United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
When did Sparky reinvent himself as the voice of reason?
Since every 2-bit @#%&! on here stole my schtick.

Unread 02-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
When did Sparky reinvent himself as the voice of reason?
Since his boyfriend Mourinho took over the £#%&!ing weasel.

Unread 02-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
£#%&! off you @#%&!

Unread 02-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Since every 2-bit @#%&! on here stole my schtick.
Wow.

Brave admission. Brand in tatters.

Unread 02-07-2018, 07:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Much preferred the calmer parters.

Quote:
£#%&! off you @#%&!
What happened to parters??

Unread 02-07-2018, 11:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
£#%&! off you @#%&!

Unread 03-07-2018, 12:07 AM
Ethers

Quote:
If this were the late 90s or even early 2000s then Rashford wouldn't have been heard of until he at least hit 21 at least and would still be developing in the reserves or on loan, instead of learning on the job in front of millions of people with all the added pressure that brings. If people are being totally honest and ignoring their own individual biases then we really should acknowledge that his vastly over-accelerated promotion to first team regular was only brought about by sheer chance because of an injury and a manager that had left the first team squad utterly thread bare.

The fact is now people truly nailed their colours to the mast where Rashford is concerned and bigged him up as a potential worldie from the age of 18. Since he is so far failing to live up to the ridiculous amount of expectation then fingers are being pointed at everything else to excuse it. It's the manager's fault, or he's not being played in the right position, or the players around him aren't doing enough. All this rather than just say "you know what I may have been a bit premature in my judgement of this lad, he might not be the world class talent I thought he'd be". Of course there's no shame in that, but then as everyone knows on the internet you have to hold the same opinion forever and changing your mind is tantamount to some sort of heresy.

The same thing applies to Martial. Not so much in regards to being fast tracked too soon but in that people were firmly in the "he's going to be a world beater" camp and that's that. If he doesn't then again, see above.
%@#$&!s tbf.

Unread 03-07-2018, 01:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
%@#$&!s tbf.

Unread 03-07-2018, 08:57 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
%@#$&!s tbf.
Well argued pal.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
If this were the late 90s or even early 2000s then Rashford wouldn't have been heard of until he at least hit 21 at least and would still be developing in the reserves or on loan, instead of learning on the job in front of millions of people with all the added pressure that brings. If people are being totally honest and ignoring their own individual biases then we really should acknowledge that his vastly over-accelerated promotion to first team regular was only brought about by sheer chance because of an injury and a manager that had left the first team squad utterly thread bare.

The fact is now people truly nailed their colours to the mast where Rashford is concerned and bigged him up as a potential worldie from the age of 18. Since he is so far failing to live up to the ridiculous amount of expectation then fingers are being pointed at everything else to excuse it. It's the manager's fault, or he's not being played in the right position, or the players around him aren't doing enough. All this rather than just say "you know what I may have been a bit premature in my judgement of this lad, he might not be the world class talent I thought he'd be". Of course there's no shame in that, but then as everyone knows on the internet you have to hold the same opinion forever and changing your mind is tantamount to some sort of heresy.

The same thing applies to Martial. Not so much in regards to being fast tracked too soon but in that people were firmly in the "he's going to be a world beater" camp and that's that. If he doesn't then again, see above.
End of

Unread 03-07-2018, 05:36 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, excellent post there - the sort of thing Sparks might have put on a blog back in the day

Unread 03-07-2018, 05:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Well argued pal.
Not much arguing with “if he didn’t show how good he was a couple of years ago nobody would have known” etc

Rashford is a pretty universally rated talent. Most fans of any team can see he’s special. The problem for you, Sparky and other Mou dick riders is there falls a responsibility upon the manager to help nurture that talent. And we know how that usually goes.

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not much arguing with “if he didn’t show how good he was a couple of years ago nobody would have known” etc

Rashford is a pretty universally rated talent. Most fans of any team can see he’s special. The problem for you, Sparky and other Mou dick riders is there falls a responsibility upon the manager to help nurture that talent. And we know how that usually goes.
Sad to see you resort to petty name calling pal. Surgical summer.

Rashford had his best season yet for the club last season btw and Mourinho adores him + Rashford says Mou is improving him. That drives you lot crazy.

Lingard also coming out in recent days praising Mou for how he has improved him. Lukaku as well. Pogba putting in an imperious mature display in a world cup knockout v Argentina setting records for recoveries, undoubtedly a result of Mou telling him to be a more rounded mid. I could go on.

Mou has improved United. That kills you lot. Your god set us back . That's what this is all about. Thought you were above insults but seems Mou's boys shining this summer is killing you haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
End of
Well argued pal.

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sad to see you resort to petty name calling pal. Surgical summer.

Rashford had his best season yet for the club last season btw and Mourinho adores him + Rashford says Mou is improving him. That drives you lot crazy.

Lingard also coming out in recent days praising Mou for how he has improved him. Lukaku as well. Pogba putting in an imperious mature display in a world cup knockout v Argentina setting records for recoveries, undoubtedly a result of Mou telling him to be a more rounded mid. I could go on.

Mou has improved United. That kills you lot. Your god set us back . That's what this is all about. Thought you were above insults but seems Mou's boys shining this summer is killing you haters!

Well argued pal.
Tbh the World Cup is proving a great escape from Mou’s United.

But when we’re trying to diminish our local talent in order to favour a manager who probably won’t be here in 18 months things need to be said.

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:35 PM
saffers

Quote:
Tbh the World Cup is proving a great escape from Mou’s United.

But when we’re trying to diminish our local talent in order to favour a manager who probably won’t be here in 18 months things need to be said.
Not much escaping it when some of the best players are United players who categorically praise Mou in public for improving them.

Rashford from the age of 18 until today has been the player who has played the most under Mou bar De Gea I believe. He has not diminished Rashy, he has built him up. That's just not a serious argument. Nothing else needed to be said about it now.

No one can say Mou has diminished rashford with a straight face. But I guess some of you really have taken to this post truth society we seem to live in now!

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Not much escaping it when some of the best players are United players who categorically praise Mou in public for improving them.

Rashford from the age of 18 until today has been the player who has played the most under Mou bar De Gea I believe. He has not diminished Rashy, he has built him up. That's just not a serious argument. Nothing else needed to be said about it now.

No one can say Mou has diminished rashford with a straight face. But I guess some of you really have taken to this post truth society we seem to live in now!
Meant more Sparky and co. diminishing him every chance he gets.

Although you look at 8 goals in just a couple months under the Big Man and 24 in over 100 apps since and it’s hard not to see it as diminishing returns...

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Switching Off

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:54 PM
saffers

Quote:
Meant more Sparky and co. diminishing him every chance he gets.

Although you look at 8 goals in just a couple months under the Big Man and 24 in over 100 apps since and it’s hard not to see it as diminishing returns...
Sparky ends up dissing all united players anyway, can't use him as an example of united fans being anti rashford to defend mou. Thats why i interpreted your post the other way. I though no way he means us.

Goal wise - Half of those 8 under lvg were in 2 games vs Midtjylland and a pitiful arsenal. Rash has had a goal problem, and it's not due to lack of playing time. That chance v Belgium is a position he has been in many times for us in the last two seasons. I don't see too many utd fans make a huge deal out of it because we know hes young and learning.

I never realised how deep the hatred of mou went with you guys, but I realised it this summer. Next season will be fun. I would advise you guys to soften up as the others will not be as respectful and kind as me. I love all united fans. But I can see some using your anti mou position against you when we have a great season. Hopefully we're all united!

100 apps in 2 seasons is a lot considering he's being diminished!!!

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sparky ends up dissing all united players anyway, can't use him as an example of united fans being anti rashford to defend mou. Thats why i interpreted your post the other way. I though no way he means us.

Goal wise - Half of those 8 under lvg were in 2 games vs Midtjylland and a pitiful arsenal. Rash has had a goal problem, and it's not due to lack of playing time. That chance v Belgium is a position he has been in many times for us in the last two seasons. I don't see too many utd fans make a huge deal out of it because we know hes young and learning.

I never realised how deep the hatred of mou went with you guys, but I realised it this summer. Next season will be fun. I would advise you guys to soften up as the others will not be as respectful and kind as me. I love all united fans. But I can see some using your anti mou position against you when we have a great season. Hopefully we're all united!

100 apps in 2 seasons is a lot considering he's being diminished!!!
Very deliberate. Cruel cameos and starts against Yeovil. Death by a hundred apps.

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:25 PM
AK14

Balls on the kid!
Closed Thread