United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Good to see us using a Liverpool win to slag United players on the day of a CL quarter final. "Supporters":shakehead:.

Unread 09-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Good to see us using a Liverpool win to slag United players on the day of a CL quarter final. "Supporters":shakehead:.
It seems like it's more important for some people to score points on the internet than to actually support their club. Odd.

Unread 09-04-2008, 08:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
It seems like it's more important for some people to score points on the internet than to actually support their club. Odd.
Well to be fair there's at least one Gooner on this thread.

Unread 09-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I'm not going to win any top red competition but I can't fathom the thought of gloating about a Liverpool player, especially considering the context; Liverpool progress to the EC Semis and getting a dig in at a United player. Just don't understand it myself.

Unread 09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'm not going to win any top red competition but I can't fathom the thought of gloating about a Liverpool player, especially considering the context; Liverpool progress to the EC Semis and getting a dig in at a United player. Just don't understand it myself.
That's the word innit, gloating. To actually gloat about a liverpool player being in their opininion so much better than a couple of United players strikes me as odd. You could probably read an identical thread to this with many of the same points on a £#%&!ing dippers forum today?

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
That's the word innit, gloating. To actually gloat about a liverpool player being in their opininion so much better than a couple of United players strikes me as odd. You could probably read an identical thread to this with many of the same points on a £#%&!ing dippers forum today?
And if you did (see that on a liverpool forum) you'd either laugh or dismiss it as misguided excitable fandom. But when it's here it seems like it's more about; Ha I was right all along, I am the internet message board king.

Scoring points on the internet > Manchester United.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:26 AM
wiganste

The thread starter is a tedious WUM @#%&! to be fair.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:40 AM
dunk

What baffles me about this 'discussion' is that there probably isn't a single person on this board who didn't want United to sign Torres, in fact there are several, myself included, who had been banging the drum for Torres to United since before the World Cup in '06.

The point being, we know what we need and what we wanted, there is £#%&! all point saying 'I told you so' to people who have always said the same £#%&!ing thing.

Marlo is just a thick, self important @#%&!.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
The thread starter is a tedious WUM @#%&! to be fair.
Who supports Arsenal and can't be arsed going to United 'cos he'd rather spend his time and money hanging around in car parks and Frankie and Benny's. no wonder he's gloating about this.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
It's because he's a stupid £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What baffles me about this 'discussion' is that there probably isn't a single person on this board who didn't want United to sign Torres, in fact there are several, myself included, who had been banging the drum for Torres to United since before the World Cup in '06.

The point being, we know what we need and what we wanted, there is £#%&! all point saying 'I told you so' to people who have always said the same £#%&!ing thing.

Marlo is just a thick, self important @#%&!.
Simple fact was we couldn't afford Torres who is obviously an excellent player, at home at least. Instead, for a down payment less than half of Torres cost we got Tevez, who unlike Torres scored a winner at Anfield in a United dippers game this season. He is also an excellent player, though different.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Simple fact was we couldn't afford Torres who is obviously an excellent player, at home at least. Instead, for a down payment less than half of Torres cost we got Tevez, who unlike Torres scored a winner at Anfield in a United dippers game this season. He is also an excellent player, though different.
Very true, my ideal transfer business last summer included getting shut of Smith and getting Tevez and shifting Saha and bringing in Torres.

When I mentioned it to a few people it sounded utterly ridiculous, and I was quite rightly ridiculed. It would've been perfect.

However, we may not have got Anderson & Nani.

I know what I would rather have now.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:49 AM
wiganste

But this thread wasn't started about Torres>Tevez.

It was a dig at Rooney. And I ask the question. Who would honestly swap Rooney for Torres? I know I wouldn't.

Torres is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong. Ronney offers more in EVERY game though.

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Who would honestly swap Rooney for Torres? I know I wouldn't.

Not me, Rooney is my favourite player in the world. Wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Baron

Quote:
But this thread wasn't started about Torres>Tevez.

It was a dig at Rooney. And I ask the question. Who would honestly swap Rooney for Torres? I know I wouldn't.

Torres is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong. Ronney offers more in EVERY game though.
Certainly not I.

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Imo Rooney is more likely to deliver in the big games than anyone else.

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Torres is a tasty player

but with about 50% of what the Rooney man brings to the game.

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
1MUFC

Another thread deadly executed

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Crumps

One day this boy will OD on attention.

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Enjoying Insanity

If you'd take Torres over Rooney, I'd suggest you should head off down to the looney-bin and get sectioned.
Closed Thread