Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Ginners

Default Re: Best Ever Premiership XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Fergie signed Bebe.

One-on-one with keeper to slot home and win the league. Which one do you want on the ball, Ole or Cole?
depends how many chances cole had in the game, if hed missed 4 decent chances id have him all day. otherwise ole. but then thats not the question

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:37 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
depends how many chances cole had in the game, if hed missed 4 decent chances id have him all day.

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:41 PM
PaulParkers

Gins you're being a right %@#$&! tonight ffs

Rio and Vidic Rio possibly but are you not forgetting Daisy and Dolly as well as Stam?

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Argentina

You're talking about getting Cole in front of goal. What about Cole's movement to create a chance.

Cantona has to be in the Premiership XI. Like someone said 5 titles and 2 FA Cups in 5 seasons where he played the full season - desperately missed in the season he missed.

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:51 PM
safingtons

Has to be Ruud in a United Xi, even though I dont like him and the football wasnt the best, individually he had a great time at the club.

Ruud and Cantona sounds about right, Rooney will eclipse both hopefully if he keeps his eyes on the prize.

Will give the rest of my team later.

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Gins you're being a right %@#$&! tonight ffs

Rio and Vidic Rio possibly but are you not forgetting Daisy and Dolly as well as Stam?
daisy and dolly, they dont get in the team for having gay as £#%&! nicknames. can you imagine vidic being called daisy? hed bite your face off for suggesting it.

stam is 3rd choice, he wasnt really around long enough to warranty being in the 11. imo.

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:58 PM
borsuk

Quote:
No, not defensive. Cantona, as a man, was unreal. Difficult to explain but when he was in the side he frightened teams not only because of his talent but also because he was hard a £#%&! and massive. He also brought something else out of his team mates around him. He instilled confidence in them.

But as a player; he was unbelievable. He may not have Champ Manager stats or have won the golden boot but he was involved in EVERYTHING that United did in an attack during his time at the club and you have to bear in mind we were a lot more attacking back then. Everything went through him and we used to £#%&!ing spank teams So whilst it may not be recorded as him getting the final ball prior to a goal, I can pretty much guarantee he had a hand in it somewhere.

And those pens
this ^

cantona was remarkable, a transformative and inspirational man. not have him in the team? he'd be captaining it ffs.

united have dominated the premier league to a remarkable degree. much as it will pain non-united supporters, this will inevitably be reflected in such a list.

obvious (uncontested imo) united players would be:

schmikes
neville
irwin
stam
scholes
keane
giggs
cantona
van nistelrooy
ronaldo

that's ten. rio would have a good case to be the 11th if not for his injury troubles. bruce, pallister, carvalho, vidic, adams would be contenders for the last centre half spot.

to a non-united supporter that list probably looks ridiculously biased. but consider who you would replace there. shearer instead of van nistelrooy? really? gerrard in place of keane? arf. cole instead of irwin? only if you've never seen denis play.

the fact is, united have dominated the premier league era and have provided the outstanding players in every position for a decade. there has been no comparable left-sided player to giggs, no player within a mile of scholes as a central midfielder, and so on and so on. there have been some great players - henry, shearer, bergkamp, a cole, southall etc - but every one is just lacking compared to the names above.

imo.

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:02 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
this ^

cantona was remarkable, a transformative and inspirational man. not have him in the team? he'd be captaining it ffs.

united have dominated the premier league to a remarkable degree. much as it will pain non-united supporters, this will inevitably be reflected in such a list.

obvious (uncontested imo) united players would be:

schmikes
neville
irwin
stam
scholes
keane
giggs
cantona
van nistelrooy
ronaldo

that's ten. rio would have a good case to be the 11th if not for his injury troubles. bruce, pallister, carvalho, vidic, adams would be contenders for the last centre half spot.

to a non-united supporter that list probably looks ridiculously biased. but consider who you would replace there. shearer instead of van nistelrooy? really? gerrard in place of keane? arf. cole instead of irwin? only if you've never seen denis play.

the fact is, united have dominated the premier league era and have provided the outstanding players in every position for a decade. there has been no comparable left-sided player to giggs, no player within a mile of scholes as a central midfielder, and so on and so on. there have been some great players - henry, shearer, bergkamp, a cole, southall etc - but every one is just lacking compared to the names above.

imo.
Can't disagree tbh.

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:03 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
daisy and dolly, they dont get in the team for having gay as £#%&! nicknames. can you imagine vidic being called daisy? hed bite your face off for suggesting it.

stam is 3rd choice, he wasnt really around long enough to warranty being in the 11. imo.
vidic being hard is one of the biggest myths in football. the blokes a @#%&!.

I think it was started on here before anyone even saw him play becuase they decided with his wonky face and big hands he's got to be hard. In that case me Nan's a £#%&!ing gladiator.

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
vidic being hard is one of the biggest myths in football. the blokes a @#%&!.

I think it was started on here before anyone even saw him play becuase they decided with his wonky face and big hands he's got to be hard. In that case me Nan's a £#%&!ing gladiator.
Is that why everyone say's Ste's nails?

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:06 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
shearer instead of van nistelrooy? really?
Really.

Loved Ruud and his goalscoring record is phenomenal but unfortunately Shearer was better. We're biased. Non-reds wouldn't consider Ruud for a 'best premier league' side whereas all would include Scholes, Giggs, Keane, etc...

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:07 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Is that why everyone say's Ste's nails?
Probs. Ste's a fanny. I bully him into putting me bins out on a Weds night. He'll be out there now

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Probs. Ste's a fanny. I bully him into putting me bins out on a Weds night. He'll be out there now
Sounds like you'll be getting put out with them

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:10 PM
PaulParkers

Talking Re: Best Ever Premiership XI

Quote:
Sounds like you'll be getting put out with them

Mods - delete my post above please

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Ginners

what about worst utd 11? need to have played 20+ games

van der gouw

berg
may
blanc
fortune

kleberson
djeba djemba
poborsky
cruyff

bellion
forlan

struggled for a left back, probably a few worse players ive forgotten

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
what about worst utd 11? need to have played 20+ games

van der gouw

berg
may
blanc
fortune

kleberson
djeba djemba
poborsky
cruyff

bellion
forlan

struggled for a left back, probably a few worse players ive forgotten
Van Der Gouiw? Decent number 2 for a while. Much worse keepers, although maybe you're 20 games things gets you a pass.

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Van Der Gouiw? Decent number 2 for a while. Much worse keepers, although maybe you're 20 games things gets you a pass.
put that in there to stop the obvious taibi

bosnich was close the fat lump

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:20 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Can't disagree tbh.
please try

suedeshoes - i think van nistelrooy was a superior player in his general play, at least pre-injury. his scoring record is actually better than shearer's:
shearer for newcastle - 148 in 303 (almost 1 in 2)
rvn for united - 95 in 150 (almost 2 in 3)

shearer had an outstanding record for blackburn - 112 in 138 - but, again, rvn's record at psv is better - an astonishing 62 in 67 at a time when the dutch league was still a good standard.

rvn all the way for me.

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
please try

suedeshoes - i think van nistelrooy was a superior player in his general play, at least pre-injury. his scoring record is actually better than shearer's:
shearer for newcastle - 148 in 303 (almost 1 in 2)
rvn for united - 95 in 150 (almost 2 in 3)

shearer had an outstanding record for blackburn - 112 in 138 - but, again, rvn's record at psv is better - an astonishing 62 in 67 at a time when the dutch league was still a good standard.

rvn all the way for me.
While I agree, just to play devil's advocate, ruud always played in a better team.

Unread 22-09-2010, 09:30 PM
suedeshoes

Cant argue with their records Borsuk but I just think that, putting my United bias to one side, Shearer was a more complete striker than Ruud in terms of the variety of goals he scored and the way he could be deployed in a front line. Can't stand the man but Shearer was a magnificent centre-forward. Big 'if' but if Shearer had been on the end of Giggs and Beckham's deliveries he'd have scored 60 a season.
Closed Thread