Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
believe

Default Re: veron regrets leaving united

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Nope.
so in all your many (many) years of watching football Verons performance against Everton on the first day of the season was the best you've ever seen?

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
yup, who can forget carrick's energy, anticipation in tracking back olic against bayern.

berbatov's job is to find space for other players? ffs
you understand that berbatov is centre forward? his job isn't to track back or break up attacks when we don't have the ball.

he finds space to offer an out, a pass for his team mates. its pretty simple stuff

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
he made a mistake but he was £#%&!ing there

do you think veron would have been?

plops, i really think veron brought the worst out in beckham too. it clearly irked his ego and he used to try and out pass him in the long ball stakes instead of getting forward and getting crosses in. Felt sorry for RVN with what he was having pinged at him head height week in week out
dont bring rvn into it or i will have a melt down. I get emotional about them two.

i would not blame veron for becks style change i do agree they may have tried to out pass each other. Beckham in his last season was side tracked hence why fergie £#%&!ed them both off. It just shows you that on paper that squad was looking as close to perfect as we could have dreamed of on the pitch it was a £#%&!ing joke, city away perfect example.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
so in all your many (many) years of watching football Verons performance against Everton on the first day of the season was the best you've ever seen?
That's what he said, I saw it.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:16 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
dont bring rvn into it or i will have a melt down. I get emotional about them two.

i would not blame veron for becks style change i do agree they may have tried to out pass each other. Beckham in his last season was side tracked hence why fergie £#%&!ed them both off. It just shows you that on paper that squad was looking as close to perfect as we could have dreamed of on the pitch it was a £#%&!ing joke, city away perfect example.
i'm not blaming veron, but beckham reacted

we were at our best with Neville getting forward on the overlap or getting beckham on the ball wide and deep in their half. Got to the point where beckham would come and get it off nev in the RB position advance towards the halfway line then launch it

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
wee man

Quote:
wasn't the first day of the season. Imho - yes. What's yours ?

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
he made a mistake but he was £#%&!ing there

do you think veron would have been?

plops, i really think veron brought the worst out in beckham too. it clearly irked his ego and he used to try and out pass him in the long ball stakes instead of getting forward and getting crosses in. Felt sorry for RVN with what he was having pinged at him head height week in week out

whoa....I'm not a Veronophile

Carrick > Luxury Argie till the break of dawn baby

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Neil Webb against Arsenal....just shaded it from Michael Knighton

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:22 PM
believe

Quote:
not having a go weeman i just think it's strange that that is yours. keane at juve 99 for me or fat ronaldo v us

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
wee man

Quote:
not having a go weeman i just think it's strange that that is yours. keane at juve 99 for me or fat ronaldo v us
I wasn't at either of those. I did say - in the flesh.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
believe

Quote:
I wasn't at either of those. I did say - in the flesh.
right nice one

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:26 PM
wee man

Quote:
right nice one
I thought so as well.

Unread 09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Juninho and Anderson to name two
Anderson a sensation. You don't half talk some shite sometimes. 'A sensation' ffs.

Unread 09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
The fact remains he was shite for us and we were a worse team when he played

Unread 09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Sloppy

My mate realised when we got to the turnstile for this match his ticket was on his couch.

Unread 09-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Frankthemanc

Saw Veron play in the Club World Cup thingy in Abu Dhabi before Xmas - Estudiante v Barca in the final. He was superb for the first 75 or so minutes and tired purely through the efforts he had put in up to that point. One of the best players on the pitch by far, which included Messi, who he helped to keep reasonably quiet. He was playing some great passes, but also really getting stuck into the Barca midfield and breaking things up. Covered almost every blade of grass - said to the lad with me that it was as if he saw it as his chance to show the European clubs what they were missing. He looked very much like the type of player we need - creative but with added steel & a nuisance factor...but...he is probably capable of two such games per season!

Unread 09-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Sloppy

Unread 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I alaways remember his last game for us after it had been announced he was joining Chelsea, we were on the US tour and he went out and put in an amazing performance against Juventus.....I know it was only a friendly but he looked what he was was, one of the best players in the world.....just not for us.
that pass

Unread 09-06-2010, 07:08 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
got mixed feelings about what he brought to the team but i loved watching him, genuine world class was seba.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...eron-argentina
he should have tried harder the soft @#%&!.

Unread 09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
I can't believe that was nearly ten years ago

Also reminds me of what a £#%&!ing shite keeper that little @#%&! was, and how he cost us what would have been another CL
Don't get me started on that @#%&!...

West Ham
Deportivo
Arsenal away...
Closed Thread