United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
True, which is why I trust him to make decisions even if I disagree. He’s working with way more information and has the club, not himself, as his motivation.

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:23 PM
armchair

It's a cultural revolution. Van Gaal was one too but it was too severe. Jose was just a guy taking his pain out on players. Now it's a backlash. We're going to get done by good teams if we play with abandon all the time but Ole has shown he's a big game manager too so it bodes well.

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It's a cultural revolution. Van Gaal was one too but it was too severe. Jose was just a guy taking his pain out on players. Now it's a backlash. We're going to get done by good teams if we play with abandon all the time but Ole has shown he's a big game manager too so it bodes well.

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Sparky***

I've called him a lot of things but I admire his integrity and the way he would never disrespect the club or behave in a way that would bring embarrassment

He is the total antithesis of the two ego-maniacs who were in charge before him.

Unread 17-07-2020, 01:14 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Fantastic stuff. Love the guy.

This bit where he talks about clinical finishing at 6 mins in

Nearest I've ever heard him come to slagging Ferguson .

'Just hit the target Ole'

Shut up you

Unread 17-07-2020, 01:48 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmlKbg3yzBA

One of the only football podcasts I've ever enjoyed watching and well worth an hour , a refreshing interview that let's the interviewee flow without myshow lookatme interruptions

Ole chats his hidden assassin and outlines what he looks for in a Utd player after which I like him even more and more than happy that he's the manager

Superb that pal

Quote:

Shut up you
Love how he says about getting people out at the club .. he’s basically like any of us in terms of what he wants . Absolutely love him

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:59 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've called him a lot of things but I admire his integrity and the way he would never disrespect the club or behave in a way that would bring embarrassment

He is the total antithesis of the two ego-maniacs who were in charge before him.
Three? Moyes was the same. He sacked all the champions winning back room staff left by SAF and replaced them with his clowns. What is more ego-manic than that?

Unread 17-07-2020, 03:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Three? Moyes was the same. He sacked all the champions winning back room staff left by SAF and replaced them with his clowns. What is more ego-manic than that?
That was more insecurity than arrogance imo. Plus it’s hardly uncommon with new managers to bring their own people in.

Unread 17-07-2020, 03:35 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That was more insecurity than arrogance imo. Plus it’s hardly uncommon with new managers to bring their own people in.
Agree with this. Very rare for a new manager to come in and keep the backroom staff. Moyes just probably wanted to be his own man and do things his own way - which was naive, not arrogant.

Unread 17-07-2020, 06:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Just watched the interview. Very interesting. He's got that accent and he's been around for so long, that you forget that English isn't his first language and there are times in that longer format where he can't quite fully express himself.

I've always liked what hes said and how he comes across. When we were losing, of course it was just another stick to beat him with.

"He's too positive"

But his message has been consistent from day one. It isn't complicated, but it doesn't need to be.

Work hard
Love the club
Make the most of your talent
Play good football

And we're looking more like the side he wants us to be by the month.

Ole

Unread 17-07-2020, 06:43 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Just watched the interview. Very interesting. He's got that accent and he's been around for so long, that you forget that English isn't his first language and there are times in that longer format where he can't quite fully express himself.

I've always liked what hes said and how he comes across. When we were losing, of course it was just another stick to beat him with.

"He's too positive"

But his message has been consistent from day one. It isn't complicated, but it doesn't need to be.

Work hard
Love the club
Make the most of your talent
Play good football

And we're looking more like the side he wants us to be by the month.

Ole
It was interesting to see them all acknowledge also that Fergie didn't instantiate these values - they can be traced back to Busby and preceding him with the Club's desire to entertain the working man (and woman).

In the end he knows himself that the ultimate benchmark is winning titles for MUFC and that is the measure on which he should be judged, beyond putting a smile back on the fans' faces. If he does it will be inspite of the Glazers, not because of them.

Unread 17-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
It was interesting to see them all acknowledge also that Fergie didn't instantiate these values - they can be traced back to Busby and preceding him with the Club's desire to entertain the working man (and woman).

In the end he knows himself that the ultimate benchmark is winning titles for MUFC and that is the measure on which he should be judged, beyond putting a smile back on the fans' faces. If he does it will be inspite of the Glazers, not because of them.
Yep

He 'gets us'.

Unread 17-07-2020, 09:03 PM
dunk

Quote:

Shut up you
Absolutely brilliant

Should be compulsory viewing for anyone claiming to be a United fan. And any £#%&!er on twitter with 'LUHG' in their name that is pining for Mourinho should have to watch it every time they tweet.

Unread 17-07-2020, 11:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep

He 'gets us'.
Still a cringey phrase, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Absolutely brilliant

Should be compulsory viewing for anyone claiming to be a United fan. And any £#%&!er on twitter with 'LUHG' in their name that is pining for Mourinho should have to watch it every time they tweet.
There are actually such people?

Unread 17-07-2020, 11:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
There are actually such people?
Every permutation of united fan exists on twitter. There also seems to be a genuinely odd breed of fan that has emerged in the last 10 years who seem to be simply fans of individual footballers and spend most of their time fawning over them. They decorate their twitter account the way you would have expected a 15 year old girl to do with Take That posters in her bedroom in the 90s.

It really is rather odd.

Unread 18-07-2020, 12:16 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Every permutation of united fan exists on twitter. There also seems to be a genuinely odd breed of fan that has emerged in the last 10 years who seem to be simply fans ofindividual footballers and spend most of their time fawning over them. They decorate their twitter account the way you would have expected a 15 year old girl to do with Take That posters in her bedroom in the 90s.

It really is rather odd.
I have never understood this concept of being a fan of an individual footballer but not of a football club, then just follow that footballer where ever he goes.
But lets blame marketing for this there such huge branding on many average to world players. That I think some individuals can not help but be glued to that particular player's every move at his current club and where ever he goes. we are seeing peoples all over the society with millions of followers on Instagram and without contributing anything meaningful.

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:58 AM
utd99

Quote:
Every permutation of united fan exists on twitter. There also seems to be a genuinely odd breed of fan that has emerged in the last 10 years who seem to be simply fans of individual footballers and spend most of their time fawning over them. They decorate their twitter account the way you would have expected a 15 year old girl to do with Take That posters in her bedroom in the 90s.

It really is rather odd.
Because they’re not United, or football, fans; they’re fans of celebrity. We loved Ronaldo through United, they would ‘follow’ United through Ronaldo. I’ve met so many people who call themselves United fans because they bought their kid a shirt once and know who Beckham is.

Unread 18-07-2020, 11:54 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

It really is rather odd.
ah yes, with names like @martialesque or @pogba_szn.

the ones who still have accounts dedicated to jose are the weirdest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Absolutely brilliant

Should be compulsory viewing for anyone claiming to be a United fan. And any f***er on twitter with 'LUHG' in their name that is pining for Mourinho should have to watch it every time they tweet.
mentioning no names. hope this helps

Unread 18-07-2020, 02:03 PM
dunk

Unread 18-07-2020, 02:10 PM
Patty_b

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ative-over-var

Quote:
"It looks like there's a narrative. It looks like people want to influence whoever is making the decisions...

I hear people talking about luck, that we've been lucky more than unlucky.

If you look at the factual decisions - and I don't want to sound like a certain manager talking about facts - but if you're offside, you're offside - that is clear.

Talking about luck… the penalty that we got against Tottenham in the last minute that was taken away from us, the might have been two points for us.

Talking about the red card that [Oriol] Romeu should have had against us when he got Mason Greenwood almost crippled, that should have been a red card. Maybe that would have helped us.

Talking about Mark Noble when he should have been sent off against us when we lost to West Ham.

Talking about the actual decision that is made, that is against Manchester United but is overturned and corrected. So it is actually me that should be complaining that we get decisions against us on the pitch by the onfield referee.

There is a narrative there but we just have to focus on our games and let other people talk."
Closed Thread