United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:51 AM
DuanePipe

Default Re: Mark "not very" Bright in the metro

Quote:
Yes you are
I'd say giving up a long held season ticket 100% on the back of him and not even caring about who'd we'd drawn 0-0 with most recently would suggest otherwise.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:31 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
I'd say giving up a long held season ticket 100% on the back of him and not even caring about who'd we'd drawn 0-0 with most recently would suggest otherwise.
Wolves fan? Well every days a school day

ps: £#%&! off you backwards yokel @#%&!

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:37 PM
DuanePipe

Default Re: Mark "not very" Bright in the metro

It's yowkel.

As in "Yow backwards, in bred @#%&!."

Any way, Hoddle is a massive, massive God bothering mentalist and Mark Bright is a simpleton.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default Re: The Official England's Next Manager Thread

i don't see what's wrong with capello, tbh. english football is structurally inferior compared to other top european countries. changing the manager is akin to re-arranging the deckchairs on the titanic and does nothing to address the root of the problems.

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
"Rentaquote". You're tit. If the blokes asked a question what's he supposed to do, sit there like a mute ffs?
Er, well he is allowed to say 'I'm not answering that', you know.

I reckon the next manager should be Ricky Tomlinson.

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:37 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13
Prince Philip, he'll sort them out.
thats the end of james, johnson,ferdinand, cole(a), king, lennon, swp,and heskey

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:40 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i don't see what's wrong with capello, tbh. english football is structurally inferior compared to other top european countries. changing the manager is akin to re-arranging the deckchairs on the titanic and does nothing to address the root of the problems.
you can always compare it to ghana, slovakia, japan, uruguay, south korea, mexico, chile or paraguay tbh. pretty much the same conclusions.

and i kind of agree, changing the manager and changing nothing else is pointless. that's an argument to change other things, though, not to keep the manager.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Pop

FA had better act fast. He's supposedly on his way to Leicester

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
FA had better act fast. He's supposedly on his way to Leicester

You may jest but he'd unite the nation. We'd want England to go as far as they can in every competition just so we can continue to laugh at him.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You may jest but he'd unite the nation. We'd want England to go as far as they can in every competition just so we can continue to laugh at him.
Can you imagine him after the germany game. He'd have come out, in full safari gear with a mic singing "sloop john b" perched on the corpse of a lion he'd just shot.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can you imagine him after the germany game. He'd have come out, in full safari gear with a mic singing "sloop john b" perched on the corpse of a lion he'd just shot.
I could see him singing We'll Meet Again to them as they did their lap of honour.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:14 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
its probably the one thing that would make me support the national team

Unread 30-06-2010, 08:24 AM
redhegemony

I don't see why Beckham having a role as some sort of assistant is so bonkers. I don't think anyone of a different generation of footballers can probably understand the mentality and thinking of the modern player, even Pearce is a generation in front.

One of the key issues is how you get the best out of players who have a completely different set of motivations. I would think Beckham is admired by all the young players, has an amazing work ethic and frankly says the right things.

Couple him up with an older father figure who has a good tactical awareness and probably British (communication is fundamental) or someone like Wenger who has been here for a long time and understands the British mentality.

Unread 02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
toseeunited

Capello stays - FA announce!

http://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/17571793179

http://thefa.com/England/News/2010/FabioCapello_0207

Quote:
Statement on Fabio Capello

* Print
* Email

Friday, 02 July, 2010
The FA confirms that Fabio Capello will continue as England Manager.

The Football Association confirmed today that Fabio Capello will continue as England Team Manager.

This followed a meeting of the Club England Board (Sir Dave Richards, Alex Horne, Sir Trevor Brooking and Adrian Bevington) and formal approval by The FA main Board.

The Club England Board considered all aspects of England’s performance and operations at the FIFA World Cup, and it was unanimously agreed that Fabio is the best man to continue managing the England team.

Club England Chairman Sir Dave Richards said: “We are all still extremely disappointed at our performance in South Africa, and we believed it was important that we took some time to reflect on everything in a calm and considered manner back in England. After fully discussing our performance we remain convinced that Fabio is the best man for the job.

“He went into the World Cup with a reputation as one of World football’s finest managers and we are confident Fabio will benefit from his first international tournament experience and this will undoubtedly make us all stronger for the Euro 2012 campaign.”

FA Board Acting Chairman Roger Burden commented: “The FA Board supports this decision. It is the right decision and will allow us now to rebuild for the future with Fabio leading us forward.”

England Manager Fabio Capello said: "I am more determined than ever to succeed with the England team.

"Sir Dave Richards has called me to tell me everyone at The FA wants me to continue. I explained it is very important we use the disappointment as a motivation in the future.

"I can assure the fans I am now fully focused on our European qualifying fixtures, starting with the friendly against Hungary in August.

"We will look to introduce new players to give the team new energy and I will use all my experience to take England forward.

"I am extremely proud to be the England Manager, it means so much to me and I am determined to succeed."

Unread 02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
They've done this so he'll walk and they don't need to pay him any compo. I bet he's not in charge for England's next game. You can £#%&! me off if I'm wrong.

Unread 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM
dunk

He is the best and only man for the job.

they just need to alter his remit and forego short term success () and aim for long term re-structuring.

They won't though. There is too much money to be lost in risking any potential involvement in Euro 2012.

Unread 02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
RedMenace

Hope he £#%&!s out JT now

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:29 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He is the best and only man for the job.

they just need to alter his remit and forego short term success () and aim for long term re-structuring.

They won't though. There is too much money to be lost in risking any potential involvement in Euro 2012.

a) that's not the england manager's job
b) they have now and have had in the past people who have attempted to do what you suggest - howard wilkinson's (iirc) charter for excellence was serious, sensible and extremely prescient, and was dumped on the scrap heap. trevor brooking is a good man trying to do what's needed and is being ignored, marginalised and undercut at every turn

as you say, they're not interested in improving english football. they're interested in the premier league 'product' and the kudos of running a world cup. the national side can go £#%&! itself as far as they're concerned.

Unread 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
a) that's not the england manager's job
b) they have now and have had in the past people who have attempted to do what you suggest - howard wilkinson's (iirc) charter for excellence was serious, sensible and extremely prescient, and was dumped on the scrap heap. trevor brooking is a good man trying to do what's needed and is being ignored, marginalised and undercut at every turn

as you say, they're not interested in improving english football. they're interested in the premier league 'product' and the kudos of running a world cup. the national side can go £#%&! itself as far as they're concerned.
Indeed. The FA is just a bunch of greedy men all trying to make as much money as they can while the going is good.

They've got a 'product' to market and they'll be £#%&!ed if they're going to waste money on things like schools of excellence to produce talent for the next 20 years. Where's the immediate pay-off it that?
Closed Thread