United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
What are you views on drug cheat/author Jaap Stam?
I don't remember Stam ever slagging off the fans, the stadium and the club and saying he'd never play for us.
Stam wrote a book, just like Fergie, Keane, Beckham and the rest. One or two lines of it were saying the Neville's were busy @#%&!s and he mentioned he'd been tapped up. At that point he was already here and had played well, he even walked away from at least £1M worth of loyalty payment from his previous club to ensure he got his dream move to United.

Stam's stupidly wrote a book, he didn't slate us or give any ammunition for the ABU's to use against us. You can't compare Stam with Smith.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You should all be ashamed, he hated us more than most other players yet when he signed you couldn't get enough of him because he tried hard. Well I'd try hard but I'm not good enough for United either, add to that I've never slated us and the fans on national TV and I must be a legend too. How many 'legends' are there? There seems to be an awful lot out there if Smith is one. He's a shit player who we should never have signed, simple as that.
im with you brother lets hope the @#%&! breaks another leg

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Crumps

Quote:
I don't remember Stam ever slagging off the fans, the stadium and the club and saying he'd never play for us.
Stam wrote a book, just like Fergie, Keane, Beckham and the rest. One or two lines of it were saying the Neville's were busy @#%&!s and he mentioned he'd been tapped up. At that point he was already here and had played well, he even walked away from at least £1M worth of loyalty payment from his previous club to ensure he got his dream move to United.

Stam's stupidly wrote a book, he didn't slate us or give any ammunition for the ABU's to use against us. You can't compare Stam with Smith.
I can compare any two people I £#%&!ing want. People don't like Smith and I can't say I am Nandrolone boy's biggest fan.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:40 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Wasn't keen on him when he signed but he gave 100% everytime he wore the shirt wherever he played unlike some so called "Legends". Would have liked to see him kept on as a squad player tbh but he was never going to make it as a regular first teamer at United when everyone is fit. I begrudge the lad nothing and wish him all the best.

Got a feeling he could do well against some of our rivals too this season.

Agreed.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
I can compare any two people I £#%&!ing want. People don't like Smith and I can't say I am Nandrolone boy's biggest fan.
OK you can compare who you want. But the reasons for not being a Stam fan are not the same as the reasons for not being a Smith fan and although this is very subjective, I put it to you that the reasons for not being a Stam fan are less valid than those for not being a Smith fan. Ipsofacto I'm right, again. Hope that helps.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:44 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
OK you can compare who you want. But the reasons for not being a Stam fan are not the same as the reasons for not being a Smith fan and although this is very subjective, I put it to you that the reasons for not being a Stam fan are less valid than those for not being a Smith fan. Ipsofacto I'm right, again. Hope that helps.
Yes minister.

Unread 05-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:

I'll keep it in mind. Anything else I should know?

Unread 05-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

I'll keep it in mind. Anything else I should know?
I'll come back to you on that, basically don't believe anything anyone ever says and you're well on your way.

Unread 05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I'll come back to you on that, basically don't believe anything anyone ever says and you're well on your way.
I don't believe you.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Gordon Hill

Default Own up, Crumps

Quote:
What are you views on drug cheat/author Jaap Stam?
Your, SAF in disguise are'nt you?

Unread 07-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Your, SAF in disguise are'nt you?

No wonder Sexton got rid of you.

Unread 07-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Whip Hubley

well, it's good to see 98% think smithy is a decent enough lad. still love to know why he's a @#%&! as he seemed alright when i came across him, and as has been well stated always tried his best. his first bunch of games for us where he was actually fit and played up front showed that he was a decent enough squad player.

but oh yeah he came from leeds
Closed Thread