United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2019, 12:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Remember this.

Owen must be one the most genuinely disliked people in football.

Unread 03-09-2019, 12:24 PM
dunk

Odious little shit.

Still not forgiven wiganste.

Unread 03-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Brucie

Any excuse to get this out again...

Unread 03-09-2019, 12:28 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Any excuse to get this out again...

https://youtu.be/xoamtTkQzzw
Shame it didn't crash into the Burj Khalifa.

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Chris Quayd

"As much as I always hoped that the majority of Liverpool fans would understand my career decisions I also genuinely hoped also that the majority of Manchester United fans would take to me after the City game.

"In my eyes, despite there always being that intransigent minority who’ll slag you off just for the sake of it — as far as the majority of numerous, knowledgeable football fans were concerned, I thought that this laid the foundations of a great relationship."

Can't argue with that tbf.

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:14 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
State of Henry Winter

#3-3reds

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:21 PM
rubbernecker

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:30 PM
My Name is Heath

Don't understand the hate tbph

That goal v City was immense

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:47 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Don't understand the hate tbph

That goal v City was immense
Think everyone has MIB'd his cup final equaliser

Unread 03-09-2019, 05:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We'd probably have a couple of more Champions league titles if he'd have signed for us 1996.

BUT then we'd never have had Ruud or Yorke... so there you go
United's success in '99 was so much about team unity and that fluidity up front. Take out Yorke and Cole and have us based around Shearer and who knows if we're as effective. Plus Shearer struggled in European club football during his peak.

Our failure to win more in Europe was far more about our defence. Maybe if Fergie had got Blanc earlier Or Adams

Unread 03-09-2019, 05:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He would have been absolutely fantastic for us. I reckon he still rues his decision to this day but won't ever admit it. Turned us down twice as well the utter buffoon.
He definitely wanted to join us the second time, 100% nailed on.

Unread 03-09-2019, 06:45 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He definitely wanted to join us the second time, 100% nailed on.
Apparently he agreed to but Jack Walker hated us and would never have let it happen. Probably revenge for Keano choosing us over Blackburn.

Unread 04-09-2019, 08:23 AM
windy waffles

On Beckham from his book:

Quote:
"After that World Cup in France, few would argue that his and my paths were different.

"I became the darling of English football for a period of time whereas he became the villain.

"The general feeling in the dressing room immediately after the match was that there was nothing to say about him getting sent off.

"What could any of us have said to him that would have changed anything? The damage was done.

"However, some time later, I got wind that Victoria was in some way disappointed in me.

"She felt, I was told, that while all the limelight was on me after the World Cup, I should have publicly and voluntarily come out and backed David."

He added: "I didn’t consider myself senior enough to pat David Beckham – twenty times more famous than I was at the time – on the back and say: ‘Keep your chin up, mate,’ either.

"Whether I thought his actions lost us the game or not didn’t matter.

"For me, at that time, it was about hierarchy and standing.

"I was just a junior member of that squad. I was really just a kid."

Unread 04-09-2019, 08:45 AM
waynes ear's

does he mention anything about his £#%&!ing dog of a mrs?

midget @#%&!

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:00 AM
believe

Never realised he had such a bad stutter.

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

he has a fascinating personality tbh. he has absolutely tunnel vision selfishness and self pity to the point it £#%&!s him up both professionally and socially. maybe explains his gambling problems, he just wants more and more.

he's the kind of guy you would only interact with because he's introduced through someone else. and he would try to compete at everything and invariably leave early or sulk if he feels he loses at something. Anything.

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:27 AM
windy waffles

Unread 04-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Switching Off

Unread 04-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he has a fascinating personality tbh. he has absolutely tunnel vision selfishness and self pity to the point it £#%&!s him up both professionally and socially. maybe explains his gambling problems, he just wants more and more.

he's the kind of guy you would only interact with because he's introduced through someone else. and he would try to compete at everything and invariably leave early or sulk if he feels he loses at something. Anything.
Spot-on. Stenches of a lad with no actual mates. Once saw him described as ‘your sister’s boyfriend who keeps trying to get you to play golf’.

Unread 04-09-2019, 07:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Spot-on. Stenches of a lad with no actual mates. Once saw him described as ‘your sister’s boyfriend who keeps trying to get you to play golf’.
Closed Thread