Whalefish

Thumbs up

Top post Serenity. Absolutely bob on.

Unread 06-09-2007, 12:02 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
as far as I'm concerned, total rubbish.
You should expect nothing less when reading any post from LMC.

Unread 06-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up

Great post Serenity

Unread 06-09-2007, 01:49 AM
jem

Default tevez

will be great for us. even coming off the bench. or played out of position.

he'll look best playing up front with someone else, though.

I thought we reasoned that saha was kept out in favour of the mediocre larsson because fergie was trying to flog larsson whilst he had him and keep saha fresh for the title run-in. nice one, fergie.

Unread 06-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I've watched this lad, live and on TV, since he was 17-years old. And long before that I had heard great things about the little pibe from Fuerte Apache with the scarred face, chipped teeth and incredible ability with a football at his feet.

I've seen him produce fantastic moments of skill, score incredible goals, run non-stop till his legs couldn't run any more and win vital matches single handedly.

You may say that was all in South America and doesn't mean anything, well for the second half of last season he looked a class apart to nearly everyone else on the pitch in nearly every match he played. The only player that I can remember looking on a similar level was Berbatov.

And despite playing in a crap team, starting off unfit, not speaking the language, not being used to the league, huge uncertainty over his status, and both of his managers seemingly not wanting him and not knowing how to use him, he still managed to end up scoring more goals per minute than the likes of Nicolas Anelka and Andy Johnson.

I can entirely appreciate people thinking that he wasn't/isn't the right player for us, but to suggest that he is a mediocre footballer is, as far as I'm concerned, total rubbish. And to be honest, I can't believe that anyone who has watched him before would believe this to be the case.

And if you don't believe me, the fans of Boca Juniors, Corinthians, West Ham and indeed the majority of football fans in Argentina, then there's always the sports writers of Argentina, Brazil and South America in general; the scouts of Bayern Munich (who offered €13 million for him when he was 19), PSV (who offered €13.5 million for 50% of him when he was 20), Atleti, Inter and Madrid; Ramon Maddoni, Francisco Cornejo, Carlos Bianchi, Marcelo Bielsa, Arsene Wenger, Guus Hiddink, Fergie... But of course, they all know nothing whatsoever about football.
It's actually a pleasure to read that well reasoned post, makes a change from the mindless idiots that can only muster abuse when they dont agree with you.

I'm certainly not going to try and argue with you over this as you've been watching Tevez pretty much since his career began by the sounds of things and have seen a lot more of him that i have. But just to clarify where i'm coming from - and this is based on what i've seen of him over the last couple of years with Argentina and west ham my opinion is that he's mediocre at the top level i.e for manchester united he will be mediocre - of course he's still better on the whole than most of the players in the premiership, but at the top level i see him doing ok but not being a real force consistently. From what i've seen of tevez, he's had plenty of space to play in with both west ham and arginetina but with united it's different, those little channels that he runs down are all of a sudden dead ends, those bits of space that he finds are just that bit tighter and all of a sudden what was a great player all of a sudden is an average one.

Having said all that, i'm actually willing to wait a while and give him more time to see what he can do, because i am clearly in the minority with my view on this and you have been watching a lot closer and are convinced that he's top quality so i guess all we can do now is sit back and watch how he does. If i have to eat humble pie down the road thats fine, i have no problem admitting i'm wrong if i am.
Closed Thread