United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Didn't they value one of those inbred brothers at around £70m?
Thank God they did.

Can't remember which brother it was, but both have Woodward signing all over them.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:27 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Newcastle fans and the media losing their shit because we won’t just hand him over for peanuts.
Think it's more to do with the MU Finance brains trust looking for a loan fee that is greater than anyone would be willing to pay to buy him outright

Between the lost opportunity to offload him last year for a decent fee and now positioning themselves that will see him paid for nothing until the end of the season and then out for nowt, the money men don't really seem to be too money wise at all.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Newcastle fans and the media losing their shit because we won’t just hand him over for peanuts.
Mad innit. We’re expected to pay way over the odds for everyone, pay the highest wages and give players away. West Ham in the summer, knowing Lingard was worth £30m+ to them and based on his performances but wanting him for £10m because it’s United. £#%&!ers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Think it's more to do with the MU Finance brains trust looking for a loan fee that is greater than anyone would be willing to pay to buy him outright

Between the lost opportunity to offload him last year for a decent fee and now positioning themselves that will see him paid for nothing until the end of the season and then out for nowt, the money men don't really seem to be too money wise at all.
There wasn’t one. Nobody offered a decent fee. Everyone wants to give us rock bottom for our players.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:34 AM
Bunker Buster

Would drive him there myself, but I am enjoying nufc fans thinking they can just chuck 10m at a loan deal....

Will be glorious scenes the day they go down ..

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:51 AM
jem

torn. don't like the fact that everyone asks for ridiculous fees from us whilst offering joke amounts to us. but, ffs, sell him already.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:52 AM
est.1878

Leaving gifs fully pipelined.

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:01 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

When you have a group of players on ridiculous wages and contracts, who don't even play football regularly you can kind of see why proper clubs would bulk at paying anything other than rock bottom fees.

Should have just auctioned them all off with no reserve.

Unread 28-01-2022, 02:32 AM
Sparky***

“Petrified”

Unread 28-01-2022, 04:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
How he didnt end up at West Ham after that loan spell is one of lifes great mysteries. It was great for the buying club, the selling club and his prospects of going to the World Cup.

Unread 28-01-2022, 07:33 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
If United are petrified of this #@&%! they need to burn the club down and run off with the insurance money

also, Marcus Rashford is fuming? cry me a river you #@&%!

Unread 28-01-2022, 08:13 AM
redhegemony

I'm bloody petrified he's going to stay

Unread 28-01-2022, 08:41 AM
AK14

Quote:
Ffs

What have we become.

Just sell the pair of them.

Unread 28-01-2022, 09:25 AM
dunk

Treatment? He’s not good enough so doesn’t play, but is being handsomely compensated for his time. Nobody seems to think of him as good enough to be worth opening the piggy bank for, how is that United’s fault?

Unread 28-01-2022, 09:31 AM
Ethers

I think probably what that means is that the people on the football side of things are desperate to get rid but worried about letting him leave for nothing, then seeing him do really well, and having people on the business side of the club turn round and ask why they let a valuable asset go for £#%&! all.

Unread 28-01-2022, 09:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Treatment? He’s not good enough so doesn’t play, but is being handsomely compensated for his time. Nobody seems to think of him as good enough to be worth opening the piggy bank for, how is that United’s fault?
And in the summer I thought he wanted to go ‘fight for his place’ despite being told his chances were limited.

Well, this is it. This is the fight.

Unread 28-01-2022, 09:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think probably what that means is that the people on the football side of things are desperate to get rid but worried about letting him leave for nothing, then seeing him do really well, and having people on the business side of the club turn round and ask why they let a valuable asset go for £#%&! all.
Yep. Of course he might do well, doesn’t matter.

Reckon Forlan scarred them

Unread 28-01-2022, 10:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
If United are petrified of this #@&%! they need to burn the club down and run off with the insurance money

also, Marcus Rashford is fuming? cry me a river you #@&%!
Made me LOL.

Unread 28-01-2022, 10:46 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And in the summer I thought he wanted to go ‘fight for his place’ despite being told his chances were limited.

Well, this is it. This is the fight.
Apparently the "treatment" is Ole persuading him to stay and promising him game time last summer. The exact opposite of your scenario.

Unread 28-01-2022, 01:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Personally I think that it’s been leaked to the press by one of the clubs trying to pressure United into letting him go. Probably Newcastle. It’s utterly ridiculous to think that United would be concerned about letting him go considering the players we’ve let go in the last 5 years

Unread 28-01-2022, 02:19 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Personally I think that it’s been leaked to the press by one of the clubs trying to pressure United into letting him go. Probably Newcastle. It’s utterly ridiculous to think that United would be concerned about letting him go considering the players we’ve let go in the last 5 years
And the fact he can sign a contract with anybody without a fee from 1st Feb