United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:10 PM
Sparky***

Aside from Wan-Bissaka and The Scottish Player I wouldn't back a single one of our players to win a 50/50 battle for the ball.

In a team of lightweights, Lindelof is perhaps pound for pound the worst.

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Yet another shite Mourinho dud.

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:13 PM
David Crank

He'll end up at Barcelona

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:18 PM
armchair

why were you facing your own goal, victor?

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Red Santos

so have his fanboys accepted he's an above average defender now?

I got pelters for calling it as it is last season.

Chris Smalling is a better defender than him

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:35 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

I don't think anybody disagrees with smalling being a better defender.

Ole clearly wants to play out from the back which smalling is incapable of.

Neither of them are good enough

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I don't think anybody disagrees with smalling being a better defender.

Ole clearly wants to play out from the back which smalling is incapable of.

Neither of them are good enough
Lindelof hardly much better

Still waiting on this Maguire passing too.

Unread 15-12-2019, 06:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

Think it’s generally agreed on here now that Smalling and Maguire would have likely been a more solid partnership.

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:38 PM
red in cumbria

One of his worst games for ages tbh, almost at Huddersfield level bad

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:55 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Aside from Wan-Bissaka and The Scottish Player I wouldn't back a single one of our players to win a 50/50 battle for the ball.

He's possibly up against Deeney, Carroll and Barnes in our next 3 games

Unread 15-12-2019, 08:20 PM
utd99

Lindelof is too flimsy, though I think De Gea is getting a bit of a free ride on that OG despite the foul.

Unread 16-12-2019, 01:33 AM
Whalefish

I don't like him at all. Piss weak and his passing, at times, yesterday was £#%&!ing awful.

As mentioned above he'll have Deeney, Carroll and Barnes (or Woods?) to mark soon. Lets hope United create some decent chances and score 3 or 4 in each game because the way they're defending they'll probably need to.

Unread 16-12-2019, 03:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't like him at all. Piss weak and his passing, at times, yesterday was £#%&!ing awful.

As mentioned above he'll have Deeney, Carroll and Barnes (or Woods?) to mark soon. Lets hope United create some decent chances and score 3 or 4 in each game because the way they're defending they'll probably need to.
sums it up for me too. Would rather give the shirt to one of the youth.

Unread 16-12-2019, 02:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Half our team don’t even go in for 50/50’s

Unread 16-12-2019, 03:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Lindelof hardly much better

Still waiting on this Maguire passing too.
He’s much better on the ball than Smalling. And Maguire better than the pair of them

The amount of revisionism on here regarding Smalling. I don’t think I’ve seen a single premier league defender who is less competent on the ball than Smalling. Half a season in Italy and all of a sudden he’s Baresi to some.

Unread 16-12-2019, 03:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He’s much better on the ball than Smalling. And Maguire better than the pair of them

The amount of revisionism on here regarding Smalling. I don’t think I’ve seen a single premier league defender who is less competent on the ball than Smalling. Half a season in Italy and all of a sudden he’s Baresi to some.
I don’t think anyone’s suggesting he’s Baresi mate, but i’ll agree that his stature has somehow benefitted from his absence, but I think that’s down to the obvious limitations of Lindelof. Be honest, who would you trust to defend against set pieces or high balls, or even runs in behind, Smalling or Linders?

Unread 16-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Cream

Weeeeeeeeak.

Will probably not make it at United. Might take a while to replace him though considering how many other positions need filling.

Unread 16-12-2019, 04:08 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
There was one moment late on when he was running back and all he had to do was play it back to De Gea but instead he turned and played it out of play when we’re looking to get a winner
Yep, £#%&!ing shite that was. Get big Axel in instead.

Unread 16-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Always been a solid defender and some of us were saying it before we got Maguire...

He's shite on the ball. Lindelof is average. Therefore he isn't much better than Smalling.

Smalling is a better defender. I'll take that over some being ok on the ball.

Point is that all we heard was how much better Maguire and Lindelof were compared to having to put up with Smalling again.

Neither of them doing much to back that up this season. We look no more solid with Smalling gone and about £120m worth of cbs replacing him.

Unread 16-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yet another shite Mourinho dud.
I don’t think he was TBF. Given he rarely started under Jose at first I reckon he was purchased by Woodward and his cronies.

That said, he’s not good enough. Needs a few big dinners and a summer on the weights.
Closed Thread