United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:26 AM
Baron

That gets better every time, the touch & quick feet, then a rocket from the weaker peg - it’s rare. NQAT.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:27 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
https://twitter.com/sistoney67/statu...631888384?s=19
Makes tonight's victory all the more heroic IMO. City probably would've tried to get the game called off in our shoes.
Amazing that we’re top of the league with this Mike Bassett/2002 ROI set up.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:05 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
i'm not gonna lie, some of the football was horrendous from us, we couldn't string passes in the midfield, misplaced balls everywhere but we got over the line because we have better players and Pogba scored a worldy with his weaker foot

Martial and Shaw's chemistry was non-existent on the left, whenever Martial would show for Shaw to overlap he wouldn't and whenever Shaw tried to find Martial he was nowhere to be found

i'm not sure why Cavani got MOTM but he made some good runs off the ball, i just wish we would find him more often. AWB had a really easy chance in the 2nd half to slip him in behind and hesitated like everyone else in the team, which i don't understand. If you're going to play Cavani as the main striker you need to provide him with balls to run onto and crosses to meet in the box ffs!

Fred i though played well, especially defending, he was biting into tackles and generally applying pressure well allover midfield.

Bailly and Maguire were solid as £#%&! too, very commanding performance from both

Onwards and upwards!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ you’re an horrendous £#%&!ing bastard

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Genuinely no idea why some folk bother following united tbh.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:40 AM
BarryX

Great win. Love Cavani. He needs to be starting every Premier League game imo, just the sort of spearhead to the frontline we've been missing. Questioned the signing, but so pleased we've got him for two years. Pogba's goal Fred getting stuck in at the end, like a Jack Russel in a rabbit cage

Making of a great United team, this...

Unread 21-01-2021, 03:37 AM
shenwen

Been impressed with Fulham lately so thought it would be a tight game. Aside from last 10, it was easy enough.

Can't even look at Martial any more. Cavani had more tackles in that game than Martial has had in 1.5 seasons.

Unread 21-01-2021, 08:24 AM
puressence

was there a hour special on fred not getting penalty ?or was it overlooked cos he wasnt playing for fulham

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:34 AM
MagnificentSeven

very good result last night. we came from behind to grind a win out. the kind of result that really puts you in the mix.

pogba and shaw have been superb of late.

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:46 AM
armchair

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Genuinely no idea why some folk bother following united tbh.
At ths point its an attempted WUM. No point in even responding

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:53 PM
Tronics

Watched the game back again, revise my initial reaction although I don’t think he was MOTM, Cavani was £#%&!ing excellent!!!

The way he runs around and constantly puts defenders under pressure, then always finds a way to be open to receive the ball when we turn it over, top class he is! He got himself into some great positions the few times we counter attacked i just wish we could find him more often, balls over the top and through the defence are always on for him and we have the players to find, hopefully they sort that in training soon.

Cavani has to start more often than not as our no.9 and the rest can fight for the 2nd striker position, personally I would still play Martial just behind him or on the left as I think he’s the best of the rest

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:56 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Watched the game back again, revise my initial reaction although I don’t think he was MOTM, Cavani was £#%&!ing excellent!!!

The way he runs around and constantly puts defenders under pressure, then always finds a way to be open to receive the ball when we turn it over, top class he is! He got himself into some great positions the few times we counter attacked i just wish we could find him more often, balls over the top and through the defence are always on for him and we have the players to find, hopefully they sort that in training soon.

Cavani has to start more often than not as our no.9 and the rest can fight for the 2nd striker position, personally I would still play Martial just behind him or on the left as I think he’s the best of the rest
Love your enthusiasm

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Love your enthusiasm
yup. there's nothing better than an enthusiastic wum.

Unread 21-01-2021, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
was there a hour special on fred not getting penalty ?or was it overlooked cos he wasnt playing for fulham
And how much attention did city's goal that shouldn't have been get, especially compared to what it would have been with us in that situation?

Unread 22-01-2021, 06:40 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Not laughed at a post as much as that in ages