United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Smurf

I've e-mailed [email protected] in the faint hope that someone might want to actually report on something.

I like the fact that Daniel Taylor has mentioned the "COme back when you've won 18 banner in 94" in a recent article..

Unread 16-05-2009, 01:04 AM
poppy

Far too lazy to see if this has already been posted, but Des Kelly's latest column is a blinder.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ally-Rafa.html

Unread 16-05-2009, 01:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Far too lazy to see if this has already been posted, but Des Kelly's latest column is a blinder.

Ł#%&!ing brilliant.

Now if only the rst of the football world would read and digest it

Unread 16-05-2009, 01:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Superb.

Grimson, anyone - put it on RAWK.

Unread 16-05-2009, 01:23 AM
khmk

Thumbs up

Quote:

excellent.

im getting that tattooed on my #@&%!.

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Street Magician

Rafa - United Aren't Better Than Us?

RAFA BENITEZ has taken another swipe at Alex Ferguson, sniping: Winning the title doesn’t mean you are better than us.
Fergie’s Manchester United will make it a hat-trick of crowns with a point against Arsenal today.

But Liverpool chief Benitez said: “It’s the team that has more points, that’s all.

"Sometimes they can be the best at the beginning, in the middle or maybe with consistency, but it just means they have more points.

“It depends on the time of the season. I don’t think I ever said we were playing the best out of everyone, maybe just at certain moments.

“I do have a lot of respect for the other teams, but to say who is the best at one moment is not easy — there are a lot of good teams in the Premier League.”

Liverpool have scored more goals, lost fewer games — just two — and rattled up a better goal difference than the rest.

Victory in their last two ties, against West Brom and Tottenham, would also earn them a club record haul of 86 points. That would beat the 82 they managed in the 2005-06 campaign.

If they avoid defeat in the last two matches, they will also become the only side to lose that few and fail to lift the title.

But second-placed Liverpool are still six points behind their deadly rivals with two games left.

Yet Benitez thinks the major deciding factor has been United’s greater wealth — plus a stroke of luck here and there.

He added: “Always they spend more than we can spend. If they make mistakes they can use different players.

Advertisement

“Maybe we’d have to bring in some young players without the experience at this level, and that could be the difference.

“And, for example, you look at the home game against Stoke, when we had a goal disallowed in the first minute. That could make a massive difference.

“But I’m really pleased with our season. It’s a pity we don’t have maybe more than we do.

“But if United have more points, it only means they have more points, that’s all, nothing else.”

Yet even if Liverpool do finish a close second, Benitez does not feel they have to win the title next time to have taken another leap forwards.

He said: “It’s not a case of we have to do that next season, just to be in a position where we can do it with a bit more luck.

“But it’s clear it is harder to win things in England than anywhere else because this is the best league in the world.

“At least we have shown we can be consistent, which is good for wanting to win trophies and titles.

“They will improve next season but so will we.”

I'd like to see this guy 'Live at the Apollo'.... he's comedy gold!

Unread 16-05-2009, 09:23 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician
“Maybe we’d have to bring in some young players without the experience at this level, and that could be the difference.
if only fergie had such a forward thinking approach, eh.

Unread 16-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Father Christmas

Quote:

Nail hit right on the head.

Unread 16-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Dueling Banjos

Closed Thread