United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the Premier League?
Man United 29 80.56%
Arse 1 2.78%
Chelsea 1 2.78%
Everton 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-02-2008, 10:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So, who do you think will win the Premier League?

I've thought all along we would and though I was less confident after the siddy debacle, I still think so.

Unread 26-02-2008, 10:19 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Everton, looking good and hitting form just at the right time.

They could win it on the last day at Arsenal

Unread 26-02-2008, 10:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Everton, looking good and hitting form just at the right time.

They could win it on the last day at Arsenal
I'm starting to think they are actually gonna get 4th. Didn't realise they had Arse late in the season, that's good news for us.

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Bishovetz

Default Can't wait till that fat lady sings.

Fear is the key!

Arse get knocked out against AC. Pressure mounts on them as the Prem's their last chance of silverware.

We beat Arse at home and get at least a draw at Chelsea and we should finish top.

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:12 AM
believe

Wheres the City option?

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishovetz
Fear is the key!

Arse get knocked out against AC. Pressure mounts on them as the Prem's their last chance of silverware.

We beat Arse at home and get at least a draw at Chelsea and we should finish top.
Strange turn of events from a coupla weeks ago when they had it won eh?

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Barca '91

I've never been so confident about us winning a championship and not even the cITEH result had my confidence faltering. Everything just seems 'right' to me...I keep forgetting that we are still 3 points behind. It's as if we are 7/8 points clear which is a bit odd...

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Harri Jaffa

I don't feel confident at all

I still think Chelsea and Arsenal will be pushing until the last couple of games

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:43 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I don't feel confident at all

I still think Chelsea and Arsenal will be pushing until the last couple of games
£#%&! me is this why you need to know about the relegation points?

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
I've never been so confident about us winning a championship and not even the cITEH result had my confidence faltering. Everything just seems 'right' to me...I keep forgetting that we are still 3 points behind. It's as if we are 7/8 points clear which is a bit odd...
I'm not THAT confident, still think there'll be a few twists and turns to come. What's a bit surprising is that there's not one vote for Arsenal after all those "woe is me" posts guaranteeing them the title and saying they'd not drop another point only a coupla weeks back on here.

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Arsenal.

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm not THAT confident, still think there'll be a few twists and turns to come. What's a bit surprising is that there's not one vote for Arsenal after all those "woe is me" posts guaranteeing them the title and saying they'd not drop another point only a coupla weeks back on here.
yet 2 for everton

Unread 26-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
£#%&! me is this why you need to know about the relegation points?

Nope - It's not connected

Just reckon Chelsea will pull their socks up after the CC that's all.

Not so sure about Arsenal, but a couple of wins and they could well be fine as well

Chickens, counting etc

Unread 26-02-2008, 12:11 PM
wiganste

Wigan away on the last day of the season is going to be mental if we need summat.

Unread 26-02-2008, 12:39 PM
MJ Ramone

I thought we were going to win it quite comfortably, but the City performance & result really knocked my confidence.

I do think we're the best side & the strongest squad, but I'm naturally pessimisstic. I never dare to predict anything until it's in the bag.

The trouble with us this season is despite how well we played on Saturday I'm still not relaxed about the Fulham game this weekend.
It's always a tough game down there.
Our form this season has been really good.....but we always look like we've got a shocking performance in us (City, West Ham, Bolton)
That's largely down to team selection & lack of striking alternatives in my opinion.

Arsenal are probably still favourites because they have the 3pt lead.
I also expect them to get a score-draw in the San Siro so I don't think they'll suffer a Champions League exit slump just yet.

We've got some really tough games left. We need to go on a run now & win say 6 or 7 League games on the spin.
If we do that I think we will win the Title.

Unread 26-02-2008, 12:47 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
We've got some really tough games left. We need to go on a run now & win say 6 or 7 League games on the spin.
If we do that I think we will win the Title.
Agree with that. I think if we take maximum points between now and the Arsenal game (5 matches I think), we'll possibly be top of the League when those @#%&!s come to OT.

However, this season has been strange. Our poor performances seem to come out of no ware. Like you, I think Fulham will give us a tough game. With Lyon coming to town a few days after, I worry we may rest too many players and drop needless points. Hopefully, that won't be the case.

Unread 26-02-2008, 12:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Agree with that. I think if we take maximum points between now and the Arsenal game (5 matches I think), we'll possibly be top of the League when those @#%&!s come to OT.

However, this season has been strange. Our poor performances seem to come out of no ware. Like you, I think Fulham will give us a tough game. With Lyon coming to town a few days after, I worry we may rest too many players and drop needless points. Hopefully, that won't be the case.
Yeah, that's my concern too.
Fulham always seem to hold us to a 1-1 for some reason (Yeah I know we won at the death there last season)
They'll be up for it. It's their biggest game of the season ( just like every £#%&!er else)
Maybe go with the same side as the Newcastle game?..It'd make sense.

Good shout about the Arsenal game. If we can win every game going into that fixture I expect us to be at least level with them when they come to Old Trafford.

Unread 26-02-2008, 12:53 PM
believe

will people please stop clicking everton it's not funny

Unread 26-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

Everton

Unread 26-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Rhodzy

I reckon arsenal unfortunately.
Closed Thread