United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:37 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default The omens are good

we didn't take our full allocation for the semi-final in Turin either

I know we have all said it's the league that counts more than anything else, and it still is, by a long way...........BUT....we are 90 minutes from the European Cup Final, I can still remember how I felt when we lost on away goals to those £#%&!in @#%&!s in Leverkusen and they played YNWA on a loop over the tannoy just to piss us even more

it's payback time on Wednesday for that and those @#%&!s lying down to the Scousers in Istanbul

you just know we'll get to the final and Scholes will get booked

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Ed Sullivan

how many were we allocated and how many are we taking?

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:43 PM
£#%&! KFC

can't remember but we only had 4,000 or less there and we defo sent tickets back, combination of people couldn't afford it because of all the games that season and some thinking we were out after the first leg

have heard we will only have 4,500 there Wednesday but think maybe that's all we were allowed after the clampdowns by Italian FA

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:46 PM
class of 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
we didn't take our full allocation for the semi-final in Turin either

I know we have all said it's the league that counts more than anything else, and it still is, by a long way...........BUT....we are 90 minutes from the European Cup Final, I can still remember how I felt when we lost on away goals to those £#%&!in @#%&!s in Leverkusen and they played YNWA on a loop over the tannoy just to piss us even more

it's payback time on Wednesday for that and those @#%&!s lying down to the Scousers in Istanbul

you just know we'll get to the final and Scholes will get booked
yea I remember that too, and you giving me shit on RI at the time,
until I told you to scroll back and read what I had said in a previous thread.

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

sorry mate, I was a bit for about three months after that £#%&!in Leverkusen game, am still not really over it

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:53 PM
class of 68

Quote:

sorry mate, I was a bit for about three months after that £#%&!in Leverkusen game, am still not really over it

I think we all were at the time mate, I seem to remember plent of shit flying around from everyone on there at the time. It was one hell of a bastard come down that's for sure. Still we had some fun in Cologne after the game .

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

I don't have any idea what you are talking about

Unread 30-04-2007, 06:57 PM
TreeFiddy

Some more good omens.

In 99, Charlton were relegated from the Premier League and Sunderland were promoted to the top flight.

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:00 PM
£#%&! KFC

like it

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Tiberian

Some how the pressure for this game does not seem as big as for previous semi's.

Back in the 90's doing well in Europe was all about getting respect for our team across Europe. English football was looked down upon, and Utd were the only team capable of living with the top Euro sides.

Now, the premiership is re-established as one of the top leagues in Europe, if you are a top player in england you are genuinely proving yourself in one of the best leagues around, European success does not seem as crucial as it was back in the 90's when at time sit seemed that if we went out of Europe all the enthusiasm went out of the fans and the team. can not see that occurring now. Hopefully this releases the players to really show their ability, a special away performance in a big game has been a long time coming in Europe.

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:03 PM
TreeFiddy

99 was of course the season where United right midfielder Beckham had to come back from the World Cup and endure criticism and blame for England's failures. He went on to have his best ever season.

2007 saw United right midfielder Ronaldo return to England after the World Cup and endure blame for England's failure. He's had his best season to date.

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

and in 99 Citeh were shite, their fans were revolting and they were about to sack their manager.........doesn't really work that one

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:07 PM
TreeFiddy

1999 - Bolton appoint Allardyce as manager at the end of the 99 season.

2007 - Allardyce resigns as Bolton manager at the end of the 07 season.

Ooooh.

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

copenhagen.

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

good shout on Copenhagen, apart from the score obviously

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:28 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Another omen. I started a new job on the Monday before we last won the league.

I started a new job today.

edit not related to 99 I've just realised but still an Omen

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:32 PM
£#%&! KFC

nice one, didn't know you were starting new job, shame you won't be working beside Elaine any more

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Gizza

theres the sad omens too:

April 99 - two sad loners shoot dead 12 people at a school in Colorado

April 07 - one sad loner shoots 32 people dead at a Uni in Virginia

April/March 99 - Rod Hull falls to his death whilst watching United - Inter Milan

April 07 - Alan Ball suffers a heart attack and dies after watching united play AC Milan.

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Wez

Quote:
nice one, didn't know you were starting new job, shame you won't be working beside Elaine any more
He has me working beside him instead

Unread 30-04-2007, 07:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

just watch where he puts his stickers Wez
Closed Thread