United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
We do need an alternative though. We do not want to become like Arsenal and try to walk everything into the net. Saha was the option of course but his fitness problems have destroyed his career.
Indeed. He'd be perfect if he was fit. I wouldn't change the first choice attacking trio though - Ronaldo, Tevez or Rooney. I very much doubt Fergie will even when a striker is bought in the Summer.

Rooney and Tevez IMO, will be managed carefully throughout the run in because they're currently the only two strikers we have.

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:38 PM
1MUFC

You have to hand it to marlo for consistently creating threads like this that @#%&!s cant help but jump on.

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Indeed. He'd be perfect if he was fit. I wouldn't change the first choice attacking trio though - Ronaldo, Tevez or Rooney. I very much doubt Fergie will even when a striker is bought in the Summer.

Rooney and Tevez IMO, will be managed carefully throughout the run in because they're currently the only two strikers we have.
We might get a game or 2 out of Saha, he has got to be due to appear in a minute.

It's funny, but when I think of the squad position and injuries, I think of Nani, G.Nev, Fletch, Vida and even worry about Foster and Silvestre when we have plenty of cover. I never wonder, or even expect Saha to return, it's just a nice, unexpected surprise when he turns up for the warm up (only to get injured, again.)

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
You have to hand it to marlo for consistently creating threads like this that @#%&!s cant help but jump on.
nothing wrong with this thread...

i thought it was a really good goal.

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We might get a game or 2 out of Saha, he has got to be due to appear in a minute.

It's funny, but when I think of the squad position and injuries, I think of Nani, G.Nev, Fletch, Vida and even worry about Foster and Silvestre when we have plenty of cover. I never wonder, or even expect Saha to return, it's just a nice, unexpected surprise when he turns up for the warm up (only to get injured, again.)
Saha is out for the season.

No WUM

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Yes that'd be a fair assessment. Two strikers starting an away game in Europe. Yes that's happened a lot in the last few seasons.
arsenal at home? Barcelona at home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sharath, there are so many flaws in your arguments.

Also, why do you actually hate some of our players? What has Tevez done to deserve hatred? People may not rate players but there's no need for hatred, is there?

I think O' Shea is dire, ridiculously dire infact, but I don't hate him.

You are a silly £#%&!ing £#%&!er really, aren't you?

Stick to that Cricket Indian Premier League thing you @#%&!.
I don't hate them. I am saying tevez isn't good enough. didn't know that means I hate him

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Saha is out for the season.

No WUM

I thought it was 2-3 weeks, from the Pompey game?

I never consider him as 'one of the injured' anyway. The injured eventually get better and return. Even 2 weeks.

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:46 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
nothing wrong with this thread...

i thought it was a really good goal.
nice avatar

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
despite the hargreaves love in, me and the lads around us though Tevez was the best player on the park last night

Hargreaves did have a good game but at times when central let his runner go and also gave the ball away. he was at his most effective wide or when he pretty much went through the middle up front, NOT in central positions

Tevez link up play and movement was brilliant as WF said

He and Rooney are not classic straight up centre forwards and their contribution elsewhere on the pitch has been reflected a little in their goal returns. Both have still scored regularly and of equal importance so have all the players around them, often due to their work and vision

We have a balanced side and are top scorers in the league, this is no coincidence and i'd rather have that than a team set up around a RVN type player where he gets 30 but nobody else gets double figures

appreciate the way we play instead of slagging key factors in that play
Agree with all of that, thought Tevez was superb. Delighted he got the goal

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:51 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

BTW - who sprayed water on him at full time? He didn't look too impressed.
would you be impressed???

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:54 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
nice avatar
you reckon?
i was going to change it because i think a few might find it abit intimidating...

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love

I don't hate them. I am saying tevez isn't good enough. didn't know that means I hate him
You take the piss, mock and crucify him. You hate him. You are a @#%&!.

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
you reckon?
i was going to change it because i think a few might find it abit intimidating...
I've always stayed away from the accusations that are levelled at you, claiming you are a wum, but £#%&! me, I hope you are with that comment.

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Yes that'd be a fair assessment. Two strikers starting an away game in Europe. Yes that's happened a lot in the last few seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
What the £#%&! are you on about you stupid @#%&! ????

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:04 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
you reckon?

Unread 10-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Whalefish

I say again our three main attacking talents have banged in 71 goals so far this season. I am still struggling to see a striker out there, and affordable, who'll come straight in and replace Tevez. Not only replace him but have a good understanding with Rooney and Ronnie and improve on those combined 71 goals to date. The three of them have been very impressive.

Utd's interest in Benzema does seem clear but it seems very unlikely that he'll arrive in the Summer. Especially when you consider the possibility of one or two arriving to supplement our defence.

I will not be surprised if we see a striker arrive who will be an alternative to Tevez/Rooney, who'll offer something different but will not have an issue with rotation and the like. Someone who has already won an awful lot for example like Blackburn's McCarthy. A stop gap perhaps until a player like Benzema is available.

Also, and this is also worth considering IMO, are Utd going to sign a striker who may (he may not) affect Ronnie's game? Push him back out wide so to speak. I think the answer's a simple no.

I'm less concerned about the strikers for next season tbh, whoever arrives. We'll be fine. We're already very well set just one short. What concerns me more is the lack of goals from our central midfielders. That needs addressing for me.

Unread 10-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
would you be impressed???

Unread 10-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 10-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I say again our three main attacking talents have banged in 71 goals so far this season. I am still struggling to see a striker out there, and affordable, who'll come straight in and replace Tevez. Not only replace him but have a good understanding with Rooney and Ronnie and improve on those combined 71 goals to date. The three of them have been very impressive.

Utd's interest in Benzema does seem clear but it seems very unlikely that he'll arrive in the Summer. Especially when you consider the possibility of one or two arriving to supplement our defence.

I will not be surprised if we see a striker arrive who will be an alternative to Tevez/Rooney, who'll offer something different but will not have an issue with rotation and the like. Someone who has already won an awful lot for example like Blackburn's McCarthy. A stop gap perhaps until a player like Benzema is available.

Also, and this is also worth considering IMO, are Utd going to sign a striker who may (he may not) affect Ronnie's game? Push him back out wide so to speak. I think the answer's a simple no.

I'm less concerned about the strikers for next season tbh, whoever arrives. We'll be fine. We're already very well set just one short. What concerns me more is the lack of goals from our central midfielders. That needs addressing for me.
£#%&!in hell, I was wondering if anyone had been reading my posts this season

Unread 10-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Billy, folk think we need a big target man up front. They seem to ignore the fact that Utd's style of football has changed significantly since the days of Ruud.

I dont think that is true. People want to see a genuine goalscorer with a bit of pace and they want to see Rooney playing his natural role.

Some people go overboard with Tevez on this board. He is a good player, and not a great deal more. I don't see him as a long term fixture in the first 11 (I.e. next 5 years).

A player like Benzema would take this team onto another level.
Closed Thread