United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to win this season?
Europa League 16 24.24%
FA Cup 50 75.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-02-2021, 10:34 AM
jem

finish second.

either or both cups a bonus. would probably prefer fa cup, tbh. europa is a plate competition, not a cup competition, whoever is in it.

Unread 26-02-2021, 11:10 AM
utd99

Heart says cup, head says EL. We absolutely must be in the CL next year.

Unread 26-02-2021, 12:07 PM
dunk

2nd and 2 Cups. Ta.

We’re owed from last season.

Unread 26-02-2021, 04:16 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Heart says cup, head says EL. We absolutely must be in the CL next year.
this

Unread 26-02-2021, 08:36 PM
red in cumbria

FA Cup, simply to stop city from winning it.

Unread 27-02-2021, 12:42 AM
JamesPolk

Why not just win both? I want United to win as many trophies each season as possible. But given the poll I would pick the FA cup* over the UEFA Cup/Europa League** if I had to choose.

*FA Cup but its disgrace what has happened to FA cup since 1999-2000. 1) United not allowed to defend FA cup in 1999-2000 season, as United was sent to that ugly bastard of tourmenet in brazil called Club World cup. Just bolster England bid to host world cup 2006. 2) Removal of replays in the later stages. 3) Semi-finals played at the new Wemblay are shit. 4) FA cup winners only get UEFA cup/Europa League spot despite being the oldest tournament in history of football since UEFA abolished the cup winners cup.

**UEFA cup/Europa League is the ugly bastard of European tourments after UEFA abolished the Cup winners cup that nobody wants to be in, but hey if you win it you still get change to play in UEFA Super Cup, and considering that United came 3rd in CL group and United if won EL and then Super Cup United would finally higlight how stupid its of UEFA to droop the 3rd place teams in CL into EL. In my humble option if teams fails to qaulify for last 16 in CL, they should crash out UEFA tourments all together that season instead of given second change in another UEFA tourment. Just like it was in the CL group stages prior to UEFA abolishing the Cup Winners Cup at the start of the 1999-2000 season. But the ironic thing is that United would have started this season in the UEFA cup if they had finished 3rd in any season pre 1999-2000.

Unread 27-02-2021, 06:31 PM
Motown Manc

FA Cup for me. Call me a sentimentalist but that 1990 cup win got Sir Alex's tenure really going and I would love history to repeat itself with Ole's Army.

If we win at Chelsea this weekend, I think we'll finish Top 4, making the Europa less of a priority.

Unread 27-02-2021, 06:39 PM
ryanMUFC

Either.

The FA cup could be sweeter depending on who we knock out/beat in the final.

We should be going for both +second .

Unread 28-02-2021, 01:17 AM
MagnificentSeven

fa cup, but would be happy with the europa

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:33 AM
saffers

Pressed wrong, meant to vote FA CUP.

Don't think the rats will win the cl but nice to stop another domestic treble.

It really is disgusting what has happened to us.

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:40 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Why not just win both? I want United to win as many trophies each season as possible. But given the poll I would pick the FA cup* over the UEFA Cup/Europa League** if I had to choose.

*FA Cup but its disgrace what has happened to FA cup since 1999-2000. 1) United not allowed to defend FA cup in 1999-2000 season, as United was sent to that ugly bastard of tourmenet in brazil called Club World cup. Just bolster England bid to host world cup 2006. 2) Removal of replays in the later stages. 3) Semi-finals played at the new Wemblay are shit. 4) FA cup winners only get UEFA cup/Europa League spot despite being the oldest tournament in history of football since UEFA abolished the cup winners cup.

**UEFA cup/Europa League is the ugly bastard of European tourments after UEFA abolished the Cup winners cup that nobody wants to be in, but hey if you win it you still get change to play in UEFA Super Cup, and considering that United came 3rd in CL group and United if won EL and then Super Cup United would finally higlight how stupid its of UEFA to droop the 3rd place teams in CL into EL. In my humble option if teams fails to qaulify for last 16 in CL, they should crash out UEFA tourments all together that season instead of given second change in another UEFA tourment. Just like it was in the CL group stages prior to UEFA abolishing the Cup Winners Cup at the start of the 1999-2000 season. But the ironic thing is that United would have started this season in the UEFA cup if they had finished 3rd in any season pre 1999-2000.
That's a lot of typing to state the bloody obvious.

Unread 28-02-2021, 10:33 AM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
That's a lot of typing to state the bloody obvious.
FA Cup as I think it's more important than the Europa Also-rans throphy. Plus prevent a clean sweep by the berties.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
FA Cup as I think it's more important than the Europa Also-rans throphy. Plus prevent a clean sweep by the berties.
And not to go all Knockers, but that's a non-negligible consideration right now.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:47 PM
saffers

City are not good enough to win the cl.

Will be knocked out by a lyon level team.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:53 PM
AK14

Wrong thread

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:58 PM
saffers

Knock this quadruple talk on the head please.

Very overrated team. It's only cos its a shit league that they're able to win 15 in a row. Same goes for how overhyped the scousers have been. No truly legendary side starts losing 6 on the bounce at home a few months after winning the league.

I don't think the premier league has ever been weaker. Would love Fergie's take on the state of play.

Way we setup and played today is the blueprint for beating these plastics in the fa cup. We NEED a trophy.

Unread 11-03-2021, 07:43 PM
AK14

Changed my mind again

Back to ‘throw the Europa ASAP’ mindset

Unread 11-03-2021, 07:50 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Changed my mind again

Back to ‘throw the Europa ASAP’ mindset

Me too.

Not really by choice.

Unread 11-03-2021, 08:54 PM
Ronny

The manager needs top four this year, cups can wait.

Unread 11-03-2021, 08:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
The manager needs top four this year, cups can wait.
Especially this Thursday 6pm kick off cup...

Absolute waste of time time

Rest the first team for it
Closed Thread