United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:17 AM
MUFC One Love

I think Carrick has been made the scapegoat. Carrick is a player who needs options to properly imply his game, usually he has Ronaldo, Rooney and another forward, he's had a 3 ft 1 Tevez and then a big gap to the midfield, I've said it before, I'll say it again, recently we have been playing a 4-1-5-0 formation as if Fergie is hoping somebody will grab a goal. Once Ronnie is back we will get our shape back. He is also probably the best player in the world at the moment.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
violater

in ronaldo (this is no insult to rooney) we are missing about 70% of our attcking threat.

most runs, goals and attacks are started by ronaldo or indirectly caused by him taking a few players out of position.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Wow, you must have inside information.

Rooney and Hargo the only "untouchables" with ever other player (minus the back four) place in question.
erm our BEST player is the most untouchable and his name isnt rooney.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Tevez will be ahead of Nani in the pecking order. It's all bad news for Ryan Giggs IMO.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
in ronaldo (this is no insult to rooney) we are missing about 70% of our attcking threat.

most runs, goals and attacks are started by ronaldo or indirectly caused by him taking a few players out of position.
we are a one man team.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
we are a one man team.
no we're not.

We could win the title without Ronaldo.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Personally I can't see Anderson challenging for a first place this season.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He'll get his fair share of matches, but I still think he and Nani will be back up choice in the big games.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He wasn't supposed to. He's very young and has hardly played any top level football in his career. He'll develop by getting a few appearances here and there and training with our squad. Fergie has said he'd have preferred to wait for another year with him at Porto but thought he'sd lose out on him if he did. It's a total non-issue.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Personally I think this season will be Rooneys season, slightly ahead of Ronnie. JHust got this feeling Rooney's gonna be unbelievable when he returns.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He wasn't supposed to. He's very young and has hardly played any top level football in his career. He'll develop by getting a few appearances here and there and training with our squad. Fergie has said he'd have preferred to wait for another year with him at Porto but thought he'sd lose out on him if he did. It's a total non-issue.
just because he's brazilian and has long hair people will be calling him to be in the first team as soon as we go through a bad spell.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Personally I think this season will be Rooneys season, slightly ahead of Ronnie. JHust got this feeling Rooney's gonna be unbelievable when he returns.
Me too. Hope the injury hasn't set him back.

This season was his first full summer with the squad. He had no monkey on his back re England etc and had silenced one or two critics re his CL performances last season and was a year older and wiser.

I really felt in August that you'd see real consistency, potential fulfilled and 25+ goals from him.

I hope his transition back is smooth.

Unread 05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Nani is only playing regularly due to the injuries, well though he's done. Personally I like the foresight in bringing in replacements for players coming towards the ends of their careers BEFORE it's a necessity.
And so should everyone else, it's blindingly obvious that's what Fergie had in mind. Not doing so with Keane £#%&!ed us up good and we've only just rectified that.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
erm our BEST player is the most untouchable and his name isnt rooney.
Erm I was commenting on Whalefish's comments.

Ronaldo is the only untouchable in our side.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:07 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Personally I think you're negative about players 9 out of 10 times.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Personally I think you're negative about players 9 out of 10 times.
Sorry but I can't see him doing much this year. I'd say he needs a while to aclimitise to the English game.
I don't like doing the straw dogs routine but there were people on here during the summer saying he'd slot in straight away because they watched him play in Portugal/Youtube.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Sorry but I can't see him doing much this year. I'd say he needs a while to aclimitise to the English game.
I don't like doing the straw dogs routine but there were people on here during the summer saying he'd slot in straight away because they watched him play in Portugal/Youtube.
and those people are dreamers

but on the other hand you are basically writing him off after half a game.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
MUFC One Love

I can't wait until Anderson is playing regularly and scoring every game celebrating with avest under his shirt with a message to Fuzzy every time.

"Take that Fuzz!"

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I can't wait until Anderson is playing regularly and scoring every game celebrating with avest under his shirt with a message to Fuzzy every time.

"Take that Fuzz!"
I'd be delighted if the new Ronaldinho did that.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
S/Side.Red

The amount of shite spoken about Tevez's 'favoured position' is staggering.

He's a striker. He will be best suited playing for United as a striker, not in some kind of attacking midfield position.

His best half of football was the first half at Portsmouth, when he played up top and had the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs, Nani and Scholes playing behind him.

It seems some people learned nothing from Evra. Give Tevez a little time, rather than dropping him or trying to move him into different positions.
Closed Thread