United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 13-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Is Boardwalk Empire worth investing my valuable time into ?

Serious question.

I spent about 2 months watching Orange is the new black and wish I hadn't.
Yes it's pretty decent, apart from his annoying wife.

OITNB is like a glee club version of Prisoner Cell Block H.

Unread 13-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Okay will jump on it when I get in from the pub.

Unread 14-10-2018, 12:44 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I've got 25 hours worth of flights to do next week. Plus I'll be on lockdown in a Nigerian hotel every night so I need a fuckload of content to watch. Any recommendations for a decent comedy series?
Veep
Always sunny in Philadelphia

Unread 14-10-2018, 03:16 AM
shenwen

The Haunting of Hill House
On Netflix. Familiar story but well put together (based on E1). Couple of scary moments, but mostly a measured build up and back story, rather than an OTT American Horror Story-type approach.

Unread 14-10-2018, 09:12 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I've got 25 hours worth of flights to do next week. Plus I'll be on lockdown in a Nigerian hotel every night so I need a fuckload of content to watch. Any recommendations for a decent comedy series?
Sharpe.

Seriously mate - if you’ve not seen it yet you must.

It has aged really well and really good, mostly self contained mini films.

Just watching one - truly great TV.

Unread 15-10-2018, 02:21 AM
Chris Quayd

Thought Ep 6 of The Deuce was weakest of the season so far though Frankie’s strongest and possibly only decent showing of the season. Frank Sowotka’s character adds nothing and I’ve been complaining to the missus that his son is horribly cast and look about 30, googled him and not only is he 18 but also James Gandolfini’s son.

Also been to that gay sauna from the ep and it looks exactly as it was shot albeit irl it’s on the lower east side and is a Russian bath (not a euphemism).

Unread 15-10-2018, 09:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Thought Ep 6 of The Deuce was weakest of the season so far though Frankie’s strongest and possibly only decent showing of the season. Frank Sowotka’s character adds nothing and I’ve been complaining to the missus that his son is horribly cast and look about 30, googled him and not only is he 18 but also James Gandolfini’s son.

Also been to that gay sauna from the ep and it looks exactly as it was shot albeit irl it’s on the lower east side and is a Russian bath (not a euphemism).
Why have you been in a gay sauna?

First fred coming out post?

Unread 15-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Why have you been in a gay sauna?

First fred coming out post?
Had one ages ago.

And it was used as a gay sauna in the show, but is actually a Russian bath irl, as stated in the OP.

Are you even a detective?

Unread 15-10-2018, 10:24 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Had one ages ago.

And it was used as a gay sauna in the show, but is actually a Russian bath irl, as stated in the OP.

Russian Bath = gay sauna.

Who came out?

Unread 15-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Had one ages ago.

Correct. Not to imply windy is as thick as whale sperm but did also mention my wife in the post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...th-club-2018-1 - 10th picture down was from the show.

Now I don’t have the aptitude for detective work that some do but a lad who is eager to out people + ex-forces? ?