United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:35 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i dont see where you are going with this..

tevez is a league winner in every country he has played in, won the champions league with united and the south american equivilent.

so if we are comparing strikers by medals won, it would place tevez far ahead of berbs and im asking if you agree with that as you suggest in when comparing big zlatan to rooney.
The european cup is the biggest club trophy in the world, Tevez was exceptional in South America but the very fact that he won player of the year in almost every season he played in those leagues and in the premiership he is an effective but not totally outstanding forward shows the higher level we play at.
Ibrahimovic has played consistantly at top level clubs since he moved from Malmo as a youngster as has Rooney since he moved from Everton as a youngster, I think a simple medal comparison is the best way to do this, its the only objective way.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Anyway, as i say talk is cheap, i look forward to rooney doing his talking on the pitch.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Pete's Shoes

I know people rave about Ibrahimovic but I'm yet to see him produce the goods consistently at international/champions league level. I don't see him as often as some but he strikes me as a flat track bully.
FWIW I think Mourinho is a fantastic manager and a great character.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:39 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
The european cup is the biggest club trophy in the world, Tevez was exceptional in South America but the very fact that he won player of the year in almost every season he played in those leagues and in the premiership he is an effective but not totally outstanding forward shows the higher level we play at.
came to the premiership and kept a team up almost single handedly, next season he played for us after not having a pre season and was our best striker in what was our best football campaign since 1999.
remember him mom against barca and the only striker to finish our game in moscow.
he is outstanding.

Quote:
Ibrahimovic has played consistantly at top level clubs since he moved from Malmo as a youngster as has Rooney since he moved from Everton as a youngster, I think a simple medal comparison is the best way to do this, its the only objective way
i ask you again. can we compare tevez to berbatov and even zlatan with berbatov?

Smeggs

it's gonna be a long few days.

waynes ear's

Quote:
big zlatan : "im better than rooney"
let me guess, the arsenal supporting @#%&! that you are agrees with the overrated shower of shit you posted about?

no?

get £#%&!ed either way you attention seeking peanut headed #@&%!

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Yup, the arsenal fan's gonna be pimping inter right up 'til kick-off.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Indeed. Some will be thrilled if Utd lose on Tuesday. Lots to whinge and moan about then.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:42 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
I know people rave about Ibrahimovic but I'm yet to see him produce the goods consistently at international/champions league level. I don't see him as often as some but he strikes me as a flat track bully.
FWIW I think Mourinho is a fantastic manager and a great character.
the same can be said of rooney as only really plays near his potential in the league.

the game that happens to be on the box is usually a big game and he just puts in a decent shift in those games.

take rooney for example.

what would your average spanish football think of him after the only times they have seen him play was against spain a few years ago, anonymous against barca and eventually subbed, sent off against villerael in past seasons and average for england.

BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
chelseas best bought players - drogba and essien. both mourinho singings (20m each)

chelsea most improved players - lampard, cole and terry - all credit mourinho with instilling belief in them.

duller football means nothing. it winning that counts.
Which is why we are comparing Zlatan and Wayne by counting up medals! Glad you agree.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:

i ask you again. can we compare tevez to berbatov and even zlatan with berbatov?
I think Zlatan is the only one of the 3 never to play in a CL Final isn't he?

By the way, thought this was about him and Rooney, that's what the thread title says.?

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:45 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Yes we can, but we're not are we? We're talking about occasional genius but very hit and miss footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic and consistantly class Wayne Rooney.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:46 AM
The Watcher

European Champion
He's just a European Champion

Rooney that is, not Zlatan

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:48 AM
MUFC One Love

They're not very good at this 'mind games' stuff, are they?

Diving straight in talking shite.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:48 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Yes we can, but we're not are we? We're talking about occasional genius but very hit and miss footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic and consistantly class Wayne Rooney.
last season - 17 league goals, 5 in the champions league and goal of the tournament in euro 2008

this season - 14 league goals so far.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Whalefish

I've seen Inter three times this season and they've bored me twice.

What's their starting XI likely to be?

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

So Zlatan is better than Rooney and Jose is better than Fergie. What hope do we have? Which United player will be compared unfavourably to an Inter player or a team-mate next?

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
the same can be said of rooney as only really plays near his potential in the league.

the game that happens to be on the box is usually a big game and he just puts in a decent shift in those games.

take rooney for example.

what would your average spanish football think of him after the only times they have seen him play was against spain a few years ago, anonymous against barca and eventually subbed, sent off against villerael in past seasons and average for england.
Most Spanish teams would love Rooney in their team imo. Often does a thankless task outwide and does it well, as he's developed and got older he's now good enough to play anywhere along the forward line, whether that's out wide, as the main striker, or 'in the hole'. He's got pace and power and has always been very clever for his age, I see him just as much as a playmaker as a goal scorer, and it seems he sees himself more as a playmaker tbh.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Most Spanish teams would love Rooney in their team imo. Often does a thankless task outwide and does it well, as he's developed and got older he's now good enough to play anywhere along the forward line, whether that's out wide, as the main striker, or 'in the hole'. He's got pace and power and has always been very clever for his age, I see him just as much as a playmaker as a goal scorer, and it seems he sees himself more as a playmaker tbh.
Doing well recently either side of his injury, scoring and playing well.

Unread 23-02-2009, 10:54 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
So Zlatan is better than Rooney and Jose is better than Fergie. What hope do we have? Which United player will be compared unfavourably to an Inter player or a team-mate next?
none. only zlatan from their squad can walk into our team.
Closed Thread