Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2016, 08:51 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Carlos Tevez for me

And i'm not even joking.

Sue me, punch me, whatever. He still has a lot to offer, has big game mentality, knows our league....

Redemption season

Unread 08-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Purely thinking goals mate.

He'd get 20 all comps even as a role player, facts.

I honestly hate the @#%&!, & he's finished as a 'top' player earlier than Rooney is.

Unread 08-08-2016, 08:52 PM
BobJones

Unread 08-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Buck

Tevez didn't get 20 goals in either of his two years here when he was young and fit.

Unread 08-08-2016, 08:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I honestly hate the @#%&!, & he's finished as a 'top' player earlier than Rooney is.
Wasn't he top scorer in Italy and playing in a CL final 12 months ago? Rooney's been shot for 4 years

Agreed though. Think he only got about 10 in his 2nd season here doing exactly what saffers described...

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Kangared

Suarez , would allow Zlatan to play deeper & put this nasty little £#%&!er up top , fantastic player & would be worth 100 million just to piss the scousers off

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Billy Redface

Experienced, composed CB..

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:26 PM
dunk

Why would you want Zlatan deeper? surely, ideally, whoever is in the number 10 position or the deeper lying forward should be someone capable of helping out in midfield, carrying the ball, sparking counters, beat a man to create space, pick a pass and get beyond the front man? That's not Zlat. Zlat is your goal poaching battering ram, obvs much more than just that, but that's his best role, holding up the ball and getting in the box.

Neither Zlat nor Rooney really works as a deep lying forward/No.10 for me..

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Experienced, composed CB..
This. The Greek.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

we are overloaded with midfielder...most of who are shit

so we need one above a centre-half....Bailly's a beast and with Smalling and a couple of quality kids we are fine....I'd keep Jones just for the Europa Leage and League Cup, although obviously he'll be £#%&!ing injured by next week

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Vedder

Right back.

Cannot handle a season of timid tony smashing hit and hope crosses into the box.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Right back.

Cannot handle a season of timid tony smashing hit and hope crosses into the box.
Yeah, was £#%&!ing terrible watching him smash them in against Galatasaray and Leicester tbf

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Mark Corrigan

Default this guy

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Right back.

I'd totally given up on the lad but his last two performances have been excellent.

Marlon Van Baron

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, was £#%&!ing terrible watching him smash them in against Galatasaray and Leicester tbf

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Coracao

Pjanic would have been a top signing.

Can't say there are many midfielders who really stand-out, and are attainable.

Definitely need far better quality in there if we are to compete at the top end in Europe.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:43 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Pjanic would have been a top signing.

Can't say there are many midfielders who really stand-out, and are attainable.

Definitely need far better quality in there if we are to compete at the top end in Europe.
seriously not arsed with Europe this year....it's all about the title

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Why would you want Zlatan deeper? surely, ideally, whoever is in the number 10 position or the deeper lying forward should be someone capable of helping out in midfield, carrying the ball, sparking counters, beat a man to create space, pick a pass and get beyond the front man? That's not Zlat. Zlat is your goal poaching battering ram, obvs much more than just that, but that's his best role, holding up the ball and getting in the box.

Neither Zlat nor Rooney really works as a deep lying forward/No.10 for me..
He seems to want to drop deeper . Didn't see huge amount of him at PSG but from what I saw he is morphing into a deeper lying striker , he likes to be on the ball . Put another way, I would prefer Suarez as the player on the last defender

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
He seems to want to drop deeper . Didn't see huge amount of him at PSG but from what I saw he is morphing into a deeper lying striker , he likes to be on the ball . Put another way, I would prefer Suarez as the player on the last defender
He occasionally drops deeper, the majority of the time he's right up against the CB's bullying them. Sometimes he wanders to see if they follow and give others an opportunity to go beyond him.
Closed Thread