United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Rio Ferdinand.

Must be time for those who dislike the fella to just let it go. He's been fantastic for 2 years now, is playing injured and leading the team superbly and is about to sign a new contract with a minimum of fuss. seriously, you gotta start to give him credit, he's world class and pretty much a model pro these days.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:11 AM
puressence

@#%&!

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:13 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Superb player end of. I couldnt give a shit what he does outside football (tv shows, music he likes), Rooney is very similar to Rio outside football and he has never been given 10% of the grief Rio gets.

He is fantastic and should be Captain next year.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Must be time for those who dislike the fella to just let it go. He's been fantastic for 2 years now, is playing injured and leading the team superbly and is about to sign a new contract with a minimum of fuss. seriously, you gotta start to give him credit, he's world class and pretty much a model pro these days.
Seeing him with Wesley and Silvestre last night highlights his quality. He really is world class.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Whalefish

His face when Gary prepared to come on was a picture.

Should have the armband though IMO.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Tiberian

Is Ferdinand the best defender that United have ever had? For me he is the best of the Fergie years by quite a margin, too young to have an opinion on player from before this era.

From recent years he is better than Pallister, Bruce and Stam. I would have him over Paul McGrath as well.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:28 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

He is one of the best centre backs in the world but that said I don't like him and never will. He is at United because the club represents his best chance of money and silverware, no matter how well he plays you can't take that fact away. I like him in the team and really would object to him being captain but he will never be a red legend in the same way as some other more committed players will be even if they are lesser in skill.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:30 AM
</forzagarza>

He really should have facial recontructive surgery

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
He is at United because the club represents his best chance of money and silverware, .
Aren't pretty much the whole squad like that though? not sure too many of our players are at the club for altruistic reasons.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:32 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Superb player end of. I couldnt give a shit what he does outside football (tv shows, music he likes), Rooney is very similar to Rio outside football and he has never been given 10% of the grief Rio gets.

He is fantastic and should be Captain next year.
rooney is £#%&! all like that wobbly gobbed @#%&!

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:33 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Aren't pretty much the whole squad like that though? not sure too many of our players are at the club for altruistic reasons.
Scholes & Neville are.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
If Newcastle United were bigger than Manchester United Wayne Rooney would be playing for them now... fact.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Barracuda

He's the best CB in the world at present by a considerable distance, and position for position arguably in the top half dozen of all players.

Obviously he's been a bit of a helmet in the past with various things, but he seems to have sorted himself out and got his arse back into gear. No disrespect to Gary Neville or Giggs, but Rio is quite plainly the captain of this team now, armband or not.

Alongside Rooney and Ronnie as being totally vital to the team, possibly even more so than both of them?

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Scholes & Neville are.
Pip left to get football. so did Nicky Butt.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Ed Sullivan

He's world class as people say. Don't know if you can call him the best centre back in the world though as it's hard to judge.

He'll never be a United legend for me personally, I don't know why exactly.

For some reason, I often think of him as a more of a Chelsea type player

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

I'm not that bothered about the captaincy, think, like Capello, it's a side issue. Whether he has the armband or not, rio is a leader and that's actually what matters.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:38 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Pip left to get football. so did Nicky Butt.
Do you believe that Neville and Butt were not transfered by management? It was pretty well known that P Nev was given that big contract by fergie as a thank you so he could command a higher wage when he was sold.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
rooney is £#%&! all like that wobbly gobbed @#%&!
They are like peas in a pod

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Manchester

Quote:
It's not cool and uber red though for people to stop slating him though, which is rather sad.

One of the best defenders in the world and our fans slag him off. If he was a @#%&! on the pitch then the stick he gets would be justified, but he's not, he's a class act.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Do you believe that Neville and Butt were not transfered by management? It was pretty well known that P Nev was given that big contract by fergie as a thank you so he could command a higher wage when he was sold.
Fair enough, I kinda agree that some of the players who came through the youth system at that time are differen than the rest but cannot see any difference between Rio and any other player we've signed in terms of his being at United for cash and trophies.
Closed Thread