United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Spiffy

Default The Official England's Next Manager Thread

We've won £#%&! all in years, something needs to change and people are saying it's the managers fault. So we get rid of a manager who is internationally recognised as one of the worlds best, someone who has won league titles and European Cups and replace him with someone better. We need someone proven, reliable, who is a safe pair of hands but also someone who has the edge needed to get the best out of the players. Who do you have in mind? Who do the press have in mind?

Well according to The Sun, it should be David Beckham. Yep, I know.

The official FT ratingometer is saying this has only a 1.2 out of 10 chance of happening.

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Sparky***

Default Re: The Official England's Next Manager Thread

It should probably be hodgson. Doesn't matter though the players are still shit.

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Sandman

Hodgson or Coppell would do a good job.

M-13

Prince Philip, he'll sort them out.

Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It should probably be hodgson. Doesn't matter though the players are still shit.
They should give it Hodgson but tell everyone whatever happens, he's in the job for 8 years. Binning the manager after every tournament is not the answer. I'm sure with proper backing and time, Capello would do a great job. Hodgson too.

Unread 29-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Stone Monkey

Harry Redknapp.

Unread 29-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Smurf

King Kev or Big Sam for me

What you get:

PASSION
MOTIVATION
PRIDE IN THE SHIRT
Most importantly
ENGLISHNESS

He's not some greasy foreigner and knows what it means to be English.

Unread 29-06-2010, 04:49 AM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
King Kev or Big Sam for me

What you get:

PASSION
MOTIVATION
PRIDE IN THE SHIRT
Most importantly
Irish

He's not some greasy foreigner and knows what it means to be cork, boy.
Roy Keane.

Perfect for the job ;

Unread 29-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Stickman

Marlo

Just imagine the squad bants - theyd walk it 2012.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:27 AM
waynes ear's

Default Mark "not very" Bright in the metro

"he's available, and he's english, so why not consider him?"

Talking about Glenn Hoddle replacing Capello

What is this guy on? Because at half 7 in the morning, i'd love a bit of it

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:32 AM
borsuk

they could do a lot worse than allardyce imo

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:33 AM
thatsfuctit

Default Re: Mark "not very" Bright in the metro

Some of the punditry is terrible, I bitched about Bobby Gould earlier in the tournament but I had talkshite on again yesterday for theholland Slovakia game and lost count of how many times he called dirk kuyt , dick van dyke , no wum, the guy is a #@&%!

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:37 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: Mark "not very" Bright in the metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Some of the punditry is terrible, I bitched about Bobby Gould earlier in the tournament but I had talkshite on again yesterday for theholland Slovakia game and lost count of how many times he called dirk kuyt , dick van dyke , no wum, the guy is a #@&%!
ffs

Mark Bright is terrible, the way he shouts when he's talking and states the obvious is ridiculous.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:39 AM
MUFC One Love

I honestly think the new manager should rip it all up and start again, start playing Adam Johnson, Rodwell etc all regularly. I think people like Cattermole would also be decent. England are going no-where with their current team/squad. You only have to see Keane's recent interview to see how shit the England team is when he goes through the players one by one.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I honestly think the new manager should rip it all up and start again, start playing Adam Johnson, Rodwell etc all regularly. I think people like Cattermole would also be decent. England are going no-where with their current team/squad. You only have to see Keane's recent interview to see how shit the England team is when he goes through the players one by one.
I heard David Pleat of all people on Radio five the other day saying something similar about fast tracking these young players, he mentioned Cleverley as well. We have got some good young players, we may as well get them involved with the squad. They just need the right coach.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
We've won £#%&! all in years
The team that matter won 3 league championships, the european cup and 2 carling cups in recent years, narrowly missing out on 4th (and 19th overall) last season.

£#%&! England. For all the playing talent, they are £#%&!ing shit together, and unless the so called "golden generation" is hung out to dry, they will continue to be utterly shit.

oh, and £#%&! what Roy "rentaquote" Keane says. He's a £#%&!ing #@&%! and should concentrate on his own business.

Unread 29-06-2010, 08:07 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
oh, and £#%&! what Roy "rentaquote" Keane says. He's a £#%&!ing #@&%! and should concentrate on his own business.
"Rentaquote". You're tit. If the blokes asked a question what's he supposed to do, sit there like a mute ffs?

Unread 29-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Mr_Ed

Hodgson is off to the verms....

It'll be 'Big Arry' - TBFThink he can motivate the players and would love to do the job.

Unread 29-06-2010, 08:13 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
"Rentaquote". You're tit. If the blokes asked a question what's he supposed to do, sit there like a mute ffs?
He's asked the question because the press know he's a £#%&!ing gobshite and will give them plenty of column inches

Unread 29-06-2010, 08:24 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
He's asked the question because the press know he's a £#%&!ing gobshite and will give them plenty of column inches
Everything he's said is bang on though
Closed Thread