United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:36 AM
forwardirektion

Default Director of football

Restructuring under way. New club secretary and it looks like we will be getting a director of football.

Jose will either be pleased he doesn’t have to deal with ed or feel undermined and have a breakdown

Probably both tbf

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Albert Tatlock

Director of football ?

Fergie surely ?

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:39 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Director of football ?

Fergie surely ?
No way.
It’s sorting transfers. “No value Jose, feel free to quit and we’ll give it giggsie”

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:41 AM
denis lawless

Should be someone off Fred.....%@#$&! deep in sages on here

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:43 AM
guerreiro

Bloody love that job, how hard can it be?

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
No way.
It’s sorting transfers. “No value Jose, feel free to quit and we’ll give it giggsie”

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:07 AM
92ToBury

Unless the manager is in full control of transfers, there's a danger of a disconnect, backstabbing, abdication of responsibility for failure, etc.

Are there any more details behind it, in terms of the director of football's remit?

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:12 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

Are there any more details behind it, in terms of the director of football's remit?
I believe its something like..

Grey skies are gonna clear up
Put on a happy face
Brush off the clouds and cheer up
Put on a happy face

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:26 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Unless the manager is in full control of transfers, there's a danger of a disconnect, backstabbing, abdication of responsibility for failure, etc.

No change there then...

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:28 AM
AK14

We were linked with a sporting director from Atletico not long after we hired Mou. I think it’s definitely the way forward but can’t see José being ok with it tbh?

Need someone at board level who knows what they’re doing and has a clear plan for the future.

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We were linked with a sporting director from Atletico not long after we hired Mou. I think it’s definitely the way forward but can’t see José being ok with it tbh?

Need someone at board level who knows what they’re doing and has a clear plan for the future.
Poch

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Wellinever

Default Triumvirate at the top!

Director of Footbal, is just what's needed, a third senior person to ''hold the ring' between Mourihno and Woodward. It's needed to balance immediate playing concerns, the financial capability and the long term direction of the club. At the moment Jose needs to focus on the here and now football and players, Woodward on building the financial strength of the club, with sponsorship and transfer-market capability.

The Directors job could be seen as two-fold, one keep the peace (i.e. holding the ring) between Jose and Ed and long term, to ensure the fundamental elements of clubs foundations is maintained, e.g. giving a chance to youth, aiming for entertaining as well as successful football, developing overall facilities, including the ground and fan facilities and a progression towards a meaningful transfer system of scouting, recruiting and embedding top talent in the club.

Long over due, IMO should have been implemented after SAF stepped down.

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:48 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Director of Footbal, is just what's needed, a third senior person to ''hold the ring' between Mourihno and Woodward. It's needed to balance immediate playing concerns, the financial capability and the long term direction of the club. At the moment Jose needs to focus on the here and now football and players, Woodward on building the financial strength of the club, with sponsorship and transfer-market capability.

The Directors job could be seen as two-fold, one keep the peace (i.e. holding the ring) between Jose and Ed and long term, to ensure the fundamental elements of clubs foundations is maintained, e.g. giving a chance to youth, aiming for entertaining as well as successful football, developing overall facilities, including the ground and fan facilities and a progression towards a meaningful transfer system of scouting, recruiting and embedding top talent in the club.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:03 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Poch
Could be pal in the future pal

I’d still like to have someone above him and just let him concerntrate on managing the first team

You see it all over Europe where more often than not it seems like an ex player of the club gets the role?

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Could be pal in the future pal

I’d still like to have someone above him and just let him concerntrate on managing the first team

You see it all over Europe where more often than not it seems like an ex player of the club gets the role?
David May it is then....

#Mayback

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:05 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
David May it is then....

#Mayback

Pure would be happy.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever

I agree, but then you would have had* to give it to Fergie

*I'm sure that's not correct grammatically...I'm losing my English

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Buck

New secretary

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:17 AM
dunk

Deffo need other football people involved, preferrably people with knowledge and contacts that are applicable to the modern game.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Deffo need other football people involved, preferrably people with knowledge and contacts that are applicable to the modern game.
Is that the job advertisement?
Closed Thread