Unread 07-08-2021, 03:42 PM
Ethers

Scored 9 goals in 16 games for them, some bounce that

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Scored 9 goals in 16 games for them, some bounce that
16 games eh? Less than half a season. Impressive.

Are we really arguing over Jesse Lingard ‘turning up on the pitch’ based on 16 games for West Ham rather than four years for United.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
16 games eh? Less than half a season. Impressive.

Are we really arguing over Jesse Lingard ‘turning up on the pitch’ based on 16 games for West Ham rather than four years for United.
No pal, that’s why it specifically says last season. I hope this helps.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
No pal, that’s why it specifically says last season. I hope this helps.
That season where we loaned him to another club because he was so shit? It should specifically say 16 games.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
That season where we loaned him to another club because he was so shit? It should specifically say 16 games.
He didn’t play a single league game for us last season.

I think it was generally accepted that things had gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, and he needed to move on. I don’t think anyone expected him to do as well as he did at West Ham, and his time there certainly showed that he has enough talent to to play to a high standard in the Premier League. I thought they’d make the move permanent tbh, and haven’t really followed why it didn’t happen. I’m not going to cry about him coming back to us though. If he plays with the same desire and application he showed for half a season at West Ham, he’ll be a valuable asset to the squad. If he doesn’t, he won’t play. I don’t see the problem really.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:22 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
He is a good footballer though, and did it on the pitch last season
If you are trying to suggest he's done it on the pitch for utd, Ive no reply He may have done well at west ham but I don't watch them and couldnt care less if he did. If, as he's seems to be, carries on with his personal promotion show while doing nothing on the pitch, I'd show him the door.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
He didn’t play a single league game for us last season.

I think it was generally accepted that things had gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, and he needed to move on. I don’t think anyone expected him to do as well as he did at West Ham, and his time there certainly showed that he has enough talent to to play to a high standard in the Premier League. I thought they’d make the move permanent tbh, and haven’t really followed why it didn’t happen. I’m not going to cry about him coming back to us though. If he plays with the same desire and application he showed for half a season at West Ham, he’ll be a valuable asset to the squad. If he doesn’t, he won’t play. I don’t see the problem really.
He didn’t play a single game for us because he wasn’t in the plans, because he let us down and proved over many years that he wasn’t good enough. He was starting games regularly when Ole first got here and played his way out. Because he isn’t good enough.

He did better than expected as West Ham, agreed, but how much of that is because he’s a good player and how much is a ‘fresh start’?

To suggest he turned up last season based on 10-15 good games for West Ham is generous. He was even starting to look more like his old self towards the end of the season too as West Ham started to flag.

My issue with him being around is the same with all the other shit@#%&!s that are still hanging around. They do just enough to convince you they might have enough quality to do well. Then they quickly remind you why they’re not good enough. During this time, they’ll sign a new bumper deal and then we can’t shift them.

Then back they come for pre-season, they look ok and back round we go.

The problem comes in thinking we have solutions in the squad when we don’t. They seem like good options to have, but they’re not. They let us down. Our ‘good option’ had no goals and no assists in the league until a 96th minute tap in against Leicester the season before last. Then didn’t play again until West Ham loaned him. How is he now a better option than then?

With the options we have now and the amount of time he’s been here, I don’t want to see him playing. Ever. He’s had his chance, simple as that.

The misguided faith and needless contracts given to the likes of him, Jones, Perrera, Bailly is stopping us getting a third player in this window and inflating the wage bill.

Shifting these useless bastards is proving just as hard as getting good players in and the ones he’s shifted has been a big plus on Ole’s part,

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
He didn’t play a single game for us because he wasn’t in the plans, because he let us down and proved over many years that he wasn’t good enough. He was starting games regularly when Ole first got here and played his way out. Because he isn’t good enough.

He did better than expected as West Ham, agreed, but how much of that is because he’s a good player and how much is a ‘fresh start’?

To suggest he turned up last season based on 10-15 good games for West Ham is generous. He was even starting to look more like his old self towards the end of the season too as West Ham started to flag.

My issue with him being around is the same with all the other shit@#%&!s that are still hanging around. They do just enough to convince you they might have enough quality to do well. Then they quickly remind you why they’re not good enough. During this time, they’ll sign a new bumper deal and then we can’t shift them.

Then back they come for pre-season, they look ok and back round we go.

The problem comes in thinking we have solutions in the squad when we don’t. They seem like good options to have, but they’re not. They let us down. Our ‘good option’ had no goals and no assists in the league until a 96th minute tap in against Leicester the season before last. Then didn’t play again until West Ham loaned him. How is he now a better option than then?

With the options we have now and the amount of time he’s been here, I don’t want to see him playing. Ever. He’s had his chance, simple as that.

The misguided faith and needless contracts given to the likes of him, Jones, Perrera, Bailly is stopping us getting a third player in this window and inflating the wage bill.

Shifting these useless bastards is proving just as hard as getting good players in and the ones he’s shifted has been a big plus on Ole’s part,
You’re wrong, and J-Lingz will prove you wrong on the pitch this season.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Provided it’s for another team, that’s fine by me 👍

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:40 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Provided it’s for another team, that’s fine by me 👍
So you wouldn’t want him to do well for us this season?? Weird attitude.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
So you wouldn’t want him to do well for us this season?? Weird attitude.
I want him sold. I thought that was quite clear.

If he stays and plays then I hope he does well. I hope every player does well because I support Manchester United.

The key issue is that this won’t happen. He might have his moments and I’m sure there will be plenty who will be quick in with the ‘told ya so’ when he does, but that’s just the ‘false hope’ part of the cycle. He won’t be the answer to any of the squad’s problems this season and he doesn’t deserve the chance to be.

If there was a buyer, he’d be sold.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:50 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I want him sold. I thought that was quite clear.
He’s not getting sold though.

So do you want him to do well when he plays this season for us or not?

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
He’s not getting sold though.

So do you want him to do well when he plays this season for us or not?
See edit.

Me wanting United players to do well was not the discussion either btw.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:53 PM
Ethers

Quote:
See edit.

Me wanting United players to do well was not the discussion either btw.
Thanks for the clarification. Guess we’ll see what happens eh.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:55 PM
armchair

I hope he gets a move. He'd be a very good buy for someone.

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Guess we’ll see what happens eh.
So, what you said about 4 posts ago then, before you weirdly started to suggest I want United players to fail.

Cool 👍

Really good responses to my points though equating to “you’re wrong” and “we’ll see”

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Still holding out hope we will shift him and it’s all a bluff

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:12 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
And there we have it, a person creating a brand before they have even a hint of product - he really should jack it in and become a full time 'influencer' he seems to have more interest in that than football and the world of frauds is right down his street.

How any player could even consider making videos while they can't get near the squad tells us everything we need to know about the good Mr Lingard or your J-Lingz

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Goodbye/good buy. Potato/potarto.

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
And there we have it, a person creating a brand before they have even a hint of product - he really should jack it in and become a full time 'influencer' he seems to have more interest in that than football and the world of frauds is right down his street.

How any player could even consider making videos while they can't get near the squad tells us everything we need to know about the good Mr Lingard or your J-Lingz
He’s 28. At his peak, with years of experience at the club under his belt…. He was loaned out. He could can beeenz it up all he likes, but that’s where he is as a player.

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
And there we have it, a person creating a brand before they have even a hint of product
Ethers is Lingard? He has seemed full of beans lately.