ole hit the post when clean through against Reading. He also played a full 90 against Wigan. United scored both their goals with Fletcher and Park on the pitch.

Unread 02-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

all good and valid points.

however, i would still rather have had ole swinging his foot at that chance at st james' than johnny spark.

Unread 02-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
all good and valid points.

however, i would still rather have had ole swinging his foot at that chance at st james' than johnny spark.
aye. or a classic Fletcher side-foot cushion volley maybe!

Unread 07-01-2007, 07:50 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I agree.

I obviously would have taken the postion we are in now, had i been offered it at the start of the season.

I realise a few of our players are versatile and can operate in other roles, but I was concerned in this game as some others (Shef U springs to mind) where there were "no goals" on the bench.

Without wishing to get my boxers in a twist, we seem to have forgotton how many holes we got out of in 98/99 by having four strikers and normally two were on the bench.

True strikers ability is not something everyone has, and the likes of Ole have proved time and time again that they have that inate knack of being in the right spot at the right time, I think Larsson has the same knack and presumably he won't be getting many weeks off over a three month spell.
£#%&! me, striker off the bench - goal.

Out of a hole we shouln't have been in.

Slight similarities to the dippers cup tie of that famous year?
Closed Thread